Top 10 overall picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Digable5 said:
Right, because these sources have never been wrong before. And we should never question what you or the "expert" media people say.

As per FDW, no one is allowed to post an independent thought ever again. All those who think for themselves and look "outside the box" shall be instantly ridiculed and bannished from HFBoards. We'll call it the Pat Faloon rule.

Hey man, just cause I've irritated you in another thread does not mean you should attempt to trash me in this one.

Grow some thick skin.

If you wanna talk about Ladd let's talk about Ladd. Or let's talk about some of Vega's other EXTREMELY questionable statements like Iginla is a 20 goal scorer without Conroy or that Kobasew will struggle to stay in the NHL. The guy has no credibility of his opinion is Ladd is just further proof of that.

speeds

Feb 27, 2002
St.Albert
Visit site
I have admittedly only seen Ladd in one game, so I'm trying to not read to much into his performance from that single game. But in that game I couldn't believe the guy was considered a top prospect, he just didn't seem to know where to be, or what to do; seemed to have poor on-ice vision.

But, by almost all reports he's a guy who whould pan out, so I'm assuming I saw him on a bad day.

Nonetheless, I don't have him in my top 10:

1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Olesz
4. Meszaros
5. Barker
6. Schwarz
7. Radulov
8. Tukonen
9. Smid
10. Montoya

vega007

Sadly Iginlas career is over if he plays without Conroy next season

this is the prime reason that Sutter only wants to give Iggy a one year deal

we'll see who is right this time next year

Prucha73

vega007 said:
Lemieux played on a line in junior with two guys by the names of:

Jacques Goyette (170 points)
Francois Sills (129 points)

Now I'm certainly not comparing Getzlaf to Lindros or Lemieux but think about it.

But it is not like Getzlaf is a great scorer, his past 2 seasons without Ladd, his numbers weren't that good. Maybe it is him who was feeding off of Sjostrom last season?

vega007

forget the stats my friends

you have to actually WATCH THE GAMES YOURSELF to get a proper assessment.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Prucha73 said:
But it is not like Getzlaf is a great scorer, his past 2 seasons without Ladd, his numbers weren't that good. Maybe it is him who was feeding off of Sjostrom last season?

Huh? Getzlaf lead the WHL in points per game this season and finished top 20 in league scoring despite missing games at the start of the year while he was in Anahiem and the World Juniors at Christmas. Getzlaf is the real deal.

vega007

Ryan Getzlaf is the most sure fire NHLer I've ever seen come out of the Hitmen organization, and that includes one Brad Stuart, who was with us for one playoff run.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
vega007 said:
Sadly Iginlas career is over if he plays without Conroy next season

this is the prime reason that Sutter only wants to give Iggy a one year deal

we'll see who is right this time next year

You're crazy.

Literally.

That was probably the most out to lunch post I've read on here and that's saying a lot. You might want to try watching another sport it's obvious you don't have a clue about this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad