6. Marek Schwarz
7. Robbie Schremp
8. Andrew Ladd
9. Drew Stafford
10. A.J Thelen

kovalchuk17atl

Apr 22, 2004
I'm going to stop arguing before I make Martin Skoula angry. :lol :lol :lol

(If you've seen the Crosby vs. Ovechkin video you'd get it..)

vega007

Andrew Ladd can HIT? What kind of crack are you smoking, have you ever seen this guy play, even ONCE, even in an all star or prospects game?

give your head a shake, this is the reason that guys like Pat Faloon go so high in the draft.

vega007

Also this is why an 18 year old draft is a joke. Bump it up to 20 or 21. As for the "what about guys like Kolvalchuk and Heatley" argument, ask Dan Snyders parents what they think of 18 year old kids making millions and buying fast cars. Exactly.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
vega007 said:
Also this is why an 18 year old draft is a joke. Bump it up to 20 or 21. As for the "what about guys like Kolvalchuk and Heatley" argument, ask Dan Snyders parents what they think of 18 year old kids making millions and buying fast cars. Exactly.
:dunno: :dunno:

How old was Heatley when that happened??? Exactly.

vega007

Heatley didn't spend enough time as a kid. All that pressure and money so early is sure to mess you up later in life.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
vega007 said:
Andrew Ladd can HIT? What kind of crack are you smoking, have you ever seen this guy play, even ONCE, even in an all star or prospects game?

give your head a shake, this is the reason that guys like Pat Faloon go so high in the draft.

Calm yourself down, junior. No need to be an ass about it if you disagree with him.

vega007

point taken

still i can't believe that andrew ladd is going to go in the top ten. you'll all see what i mean when i bump this thread five years from now and you're asking yourself, "who the hell is andrew ladd?"

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
vega007 said:
point taken

still i can't believe that andrew ladd is going to go in the top ten. you'll all see what i mean when i bump this thread five years from now and you're asking yourself, "who the hell is andrew ladd?"

Honestly, I see him as a safe pick. At most he's a 2nd liner, and at worse he's a 3rd/4th liner. Some teams like a safe pick.

Personally, I'd much rather go with an Olesz or a Radulov.

Hell, Schremp I even like more than Ladd.

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
If we are going on skill and talent alone then here are the 10 best

1.Ovechkin
2.Schremp
3.Malkin
4.Schwarz
5.Malkin
6.Tukonen
7.Barker
8.Olesz
9.Alexandrov
10.Thelen

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
vega007 said:
How can Andrew Ladd even be in the top 50, nevermind the top 10? This is a huge joke, and a sad commentary on a system in which your draft position is determined by your hype. Have any of you guys actually seen this guy play? I watch him 40+ times a year live and I don't think I'm going way out on a limb to say he will never make it in the NHL.

Hilarious. Of course you lost all credibility a long time ago with your Iginla would be a 20 goal scorer without Conroy and Conroy is the key to the team comments.

Ladd will go top 15 for sure and he will be a good NHLer. Obviously scouting isn't your forte. You do realize young players improve don't you? You are aware that 17 year olds typically aren't as developed as 18 and 19 year olds? I'm not sure you are...

You obviously don't watch hockey the same way most of us do. Interesting that you seem to be a Flames and Hitmen season ticket holder. That's a lot of hockey...

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Funny how people who are paid to scout and project players COMPLETELY and UTTERLY disagree with you Vega. And it's not like it's one or two scouting bureau's. He's a consensus top 15 pick by EVERYONE.

Hmmm let's see here. CSS has him as the #1 skater prospect in North America. Redline has him as the #8 best prospect in the draft. I believe McKeens has him at #5. ISS has him at #9.

Maybe you should be wondering why your opinion is so out of whack with everyone else's? You've give no reason why everyone here shouldn't write you off as being completely out of touch.

J-D

Feb 27, 2002
the dizzle!
Visit site
kovalchuk17atl said:
Schremp should be on there, same goes for Radulov, and how the heck did Tukonen fall to #8?

