Recalled/Assigned: Tony DeAngelo, Peter Holland & Vinni Lettieri to AHL

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yeah, I don't think this is any more than giving them play time. They already did this for the other break a few weeks ago.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I forgot Holland could be reassigned without waivers. He was not up for 10 games or 30 days, so no waivers necessary.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
DeAngelo- Good review. He'll never be amazing defensively I'd imagine, but he's very much in line with the 'new era' NHL defenseman, where quick puck movement and pivotal skating are very important. He reminds me a little of MDZ in his early career, before he lost all his offense.

Lettieri- Very north-south hockey player. Yet another good example of why NCAA stats can be misleading- players have to make their own time and space in the NHL. I don't see him as a 20 goal prospect, but if he can improve his skating and add a little more physicality he could be a mainstay in the bottom 6.

Holland- exactly as advertised. Vanilla 4th line center. Doesn't have the hockey IQ to produce at the NHL level they way he does in the minors. He'd be extremely replaceable if we had any depth or quality in the bottom 6, but we don't so he stays.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I was a little taken aback when I say Vinny was -10 in 10 games. Obviously that's not my favorite stat, but that's eye-catching.

EDIT: ^ Yeah, what he said.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
How was Lettieri -10 in 10 games? I know that's a weak, oft-misleading stat, but man.
Small sample, bad luck. I mean, he's not exactly shredding the shot attempts or xG department. But if you look at 5v5 only, that -10 drops to -6. So it's probably a combo of short-handed goals against (1) and ENG (?) against?

Reactions: nyr2k2

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Tempted to actually buy an AHL live 5 game pass to watch all these kids in Hartford. FUUUUUTUUUREEEEEE

Reactions: RGY

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Small sample, bad luck. I mean, he's not exactly shredding the shot attempts or xG department. But if you look at 5v5 only, that -10 drops to -6. So it's probably a combo of short-handed goals against (1) and ENG (?) against?
If my algebra skills haven't rusted too much, that would put him at 3 ENGs in 10 games, which seems ... unlikely. Think it's more likely a database error on Corsica. And now I see there's now another GA at 5v5, he's up to -7.

Reactions: nyr2k2

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
If my algebra skills haven't rusted too much, that would put him at 3 ENGs in 10 games, which seems ... unlikely. Think it's more likely a database error on Corsica. And now I see there's now another GA at 5v5, he's up to -7.
Fake stats. Sad!

Can one of the eye-test people quickly remind us about all the GA Lettieri has been on the ice for? ;)

Reactions: ponytrekker

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Fake stats. Sad!

Can one of the eye-test people quickly remind us about all the GA Lettieri has been on the ice for? ;)
Many of them were against 3 teams, Islanders, Pitt and Anaheim. No eye test needed that is his game logs. DD also a -9(I think) in his past 10 games.

Reactions: TheTakedown

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
My own eye test says Vinni has not been very impactful. Like many new players, he came out of the gates quickly in the first two or so games.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
That plus minus isn’t unlucky. Lettieri is bleeding chances against and like I said yesterday I’m no corsi guy but on a bad corsi team he’s the worst of the group.

I like the kid but if he isn’t scoring he isn’t helping this team with his game the way it is. He should be sent down and stay there work on his overall game.

DeAngelo is just going down to play no reason for him to take 7 days off. Sure he’ll be right back up for practice after the weekend.

Holland well I think he stinks but Nieves didn’t do enough to keep his spot either. So maybe we stay with holland for a bit. But desharnais and holland as your bottom centers is a massive problem

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Saves a lot of cap space and gets them playing time. As I said after the game I don't expect Lettieri back for a few weeks due to McLeod and also the need for a center.

ADA I'd say is 100% back, Holland 50/50.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Me when the early results of a stat project aren't showing what I'm hoping it would.
lmao no, that didn't happen. We have enough data already from Corsica that puts us close enough. If I was home, I'd just scrape it, but since I'm at work, I'd have to go through the game sheets, and I don't want to do that...

Or wait... this could be like a 5 min coding project. Prepare to hold again...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad