Recalled/Assigned: Tony DeAngelo back to Wolfpack

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Just the logic of thinking a player who is getting 6 min a night is responsible for the NYR's porous GA baffles me. And this is coming from someone who actually still values solid defensive play. The amount of bad decisions that McD, Shatty, Smith, Skjei, Holden have made this season could fill a book.

ADA should be playing, 100%. So, better HFD than 7th D. But this is typical AV, letting preconceived expectations drive too much decision making.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Just the logic of thinking a player who is getting 6 min a night is responsible for the NYR's porous GA baffles me. And this is coming from someone who actually still values solid defensive play. The amount of bad decisions that McD, Shatty, Smith, Skjei, Holden have made this season could fill a book.

ADA should be playing, 100%. So, better HFD than 7th D. But this is typical AV, letting preconceived expectations drive too much decision making.

Given the state of the Rangers as whole and how bad their D played as a group specifically, it is probably not a good thing for DeAngelo to "learn on the job" while making rookie mistakes. A negative play on a struggling team could do more damage to player's development than the same play that can be masked or overcome by a winning, confident team.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Given the state of the Rangers as whole and how bad their D played as a group specifically, it is probably not a good thing for DeAngelo to "learn on the job" while making rookie mistakes. A negative play on a struggling team could do more damage to player's development than the same play that can be masked or overcome by a winning, confident team.

OMG! Thank you! This this this !

He's playing well in short minutes, and he' not ready to take over top 2 minutes , so send him down for a bit, and bring him into the mix as the team settles.

That's not atypical roster management.

Jesus.

Reactions: romba

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Ok then he will break into the league, so AV is not sabotaging him.

The point still stands tha the general consensus is every player who isn't sticking who was either a stretch or had some red flags on their resume weren't bad NHL players, they were being held down by "the man".

Are you going to now tell me "but , but no no AV really is sabotaging this time I'm telling the truth"?

I am telling you that its the truth this time because this time DeAngelo is an actual player. He isn't a guy that can maybe make the NHL 1 day, like the majority of players youre referencing. Hes still viewed around the league as a guy with top 4 potential.

I never claimed AV was sabotaging him, I'm just saying that the best thing for this organization is for him to be playing now. IMO he's better all-around than Holden.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kreider was sent down at age 22
Skjei played an entire season in the AHL while turning 22

Some guys here are pretending as if this demotion is the end of his career. He is waiver exempt which makes the decision easier, but ADA can profit from time in the AHL.

Reactions: will1066

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I am telling you that its the truth this time because this time DeAngelo is an actual player. He isn't a guy that can maybe make the NHL 1 day, like the majority of players youre referencing. Hes still viewed around the league as a guy with top 4 potential.

I never claimed AV was sabotaging him, I'm just saying that the best thing for this organization is for him to be playing now. IMO he's better all-around than Holden.

If he is [I'm not saying he isn't], he will be back.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kreider was sent down at age 22
Skjei played an entire season in the AHL while turning 22

Some guys here are pretending as if this demotion is the end of his career. He is waiver exempt which makes the decision easier, but ADA can profit from time in the AHL.

Kreider barely played half a season in the AHL, Brady played 1 season. ADA has already played 1.5 seasons. He is ready for the show. This demotion makes little sense.

Reactions: Off Sides

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
DeAngelo is a dog pile. I dont want to see him again till he learns to play hockey in the NHL

How is he suppose to learn to play hockey in the NHL when he is in the AHL? Part of developing players is letting them make mistakes as rookies in the NHL, that is how they get better. Nobody just pops into the NHL and is a seasoned, mistake-free player.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
How is he suppose to learn to play hockey in the NHL when he is in the AHL? Part of developing players is letting them make mistakes as rookies in the NHL, that is how they get better. Nobody just pops into the NHL and is a seasoned, mistake-free player.
All the coaching in the world aint gonna fix braindead.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
The only entertaining thing about a losing streak is seeing who crawls out of the woodwork or feels super enabled to say "I-told-you-so" or just post nonsense.

You can try to debate apocalyptic idiocy with facts or logic. Or you can just join in.

THE END IS NIGH

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The only entertaining thing about a losing streak is seeing who crawls out of the woodwork or feels super enabled to say "I-told-you-so" or just post nonsense.

You can try to debate apocalyptic idiocy with facts or logic. Or you can just join in.

THE END IS NIGH

"I told you guys in 2008 that at some point in time, the team will not be good. You're welcome..."

For example, the posters who told us Lundqvist was done even during his Vezina winning/finalist years. How did they know?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Showing off Holden and Staal and winning a few more games WHILE ADA is playing more minutes in Hartford isnt the worst thing. Playing ADA 5 minutes and losing is.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
What miracle will he provide? The not so good miracle of zero cap space for now and the next however long. Oh yeah, and little else to sign anyone already here and deserving of a raise. How about playing better team defense and stopping a few more very stoppable pucks?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad