Top 10 goalie prospects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
price and rask have the most upside within the goalies there, Price is huge and a great puckhandler and proved to me how good he was in habs training camp, played excellent against Atlanta. Rask needs to improve on his stamina but no doubt in my mind he can be a huge annoyance against habs fans. Trevor Timmins and Bob Gainey have made it clear Price is a 3 year plan.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
naihlflames said:
Jimmy Howard should be on the HM list too.
If Schneider is on most of the lists then Howard should definitely be on them. I saw pretty much every game that Howard played in college and I've seen Schneider quite a bit and there's no way Schneider is close to being a better goaltender than Howard now or at the same age.

Joretus

orcatown said:
Rask IMO will have to change his style to survive with the pros.

He is playing his 2nd season with pros. This season with 92.2% and 2,31. Which is about same as Neil Little. His team have conceded more goals than Little's so saying "he have to change style to survive against pro's" is just ******** and shows your lack of knowledge(in generally or at least about european hockey/players).

gscorer

Jan 9, 2006
Niko Hovinen

One goalie prospect from Finland also. Might suprise in draft 2006.

Really big guy 192 / 85 / L 16.3.1988 Helsinki

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I'm surprised that there's no love on here for any of the Flyers young goaltending prospects. Rejean Beauchemin and Martin Houle have played exceptionally well on a bad Phantoms hockey team this year.

Houle's Stats with the Phantoms:

16 Games Played 905 minutes 411 shots faced 34 goals allowed 1 Shut Out 2.25 GAA 0.917 Save Percetage

Beauchemin's Stats:

11 Games Played 624 minutes 331 shots faced 27 goals allowed 0 Shut Out 2.59 GAA 0.918 Save Percentage

And all of this on a bad Phantoms team this year.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Harding stopped 56 out of 58 shots. He saw that much rubber, I believe last year. Harding is awesome.

TheDynasty

Aug 8, 2005
Harding
Price
Rask
Montoya
Schneider
Schwarz
Pogge
Pavelec
Dubnyk
Ellis

This coming from a Canadiens fan. There are probably better prospects then Dubnyk and Ellis to fill out those last two spots, but my knowledge of European goaltending prospects is pretty thin. Also, I think age plays a big part, as some of these goalies are a few years younger.

Year of the Shark!!!

Oct 25, 2005
It is pathetic, but understandable, to see that Thomas Greiss is left off of 90% of the poster's lists.

He should clearly be at the top of the list since he is leading or in the top 5 of all goaltending stats in a professional men's league as a 19-year old.

I was in Germany for a month visiting a friend in Cologne (where Greiss plays) and cought a couple of his games. I came to the U.S. just in time to catch the WJC's and was able to see most of the games on CI.

Honestly (and I am not German), comparing him to all the WJC goalies, he is way ahead of them and could probably today make a very solid back-up in the NHL. An amazing talent to say the least.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Year of the Shark!!! said:
Honestly (and I am not German), comparing him to all the WJC goalies, he is way ahead of them and could probably today make a very solid back-up in the NHL. An amazing talent to say the least.

But you are a Sharks fan and he is a Sharks prospect. I'm a huge Greiss supporter and think this kid will be a helluva player but he doesn't have the exposure to make even 5% of these lists. Let the kid do his own talking with his play once he does get the exposure. No need to knock other kids (he's not way ahead of guys like Pogge, Rask, and especially Schneider) to pimp him...he can pimp himself when he comes over. Just hope that Nabokov doesn't block the way for Kipper part 2.

OilerOlli*

You cant tell at this time who from the list will be a NHL-Goalie. But one thing is sure: Thomas Greiss has really great talent. You cant deny it, when you saw him play. He does great for an 19 year old. I count on him and expect him in the NHL in a few years.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Josh Harding will be an NHL goalie for sure. Give the guy some respect. hes only the best goalie in the AHL.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Does anyone think Pekka Rinne belongs on that list? He is the PlanetUSA starting Goaltender in the AHL all-star game. Is MA Flurey still a prospect?

leafaholix*

Gnashville said:
Does anyone think Pekka Rinne belongs on that list? He is the PlanetUSA starting Goaltender in the AHL all-star game. Is MA Flurey still a prospect?
how old is pekka rinne? and no to maf.

leafaholix*

Russian_fanatic said:
I'm so sorry he's going to be a CANUCK and not a FLAME. Seriously I'm sorry.
i agree, schneider is better than nothing. but he's not the kind of prospect that one should really be jealous of.

Joretus

Gnashville said:
23, I thought he was younger because he was drafted in '04

Well no1 have seen him playing with pros much before going to over N-America. He were playing like ~5games in a season in Kärpät when he was drafted. So that's why they drafted him quite old.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
benbouch said:
Jeff Glass will be on my top ten
Its amazing how he's been ignored since the 05 WJC.He did a great job for the Ice as well and IMHO has a good shot at an NHL career.Canadas WJC team was so strong in front of him he never had to steal a game but i think he would have been just fine if we had needed a big game from him.
People discredit his numbers in junior because Kootenay was such a defensive minded team.However,if you look at his stats from his final year in junior he had a GAA of 1.76 and a save% of .932 with 8 shutouts! Even on a defense first team those are impressive numbers.
One thing to keep in mind if you're a Jeff Glass or Senators fan is this.Nearly the same arguements being used to discount Glass were also thrown at Cam Ward a couple years ago. ;)
Every goalie named in this thread has a shot at the NHL,Glass is no exception. :teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad