Too late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
I'm turning 26 next week and I've been an hockey fan pretty much all of my life, I played when I was young but I was like 5-6 years old and have never put on skates since then. Now the summer is coming and I'm wondering if I should get a pair of rollerblades and start skating daily this summer so I could put on a pair of ice skates this winter.

Anyone done this here? Have any advice? My ankles aren't very solid so I know I will have extreme difficulty at first, what are good excercises to strenghten your ankles?

couris

Dec 28, 2005
Go for it. I played ice hockey for the first time this winter (i live in cartierville area) and it was so fun. Started from 0 experience and now i can skate pretty well. I'm 21 btw.

Doctor Hook

Mar 11, 2006
Boston
I've seen plenty oif dudes way older than you just get into it with no experience. I've never really heard of ankle strength building exercises. Just try to get as much ice time as possible, don't get frustrated, and have fun.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
i taught myself how to skate on a cheap $20 pair of rollerblades that sounded like they were metal the summer before my junior year in high school. best move i ever made.

anyway, do it. get a pair of blades and skate. play some pick up games, and once you feel slightly ocnfident, join a league. the only way to get better is to play.

have fun!

Last edited:

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass
couris said:
Go for it. I played ice hockey for the first time this winter (i live in cartierville area) and it was so fun. Started from 0 experience and now i can skate pretty well. I'm 21 btw.

I have basically the same story. I started going to public skate to learn how to ice skate, then after about 10 hours of public skate I felt ready to dive into ice hockey. Went to my first open hockey in the middle of January and two months later I have no problem keeping up with everyone. Still developing a 'hockey sense' on where to be in certain situations, and still working on puck handling and everything else but you'd be surprised how quickly you can learn if you practice/play couple times a week. Good luck, you'll love the game even more once you play it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->