Rumor: Tootoo back to Nashville

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Wouldn't mind a trade for Richard Clune. We would still have fists and a hitting machine but that would ease a lot with the cap.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson
Tatar - Helm - Samuelsson
Nyquist - Andersson - Miller

That team is softer than a wet flower :laugh: I understand Tootoo wouldn't really add too much to that (He's one of 12 forwards), but I just had to step back and think. Toughness is a little overrated in today's league, but there's not exactly any of it there either.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Franzen - Weiss - Alfredsson
Tatar - Helm - Samuelsson
Nyquist - Andersson - Miller

That team is softer than a wet flower :laugh: I understand Tootoo wouldn't really add too much to that (He's one of 12 forwards), but I just had to step back and think. Toughness is a little overrated in today's league, but there's not exactly any of it there either.

You're missing Bert and Cleary, two of Babcock's favourites, who "play big" or w/e Babs always says.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
It is a start. I think Cleary will just take his spot and money over. 3 years, $2.333M per ($7M total).

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI

While I liked Tootoo getting involved with the fists...that meant jack squat in the spring time. You want toughness out of your star players when they're getting worked over by mammoth defensemen like Chara around the net. Playing 7 minutes and sitting the box for 5 is cute in the regular season but a guy like Tootoo won't help you win a Stanley Cup over a guy like Miller or Eaves. Remember the impact Carcillo and Mayers had for the Blackhawks in the playoffs? Exactly...

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
While I liked Tootoo getting involved with the fists...that meant jack squat in the spring time. You want toughness out of your star players when they're getting worked over by mammoth defensemen like Chara around the net. Playing 7 minutes and sitting the box for 5 is cute in the regular season but a guy like Tootoo won't help you win a Stanley Cup over a guy like Miller or Eaves. Remember the impact Carcillo and Mayers had for the Blackhawks in the playoffs? Exactly...

The thing with Tootoo is if he could keep his gloves on he'd be a more effective player.

crashman

I honestly don't care how it gets done or if we get ANYTHING in return, I want Tootoo outta here.

I liked him for about a week in January when he was cannonballing guys into the boards, but then the novelty wore off. I'll have way more fun hating this guy again than watching him be a non-factor on the Red Wings.

We need a agitator-type player, but Tootoo is too much of a liability. When he's not stirring **** up he's totally useless.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Pretty surprised Vancouver isn't all over Tootoo.

In any event don't really care where Tootoo and Eaves go, they seem to be the odd men out.

They couldn't move Sammy now even if he wanted to be moved and the Wings begged someone, think they will keep Emmerton for insurance reasons and because moving him does virtually nothing for the cap.

Really don't understand the Miller signing.

RedWingsNow*

If we're not going to use Tootoo, which I can't understand, then we should move him

However--
1) We should be using Tootoo on a line centered by Helm
2) Moving Tootoo makes room for Cleary more than Tatar

So it's really tough to be supportive of trading Tootoo

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
If we're not going to use Tootoo, which I can't understand, then we should move him

However--
1) We should be using Tootoo on a line centered by Helm
2) Moving Tootoo makes room for Cleary more than Tatar

So it's really tough to be supportive of trading Tootoo

We need to free up $$ regardless to re-sign our RFAs.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
As the article points out, Nashville is full at forward as well with 14 forwards. Doesn't seem like a good fit unless Nashville is also working to move pieces to another team.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
As the article points out, Nashville is full at forward as well with 14 forwards. Doesn't seem like a good fit unless Nashville is also working to move pieces to another team.

One of Fisher (probably would not leave Nashville) / Cullen (literally just signed there) / Wilson (I think they stick with him, though) + good bottom 6er(s) (1 or 2) + for Gagner?

Just an idea.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tootoo+Quincey+pick+prospect for Kevin Kline :sarcasm:

:nod:

I would be all over that if they would consider it and really they should. Jones and Weber are their top two right handed D-man moving forward, so top 4 on the right side is settled. The prospect could be pretty good for that, don't know if they can do it cap wise and it might look like a garbage dump to their fans depending on the prospect.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
They need Fisher! They can't afford to lose Underwood as a mascot.

Wilson + for Gagner kind of makes a lot of sense the more I think about it. Edmonton likely wants a C with size since RNH isn't exactly massive. Nashville gets an ACTUAL top 6 C with Gagner. Edmonton can slot Wilson on line 2 with Yakupov and Perron as his wingers, two skilled guys who can do most of the puck carrying.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Wilson + for Gagner kind of makes a lot of sense the more I think about it. Edmonton likely wants a C with size since RNH isn't exactly massive. Nashville gets an ACTUAL top 6 C with Gagner. Edmonton can slot Wilson on line 2 with Yakupov and Perron as his wingers, two skilled guys who can do most of the puck carrying.

Isn't RNH still questionable to start the season healthy? If they think RNH will be out for a bit to start the year, I'm not sure Edmonton can trade Gagner.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Isn't RNH still questionable to start the season healthy? If they think RNH will be out for a bit to start the year, I'm not sure Edmonton can trade Gagner.

I'm not entirely sure how RNH is. His health would obviously put a roadblock on any significant shakeup to their team.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Moving Tootoo makes sense. Nashville as a destination doesn't really make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad