top 10 college defensemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Im not going to give my list because it will probably be biased. Even though I have watched quite a bit of college hockey this season I will refer to people who can give a fair opinion where as I pay more attention to Pens prospects.
Having said that, Welch should be at the top of the list (or near it) and Goligoski should be up there somewhere as well.
I have been extremely impressed with Hagemo and Alberts as well.
Guys, gals, any thoughts as I would appreciate it to get a barometer on where my Pens prospects fall from non Pens fans and those who y'all think are the top ten
Thanks.

OHL Guy

Jul 1, 2004
Just a Heads up but word is that Todd Perry isn't happy in Boston and will end up in Barrie...

I know he isn't Top 10 but...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
From the games I've seen this year,

Bryan Schmidt (Merrimack) is having a great year, watched him play last night against Minnesota. He's big and has a nice shot. Listed at 6'2 230, junior. He's also the captain and leads his team in scoring, and I think he leads all defensemen in scoring in the nation.

Matt Carle and Brett Skinner (Denver) I personally like Carle a lot better, Skinner is a solid offensive defensemen.

Alex Goligoski looks impressive out there. Doesn't look like a freshman at all.

Not a big Wes O'Neil fan, but it's very impressive that he's leading his team in scoring and he's only 18ish. I believe he's one of only 3 defensemen that lead their team in scoring. (Schmidt, O'Neil and Andy Greene from Miami)

Call me crazy but I like Kyle Klubertanz (wisconsin) more then teamate Jeff Likens, but both are undersized and not overly strong.

Matt Greene is fun to watch, big kid that plays hard and takes the body often.

Brain Yandle at New Hampshire looked good in the only game of NH's I've seen, although I don't know too much about him.

Same with Jonathan Sigalet, he also looked good in the only game of Bowling Green's I saw. Although he's on the small side, he seems to have solid offensive ablities.

I haven't seen Steve Birnstill play this year, but I was very impressed with him last year.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
stardog said:
Im not going to give my list because it will probably be biased. Even though I have watched quite a bit of college hockey this season I will refer to people who can give a fair opinion where as I pay more attention to Pens prospects.
Having said that, Welch should be at the top of the list (or near it) and Goligoski should be up there somewhere as well.
I have been extremely impressed with Hagemo and Alberts as well.
Guys, gals, any thoughts as I would appreciate it to get a barometer on where my Pens prospects fall from non Pens fans and those who y'all think are the top ten
Thanks.

I really don't think 99% of this place likes to admit that Noah Welch actually exists. He was recently in RedLine's top 20 prospects wasn't he? You never hear his name mentioned here unless someone is asking why he isn't playing in the NHL yet. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->