The orginial question did not only ask about pure skills but also about impact in the NHL (sooner or later). Now we all know that a player won't make it in the NHL only with skills, just ask Mike Riberio (until this year) or Pavel freaking Rosa. Schremp in this case failed to crack my top 10 but only by a few.

Anyway, this year, I am totally confused and the more I read about the players projected in the first round the more confused I get, especially concerning the picks in the 15-25 (my Habs are picking 18th, so that's why it's getting interesting there).

On Tukonen: Fast, skilled, big, but they say he's raw. Which means, impact in the NHL later rather than sooner.

vega007

Flames draft watcher, why don't you bump this thread when Andrew Ladd makes his NHL debut. I won't hold my breath.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Funny how people who are paid to scout and project players COMPLETELY and UTTERLY disagree with you Vega. And it's not like it's one or two scouting bureau's. He's a consensus top 15 pick by EVERYONE.

Hmmm let's see here. CSS has him as the #1 skater prospect in North America. Redline has him as the #8 best prospect in the draft. I believe McKeens has him at #5. ISS has him at #9.

Maybe you should be wondering why your opinion is so out of whack with everyone else's? You've give no reason why everyone here shouldn't write you off as being completely out of touch.
Right, because these sources have never been wrong before. And we should never question what you or the "expert" media people say.

As per FDW, no one is allowed to post an independent thought ever again. All those who think for themselves and look "outside the box" shall be instantly ridiculed and bannished from HFBoards. We'll call it the Pat Faloon rule.

vega007

finally someone who gets it

my whole point was the only reason the andrew ladd is going to get drafted so high is because he has the hype machine going. Many guys at the start of this thread all had Ladd going in the top ten, my question was, "have any of you guys actually seen Ladd play?". In point of fact none of them had, not even in all star or prospect games. The only reason they had him so high was because all they read is what other people write and they just copy it. Damn, everyone says that Daigle is a surefire NHLer, he must go number one!!

Even this Ovechkin kid - who by all reports is the second coming of Jesus Chrst - how many of you guys have ACTUALLY seen him play? I'm a huge fan of junior hockey and I've only seen him on TV during the world juniors, hardly the best showcase for consistency. One good tourney and you're bound to go high - just look at Fleury and now Montoya.

Andrew Ladd will not make it in the NHL - in my opinion. I hope he does because I like the guys attitude, but I really just don't see anything that would lead me to believe he's any better than a guy like Kris Beech. Playing on a line with Ryan Getzlaf has unquestionably balooned his stats quite a bit.

Now if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. But I think I just might have something here. How many of you guys have ACTUALLY seen him play? Hell how many of you guys even know the number on the back of his jersey without looking it up? How many people here have heard of O'Malley? My point exactly.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
vega007 said:
Now if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. But I think I just might have something here. How many of you guys have ACTUALLY seen him play? Hell how many of you guys even know the number on the back of his jersey without looking it up? How many people here have heard of O'Malley? My point exactly.

I've seen Ladd 3 times, 2 on TV and once live at the coliseum. I have to say, he's easily a top 10 forward. (And about as sure-fire NHL as it gets, so prepare to eat your words, vega)

vega007

On the basis of three games, you're willing to say he's EASILY a top ten forward?

you make a great case for why 14 year old kids shouldn't be allowed on these boards.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Ladd

From what i've seen and mostly heard everyone is so high on Andrew Ladd..... when I look at his stats they arent exceptional and maybe he's going for points, not hits... it doesnt mean he can't hit....
Iam from Kingston and used to watch Anthony Stewart play and everyone around the world knows him as a big hitting scoring power forward.... like was proclaimed by TSNduring the WJHC... but in the OHL he seldomly hits... and iam thinking maybe Ladd is like this too and maybe he's just working on his skill set at this time because he knows in the NHL the hitting will always be there for him, and the skills need some work if he's going to be a effective NHLer?????

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
I've watched Ladd play myself. He looked like a great prospect.

You're out to lunch Vega and you always have been. You embarass yourself with a lot of the stuff you say.

How much money do you want to bet that Iginla scores just fine without Conroy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->