Top 10 in scoring now and at the end of the season

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Only because he sat out people have pretty high expectations for a 2 time 60 point player who has never had a ppg season .

78 points in 79 games is as close to PPG as you can get though. Gaudreau was injured for a while last season and had poor luck for a while as well. His point pace puts him at 69 points in 82 games. Draisaitl has never been PPG either, and that's with McDavid. In fact Draisaitl's PPG pace is less than Gaudreau's in their respective careers.

Reactions: flamesforcup

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
His entire career he's been better in the second half.

Seems you're letting your bias blind you.
Crosby is not going to outscore McDavid this season. The idea that he will reeks of nostalgic sentimentalism.
What bias are you for real ? 2 seasons ago in the gaudreau thread early in the season I predicted he would end up with 81 pts just shy of a ppg he had 79 and missed 2 games lol exact trajectory . I have called his career a hell of a lot closer than you have so just give it up with bias bs. I said he would finish in top 15 according to you this is bias lmao this site at times.
QHgHQTX.gif

KingBilly

Oct 18, 2008
Karlsson has like the third best PPG. He will definitely be in the top 10. Unless you think he'll get injured, you're wrong to leave him off the list.

Matthews will be top 5. For right now that kid doesn't seem to be doing anything wrong. The Leafs will pinch either defender on a given shift, and unless someone solves that he'll contend for the scoring title.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I have McDavid just outside the top 10.
No order
Stamkos, Kucherov, Malkin, Crosby, Matthews, Tavares, Schiefele, Gaudreau, Hall, Karlsson

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think we'll see something like the following:

McDavid
Gaudreau
Kucherov

Malkin
Crosby
Stamkos

Wheeler
Tarasenko
Tavares
Scheifele

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Tarasenko scoring 70+ points a year, on pace to crack that, and getting no love from anybody.

Lol at all these picks ahead of him
Wheeler
Voracek
Huberdeau
Scheifele
Kopitar
Kessel
Stone
Draisaitl
Benn
Giroux

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I don't think you need to be a Flames hater to not have Johnny Hockey in your top 10(although at this point smart money is on him being there), but this Huberdeau business is a pretty wild take, as is Phil in the top 5(even with his start to the season).

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What's his shooting percentage? Do you think it's sustainable?

Well why is it that Gaudreau is considered a lock for the top 10 and not Stone? When Stone has been healthy they have scored at very similar scoring paces since entering the NHL. Stone finally has two scorers on his line for the first time since entering the NHL in Ryan and Brassard. I expect him to hover around a ppg pace, not top 10 but ppg is very reasonable. I dont think anyone realistically expects Stone to be in the top 10 but its certainly not something thats impossible.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
I don't think you need to be a Flames hater to not have Johnny Hockey in your top 10(although at this point smart money is on him being there), but this Huberdeau business is a pretty wild take, as is Phil in the top 5(even with his start to the season).
Why is Phil in the top 5 a "wild take"? He's been there multiple years before, he's currently leading his team in scoring, over a PPG, on a team that has looked starved for goals in general, and he's actually played great this year. If the Pens go back to scoring league average 5v5 goals, you don't think he'll be able to benefit? I mean the guy did finish 19th last year. His shooting percentage right now is even lower than his career average. It's not that much of a stretch assuming things fall into place.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Why is Phil in the top 5 a "wild take"? He's been there multiple years before, he's currently leading his team in scoring, over a PPG, on a team that has looked starved for goals in general, and he's actually played great this year. If the Pens go back to scoring league average 5v5 goals, you don't think he'll be able to benefit? I mean the guy did finish 19th last year. His shooting percentage right now is even lower than his career average. It's not that much of a stretch assuming things fall into place.

Well he's a 30 year old who finished 19th last year after coming off back to back 60 point seasons, its not impossible but it would be really surprising especially considering some of the names he would be in front of, I would not bet on Kessel finishing above Schieffle, Gaudreau, Kane, or several others. Also in terms of regular season scoring the first couple of months of the season have historically been Phil's bread and butter.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I would expect Tavares, Crosby, McDavid and Malkin to finish top ten.

Wheeler, Gaudreau, Kessel and maybe Schenn do drop out.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Well why is it that Gaudreau is considered a lock for the top 10 and not Stone? When Stone has been healthy they have scored at very similar scoring paces since entering the NHL. Stone finally has two scorers on his line for the first time since entering the NHL in Ryan and Brassard. I expect him to hover around a ppg pace, not top 10 but ppg is very reasonable. I dont think anyone realistically expects Stone to be in the top 10 but its certainly not something thats impossible.

Because Gaudreau is a better offensive player with a much more sustainable shooting percentage. He's got 163 in 168gp points since his sophomore season. Over the same period, Stone has 134p in 162gp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->