Top 10 American prospects not in the NHL...

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Jack Johnson is still a prospect. They will remain prospects until they play 20 NHL games.

So yea, Jack Johnson is right up there, and to make that guy happy, Montoya too, but I think Schneider is better then him:handclap:

His criteria is no games played in the NHL......

Dicky Dangles

dangles the puck.
Oct 3, 2006
Manhattan Beach
I'm hoping the Flyers pick one guy from your top 5 (Pat Kane) and one guy from your next 5 (Jeremy Smith), and I'd be a very happy Flyers fan and American.

I actually don't know that much about Jeremy Smith, other than he's the top rated goalie in the next draft, and the Flyers need goalie prospects. Can anyone shed some light on his game and potential future? Thanks

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Here's my top ten American prospects (by position) not in the NHL (in no particular order) :

Forward

1) Bobby Ryan
2) Rob Schremp
3) T.J. Oshie
4) Patrick Kane
5) Kyle Okposo
6) Peter Mueller
7) Jack Skille
8) T.J. Hensick
9) Blake Wheeler
10) Brandon Dubinsky

Defensemen

1) Erik Johnson
2) Taylor Chorney
3) Bobby Sanguinetti
4) Matt Niskanen
5) Matt Lashoff
6) Brian Lee
7) Alex Goligoski
8) Matt Smaby
9) Noah Welch
10) Mike Sauer

Goaltenders

1) Al Montoya
2) Cory Schneider
3) Jimmy Howard
4) Ben Bishop
5) Bobby Goepfert
6) Jon Quick
7) Thomas McCollum
8) Brad Phillips
9) Jeremy Smith
10) Jeff Zatkoff

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
I would add Ben Bishop, goalie for Maine in the just out of the top 10 group. He has been dominant when healthy this season.
He has been occasionally dominant when healthy this year. I've seen every game he has played this year and he has been lit up more than once this year and he tends to give up bad goals in most games. He can be dominant,but at this point in his career he's inconsistent.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Here's my top ten American prospects (by position) not in the NHL (in no particular order) :
Defensemen

1) Erik Johnson
2) Taylor Chorney
3) Bobby Sanguinetti
4) Matt Niskanen
5) Matt Lashoff
6) Brian Lee
7) Alex Goligoski
8) Matt Smaby
9) Noah Welch
10) Mike Sauer

No Yandle, huh?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Forward

1) Bobby Ryan
2) Rob Schremp
3) T.J. Oshie
4) Patrick Kane
5) Kyle Okposo
6) Peter Mueller
7) Jack Skille
8) T.J. Hensick
9) Blake Wheeler
10) Brandon Dubinsky

I'd be interested to see you rank these guys.

Attica

Feb 21, 2004
The Office
In my opinion, Schneider>Montoya.

Montoya is further along in his development, but Schneider has been outright dominant at every level he's played.

I admire Montoya for bouncing back from a terrible season, but if you compare Schneider's stats to Montoya's stats at the same level, there is no comparison, Schneider wins hands down.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Forward

1) Bobby Ryan
2) Rob Schremp
3) T.J. Oshie
4) Patrick Kane
5) Kyle Okposo
6) Peter Mueller
7) Jack Skille
8) T.J. Hensick
9) Blake Wheeler
10) Brandon Dubinsky

Defensemen

1) Erik Johnson
2) Taylor Chorney
3) Bobby Sanguinetti
4) Matt Niskanen
5) Matt Lashoff
6) Brian Lee
7) Alex Goligoski
8) Matt Smaby
9) Noah Welch
10) Mike Sauer

Goaltenders

1) Al Montoya
2) Cory Schneider
3) Jimmy Howard
4) Ben Bishop
5) Bobby Goepfert
6) Jon Quick
7) Thomas McCollum
8) Brad Phillips
9) Jeremy Smith
10) Jeff Zatkoff

:handclap: :yo:
definitely a great list of young American prospects. I think we are finally seeing quality depth at every position for the Yanks...and it has taken a decade to do it. The mid 90's to the early early 00's were pretty bad for US hockey with way too many guys turning into busts or never living up to their full potential i.e. Mara, Tanabe, Connolly, Legwand, Taffe, Nystrom, Jillson, Leopold, Rasmussen, Rupp, Hainsey, Ty Jones, Brad Defauw, Eric Chouinard, etc.. Most of these guys were first round picks who we thought were the second comings, but most turned out to be nothing more then toilet paper. Legwand and Connolly still could turn out to be top flight players, but I think Mara, Tanabe, Taffe, Hainsey, and Leopold have levelled off, and the rest just aren't worth mentioning.

But I am proud of this new crop, and within 2 years, I think the NHL will be loaded with young Americans, kind of the way it was back in the late 80's to early 90's.

Here are some of my fav Yanks. not really in any order, but the first 10 might be my top 10 overall Americans.
#1. E Johnson
#2. P Kane
#3. T.J Oshie
#4. B Ryan
#5. B Sanguinetti
#6. R Schremp
#7. J Skille
#8. N Davis
#9. M. Sauer
#10. K Okposo
#11. P Mueller
#12. T Chorney
#13. B Lee
#14. A Montoya
#15. C. Schneider
#16. J Howard
#17. T.J Hensick
#18. J Van Riemsdyk
#19. J. Hennessy
#20. M. Niskanen

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
for those who don't know N Davis, thats Nate Davis who plays for Miami-Ohio and is Blackhawks property. I am so sure on this kid, I think he will be next years Paul Stastny, and will get a big shot to make the Hawks, even with Skille, Toews, and Bolland all in the running for roster spots. This kid has explosive talents. Can't wait to see him up with the big club soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad