Top 10 NCAA Freshmen

Gopher_Nut

Dec 8, 2005
This is a classic college hockey post. Everyone highlights the NHL prospects or the players playing for the top college teams. Some that are being overlooked:

Chris Moran, Niagara - leads all freshmen in scoring. I've seen him a couple times and he's looked very good. Gets overlooked because of the big guns on Niagara.

Brandon Wong, Quinnipiac - haven't seen him but I've heard good things. 10 goals in 12 games as a freshman speaks to that.

To be honest, the freshman class hasn't been terribly great this year to this point. They've had stretches of good play (Barriball started hot, Okposo consistent, etc.) but no one has really dominated. Alot of guys doing well.

You must not have watched much of Okposo. He's impressed me much more than Kessel did this time last yr.

:dunno:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Perkovich is named CCHA Rookie of the Week

Rookie forward leads CCHA freshmen in goals scored

Nathan Perkovich

Nov. 20, 2006

FARMINGTON HILLS - Lake Superior State freshman forward Nathan Perkovich was named Central Collegiate Hockey Association Rookie of the Week after picking up two goals and an assist in last weekend's 3-0 and 4-2 victories over Wayne State.

Perkovich scored the winning goal on Friday, and was named the game's first star Saturday after notching a goal and an assist. He drew the assist on Troy Schwab's 4-on-4 game-winning goal at 17:17 of the third period.

Perkovich, a 6-5, 200-pounder from Canton, Mich., is leading the Lakers (8-4-0) in goals scored with eight and has three assists so far this season. He is tied for first in the CCHA in power-play goals with five. He is tied for sixth in the league in goals scored and is ranked No. 1 among freshmen in that category.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Although he hasnt been as productive as Okposo or Bariball, I gotta give a tip of the cap to Tony Lucia, who has been just hitting people left and right in a 3rd line/checking role, and scored the game winner against wisconny on Sunday...

heygarebear

Blues
Feb 28, 2002
STL - Nashville
I echo that, maybe we can get him to sign on after the Gophers season is over this year and get him some time in the AHL or even with the big club.

after the Gopher season.. we can probably get him to play in AHL... do playoff games count toward the 9 games before his pro contract kicks in?

Just_a_girl

Jul 27, 2004
Clarkston, MI
Perkovich is named CCHA Rookie of the Week

Rookie forward leads CCHA freshmen in goals scored

Nathan Perkovich

Nov. 20, 2006

FARMINGTON HILLS - Lake Superior State freshman forward Nathan Perkovich was named Central Collegiate Hockey Association Rookie of the Week after picking up two goals and an assist in last weekend's 3-0 and 4-2 victories over Wayne State.

Perkovich scored the winning goal on Friday, and was named the game's first star Saturday after notching a goal and an assist. He drew the assist on Troy Schwab's 4-on-4 game-winning goal at 17:17 of the third period.

Perkovich, a 6-5, 200-pounder from Canton, Mich., is leading the Lakers (8-4-0) in goals scored with eight and has three assists so far this season. He is tied for first in the CCHA in power-play goals with five. He is tied for sixth in the league in goals scored and is ranked No. 1 among freshmen in that category.

I really have to say it is always a pleasure to watch Perkovich play. Whenever he's on the ice, you know he'll make something happen. He played two great games this weekend.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Andreas Nodl is now leading all NCAA freshmen in points per game (1.50). Unfortunately for SCSU, he's already declared that his ultimate goal is the NHL and Philly is desperate for RW's right now.:(

I still think we get him for 2 years.
The really good news is Lasch and Weslosky will likely be 4 year players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->