Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
Heres my top ten,

1. Jeff Carter
2. Corey Perry
3. Mike Richards
4. Patrick O'Sullivan
5. Danny Syvret
6. Anthony Stewart (had a bad season, but proven)
7. Dylan Hunter
8. Robbie Schremp
9. Brad Richardson
10. Liam Reddox :clap:

Few other guys could fit in there aswell.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
It's amazing how a player like Syvret has one decent year and he's considered one of the best in the OHL.

He was passed over twice for a reason!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
BobMarleyNYR said:
It's amazing how a player like Syvret has one decent year and he's considered one of the best in the OHL.

He was passed over twice for a reason!

There's a difference between being one of the top 10 players in the OHL and one of the top 10 NHL prospects from the OHL. If I were listing the top 25 players in the WHL this year, there would probably be 5-8 guys who'd been passed over in the draft.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Is this a list of the ten most talented players or ten best years by players?

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
1. Jeff Carter
2. Corey Perry
3. Mike Richards
4. Patrick O'Sullivan
5. Danny Fritsche
6. Anthony Stewart
7. Rob Schremp
8. Liam Reddox
9. Dylan Hunter
10. Danny Syvret

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
MS said:
There's a difference between being one of the top 10 players in the OHL and one of the top 10 NHL prospects from the OHL. If I were listing the top 25 players in the WHL this year, there would probably be 5-8 guys who'd been passed over in the draft.
Did I say anything about NHL prospects or the draft, though?

I don't believe Syvret is top 10 in the OHL... not bashing the list, I just don't understand all the hype around Syvret. If a team actually drafts him in the 2nd-3rd rounds (like most people are speculating), I'm going to laugh.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:

I don't believe Syvret is top 10 in the OHL... not bashing the list, I just don't understand all the hype around Syvret. If a team actually drafts him in the 2nd-3rd rounds (like most people are speculating), I'm going to laugh.

Why wouldn't he be considered one of the top 10 players in the OHL. Even before his break out year this season he was always considered one of the top defensive d-man in the league. This season he dominated both ends of the ice, there's no hype about him being a top 10 player in the league, he had an amazing year.

raidered

Feb 4, 2004
Not a bad list, but only 4 forwards are 2-way players(Carter, Richards, Richardson, and Fritche?). Did anyone check the coaches poll for the Eastern Conference? Oulahen's got to be in there somewhere with 5 total nominations (3 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd). He's not a one way stats guy, but plays a pretty smart pro game and has checked and outscored some of the big studs here when going head to head in games over the last 3 or so years. Yah he's only been in the OHL 3 years and not 4 like all these other big name stats guys.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Habsfan 32 said:
1. Jeff Carter
2. Corey Perry
3. Mike Richards
4. Patrick O'Sullivan
5. Danny Fritsche
6. Anthony Stewart
7. Rob Schremp
8. Liam Reddox
9. Dylan Hunter
10. Danny Syvret

What?!? No Pouliot? :biglaugh:

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Top 10 players right now...

1) Jeff Carter
2) Corey Perry
3) Mike Richards
4) Anthony Stewart
5) Patrick O'Sullivan
6) Danny Fritsche
7) Robbie Schremp
8) Bobby Ryan
9) Danny Syvret
10) Liam Reddox

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
BobMarleyNYR said:

The guy had the most votes of all players for the OHL all-star first team (as voted by gm's). He also was the captain of the top team in the league and had the best +/- in the OHL. He also made the Canadian Junior Team. But hey, don't let facts stop your crusade against him.

His draft status means nothing here also - we're talking OHL game, not NHL potential.

Tom

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
BobMarleyNYR said:
Yes,you said he was passed over twice for a reason.But let me remind
you,Nhl scouts do make mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad