Injury Report: Tony DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Not great but not the worst thing in the world either. Painful because he'd been playing pretty well recently, but the good news is this won't effect offseason training, which is most important at this point imo.

Reactions: bl02

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I consider this fantastic given how horrible the replay looked. This allows him to have a full and productive summer training rather than losing half or all of it to rehab from a more serious injury.

Reactions: bl02

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Great news, but isn’t it something odd with sprained ankle and 3-4 weeks?

OTOH I googled sprained ankle and NBA (thinking those big guys should get the worst sprains) and they evened had a few guys out 6-8 weeks.

I’ve sprained some ankles really bad but at worst it was 4-5 days things that you could play on after that even if the foot could be sore in the mornings.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

OTOH I googled sprained ankle and NBA (thinking those big guys should get the worst sprains) and they evened had a few guys out 6-8 weeks.

I’ve sprained some ankles really bad but at worst it was 4-5 days things that you could play on after that even if the foot could be sore in the mornings.
There is a HUGE difference between you playing on your foot after a sprained ankle, and an NHLer playing on their foot after spraining their ankle.

When teams give the timeline for injuries, most of the time it's recovery time + training/rehab to get back into 100% playing condition.

3-4 weeks is not odd at all.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
There is a HUGE difference between you playing on your foot after a sprained ankle, and an NHLer playing on their foot after spraining their ankle.

When teams give the timeline for injuries, most of the time it's recovery time + training/rehab to get back into 100% playing condition.

3-4 weeks is not odd at all.

Is it? I don’t know, I’ve had sprains causing a huge swelling. The doctors have taped it and iced it to get that down, 4-5 days to get the foot to work when it’s warmed up and you could play. It often hurt for like a week more in the mornings and felt a little “lose” but in a skate that wasn’t a big issue.

Maybe these kind of sprains are much more severe than those sprains were you miss step and get like a tennis ball size swelling under the ankle, that like ligaments are torn more etc.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Dude the replay looks like his entire ankle bones, ligaments and muscles have been shook, crunched, put through a lot of stress. Kinda miraculous to me that it's not broken or torn.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016

I sprained my ankle so severely once that I was on crutches for 3 weeks. There are degrees to the severity of the sprain, and ADAs looked pretty bad

Gravey22

Nov 19, 2017
He dodged a bullet. Not sure if he'll reach the projection of a dynamic offensive defenseman. He'll likely have another shot, probably last NYR, next season. He concentrated on defending and improved. If he can continue but also explode when the play presents well then you have something. If he cannot learn those opportunities then he'll be pushed out. Sounds like we could try Day sometime next year. Same type although Day is a larger package.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I sprained my ankle so severely once that I was on crutches for 3 weeks. There are degrees to the severity of the sprain, and ADAs looked pretty bad

Yeah this. A sprain also doesn't just mean "oops a little banged up" it can literally mean torn ligaments, tendons, etc. If it's a bad one it can take a good while to recover.

In some cases a broken bone is better to have

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
AV said it was “like” a high ankle sprain in his presser. I don’t know what that entails but usually that’s the worst kind of sprain. I think sprain’s more of a medical euphemism than anything. My sportsfan’s guess would be: trauma and damage but surgery not required at the moment. Watch to see if it heals on it’s own. Not catastrophic. My guess.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah this. A sprain also doesn't just mean "oops a little banged up" it can literally mean torn ligaments, tendons, etc. If it's a bad one it can take a good while to recover.

In some cases a broken bone is better to have
True. Though broken bones apparently don’t ever heal up to pre-injury strength. I heard that. Dunno if true. But if the bone holds through what we saw it’s good to know ADA drinks his milk.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
well this is weird
did he mean Quinn or Ruff?

1704989805792.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad