Top 10 John Tavares (on Sportscentre last night)

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
saw this. I kinda don't like all the accolades and positive press surrounding the team these days. I know the media don't follow the Islanders and it pisses me off.

I've heard a lot of positive comments that are pretty misguided. Doug MacLean of Sportsnet watched the Isles-Pens back-to-back and was marveling at how great Brock Nelson, Frans, Halak had played and how Kulemin was on the top line and how good Grabovski looked.

Just reminds me of how critical they were of Snow's moves on Moulson and MacDonald and how cheap they were in not retaining these guys - WHEN THE TRUTH was really that those two players weren't very good at all. If they'd watched, they'd see that.

We all know Wang/Snow were cheap cheap cheap - but if YOU WATCH, you can easily see that all decisions aren't from the same lens.

The long-term contract to JT, Hamonic, and others, were brilliant moves as well.

Anyway, I don't want to complain too much about positive press (for a change!) - still irks me.

JT hasn't been great this year, though he's looked really good the last couple of games. The Isles are doing well because of their balanced attack, consistent work effort and battle level and with any luck, they'd be 18-3, even with JT being "human"

And it's hard not to give both Snow AND Capuano credit. Go knows they get ***** on enough! :)

hockeygoon15

Nov 30, 2006
saw this. I kinda don't like all the accolades and positive press surrounding the team these days. I know the media don't follow the Islanders and it pisses me off.

I've heard a lot of positive comments that are pretty misguided. Doug MacLean of Sportsnet watched the Isles-Pens back-to-back and was marveling at how great Brock Nelson, Frans, Halak had played and how Kulemin was on the top line and how good Grabovski looked.

Just reminds me of how critical they were of Snow's moves on Moulson and MacDonald and how cheap they were in not retaining these guys - WHEN THE TRUTH was really that those two players weren't very good at all. If they'd watched, they'd see that.

We all know Wang/Snow were cheap cheap cheap - but if YOU WATCH, you can easily see that all decisions aren't from the same lens.

The long-term contract to JT, Hamonic, and others, were brilliant moves as well.

Anyway, I don't want to complain too much about positive press (for a change!) - still irks me.

JT hasn't been great this year, though he's looked really good the last couple of games. The Isles are doing well because of their balanced attack, consistent work effort and battle level and with any luck, they'd be 18-3, even with JT being "human"

And it's hard not to give both Snow AND Capuano credit. Go knows they get ***** on enough! :)

I hear what you're saying. Whenever you're an expert -- or at least very knowledgeable -- about something, you'll always cringe when the talking heads try to convey what's happening in a nice little two minute synopsis. I have to change the channel whenever the latest "internet hack" makes the news (also when that God forsaken cars for kids commercial comes on -- WHY IS THAT ON TV NOW!?!) and my lady does the same whenever discussion of the legal system makes the news. Needless to say, she hasn't been watching much TV these past few days.

Snow has done an exceptional job building a team with the constraints placed on him, and I've said this from early on. He's a smart guy. Yes, you will find more diamonds in the rough when you have the "luxury" of being able to dumpster-dive and pick up waiver wire trash, but for every Robbie Schremp he's found, there's been a Michael Grabner. Not to mention the cap friendly contracts he has given to the young guys. He seems to have built a team that the players WANT to be a part of -- a team that they really believe in. We don't have any "locker room cancer" types around, although it appears we came really close and may have dogged a bullet with Vanek.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
#9 was great. I would love to see him use his shot more at close range.

He can really lift it from close in, and in a hurry too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad