Recalled/Assigned: Tony DeAngelo, Peter Holland & Vinni Lettieri to AHL

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Nieves and Holland as the 3 and 4 C’s? All aboard the tank train!:sarcasm:

AFTER Dahlin, the next dozen or so picks are likely to include 7 defensemen: Boqvist, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson, Smith, Wilde, Merkley. Of those, 5 are RHD. After this group, there's a pretty significant drop. I'm sure of those 7 defensemen, the Rangers dislike at least a couple. So realistically to grab a guy they like who has top pair potential, they'd likely need a top-10 pick.

There was speculation (not a rumor, but speculation) about getting Buffalo's pick for McDonagh. If we could draft Svechnikov or Tkachuk up front with the #2 pick and then a really good defenseman with their won ~#10 pick, it would be a massive step for the team's future. Imagine Bouchard, Tkachuk, Chytil, Lias and Shesterkin as our top 5 (I listed them in random order), followed by ADA, Graves, Pionk, Vinny L, Nieves as the next 5 as our second-tier, followed by a pretty large third tier. That would be one of the top-6 farms in the NHL. Throw in a couple of late first rounders (for Grabner and Nash), and this is arguably the best farm in the league.

Reactions: Phoicon

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
My only concern with ADA is his board play. He seems to get out-muscled quite a bit. Otherwise I think he has been good.
He has the speed to keep up with guys tho. So if he’s smart he won’t try the traditional pin to the board and work out the puck but rather use the boards to knock the offensive player off balance and skate with him to take the puck

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
DeAngelo has been much better in his own zone since his recall. He still needs to work at it but it's been passable.

Lettieri really has been snakebit. He's hit at least three posts where he cleanly beat the goaltender. Him and Desharnais together are a disaster though. Vinni reminds me a bit of a young Ryan Callahan.

Holland has played well as well. I like his size and the Rangers have been using him to PK etc. and he's been fine.

I actually think Carey and Nieves have played well this year. I don't really have an issue with the depth forwards. It's more the top 6 I have an issue with. Most of these guys are struggling to produce at the same level they have in previous years--some have been asked to produce more and apart from Buchnevich that hasn't happened.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If you don’t have McDavids or Mathews of the world you need a deep top9, not top6. The Rangers could have it (means Fast and Grabner are on the 4th line) and I wouldn’t be upset that there’s no elite 1C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad