Recalled/Assigned: Tony DeAngelo, Peter Holland & Vinni Lettieri to AHL

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
DeAngelo- Good review. He'll never be amazing defensively I'd imagine, but he's very much in line with the 'new era' NHL defenseman, where quick puck movement and pivotal skating are very important. He reminds me a little of MDZ in his early career, before he lost all his offense.

Lettieri- Very north-south hockey player. Yet another good example of why NCAA stats can be misleading- players have to make their own time and space in the NHL. I don't see him as a 20 goal prospect, but if he can improve his skating and add a little more physicality he could be a mainstay in the bottom 6.

Holland- exactly as advertised. Vanilla 4th line center. Doesn't have the hockey IQ to produce at the NHL level they way he does in the minors. He'd be extremely replaceable if we had any depth or quality in the bottom 6, but we don't so he stays.
I thought Lettieri's skating was good. Just got knocked around a bit too easily on the puck.

DeAngelo has been great since coming back, so if he isn't called up after the ASB, then I'll be disappointed.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Am I the only one who has thought Holland looked god as a 4th line center? Is he a total world-beater? No. But he sees the ice pretty well, has decent size, is good in the dot, is good at both end of the rink and isn't a black-hole offensively. Last night between Fast and Grabner he was able to facilitate the play through the middle from what I saw. Are people expecting Ryan Getzlaf on the 4th line?

I'd honestly prefer Holland and Nieves as the teams #3 and #4 centers to finish the season and trade DD who I see as much more of a passenger

Reactions: BobSantos

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
i agree with most of you that ADA has been playing very well since being recalled

i also think like @Inferno that he has played very well defensively and looks like he has improved in that aspect....i just wish he would get time with the first PP with shatty out

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
lmao no, that didn't happen. We have enough data already from Corsica that puts us close enough. If I was home, I'd just scrape it, but since I'm at work, I'd have to go through the game sheets, and I don't want to do that...

Or wait... this could be like a 5 min coding project. Prepare to hold again...
You clearly don't want the truth about Vinni's ENGs to get out there.

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
ADA definitely deserves to be back, I've noticed he's made up for his low defensive IQ with his speed. He recovers very very well.

Reactions: Lays

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Am I the only one who has thought Holland looked god as a 4th line center? Is he a total world-beater? No. But he sees the ice pretty well, has decent size, is good in the dot, is good at both end of the rink and isn't a black-hole offensively. Last night between Fast and Grabner he was able to facilitate the play through the middle from what I saw. Are people expecting Ryan Getzlaf on the 4th line?

I'd honestly prefer Holland and Nieves as the teams #3 and #4 centers to finish the season and trade DD who I see as much more of a passenger
You're not the only one.

Id play Holland over DD, Vesey, and Carey.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
In 4 games back Tony D has 2 points, 6 sog avg 15.96 toi, and it seems everyone noticed he looks good out there. If he can keep up his play he'll finish off the year with the big club.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
My only concern with ADA is his board play. He seems to get out-muscled quite a bit. Otherwise I think he has been good.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Don't think they'll play tonight, but maybe they went to Hartford immediately after the San Jose game.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
You clearly don't want the truth about Vinni's ENGs to get out there.

giphy.gif

Alrighty. Vinny has been on the ice for 19 total goals. 6 for the Rangers (3 on the PP, and 3 5v5) and of course, math, 13 against the Rangers (1 shorthanded against, 3 ENGs, and 9 even strength) which gives us the magic -10 (-13 + 3).

So, all that work to tell us what we knew. Rip away the 3 ENGs, and it's a still mildly concerning -7. But, still small sample. And, should also be mentioned, that his shot attempt numbers are garbage.

Groovy.

Reactions: Irishguy42

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
My only concern with ADA is his board play. He seems to get out-muscled quite a bit. Otherwise I think he has been good.

Yeah it's not ideal but it's the cost of doing business. If he bulked up, very possible it would detract from the attributes that make his game effective.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Alrighty. Vinny has been on the ice for 19 total goals. 6 for the Rangers (3 on the PP, and 3 5v5) and of course, math, 13 against the Rangers (1 shorthanded against, 3 ENGs, and 9 even strength) which gives us the magic -10 (-13 + 3).

So, all that work to tell us what we knew. Rip away the 3 ENGs, and it's a still mildly concerning -7. But, still small sample. And, should also be mentioned, that his shot attempt numbers are garbage.

Groovy.
So he actually has been on for 3 empty netters against? What a time to be alive.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Holland is the definition of vanilla but he's serviceable. As I said for the deadline, I expect one of DD/Holland to be shipped out for like a 5th-7th rounder and one of Plekanec/Sceviour/DiDomenico or a Letestu to be brought in for a 3rd-4th rounder plus one of Tambo/Graves/Gropp/Fogarty.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

I agree that I'd rather have Holland and Nieves over DD51 but would be ok to use all three in a rotation for 3C and/or 4C spots. Still with a healthy full roster as currently affiliated with the Rangers (i.e. Kreider is back and no trades) I'd use Miller at center instead, so top 9 spots are filled by NZB, KHZ and GMF.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Tempted to actually buy an AHL live 5 game pass to watch all these kids in Hartford. FUUUUUTUUUREEEEEE

They will actually be good while this trio and Lias play in Hartford along with Chytil, Kosmo, Nieves, Graves, etc.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
ADA has been very good since he came back, Holland has been a serviceable option and Lettieri looked decent early on, but seemed to be overwhelmed the last few games. I would guess he stays down and the other 2 get recalled.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008

Nieves and Holland as the 3 and 4 C’s? All aboard the tank train!:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->