Tonight's Canada Exhibition Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Wow, what a fluke goal. :joker:

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I think Perry should stay on the top line with Bergeron and Crosby. Perry and Crosby are scorers and Bergy is the perfect setup man.
and Maguire just echoed it... doh lol

dem

Mar 17, 2002
MacArthur scored for Canada
Atleast I think it was MacArthur. Pierre was rambling on about Perry like he scored it.

4-0

Btw... those "grinders" are looking pretty good for Canada tonight.. :handclap:

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
what's the word on Seabrook? why doesn't he just be a man and step up and tell them he can't play? it's not like he could stop O'Sullivan last year anyway, even with the hooking and clutching...

so, my vote is.....cut seabrook. give the spot to Quincey, who's been looking good.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
1 minute left in the second period...

WOW .... they are dominating... as I thought they would.. Finland is supposed to be a darkhorse... I feel bad for the Finish tender who's played well considering his team had been totally outmatched...

Crosby-- Bergeron -- Colliton is an awesome line

Perry's been playing awesome
everyones been hitting.. i love it..

Keep it up boyz

GO CANADA GO!!!!

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Vinland said:
there is some history behind them. Not that you would get it.

Trail Smoke Eaters were the first team to ever represent Canada in an international tournament (1931?). Their jerseys were mustard yellow.

Anyways, it might be a little early for analysis, being exhibition and all, but Canada is a little too confident. For the most part, they're not putting effort into defensive play, save for Ryan Getzlaf. Their offense is so overpowering that I don't see this as much of a downfall, but expect a Russian upset if this keeps up.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
kmad said:
Trail Smoke Eaters were the first team to ever represent Canada in an international tournament (1931?). Their jerseys were mustard yellow.

Anyways, it might be a little early for analysis, being exhibition and all, but Canada is a little too confident. For the most part, they're not putting effort into defensive play, save for Ryan Getzlaf. Their offense is so overpowering that I don't see this as much of a downfall, but expect a Russian upset if this keeps up.

Too confident??.. what do you want them to do let finland have the puck so you can play defence? lol... They are playing a perfect game right now... ive maybe seen 3 mistakes... 2 by Phaneuf early on long stretch passes.. other than that... im excited..

keep it going WOOO!

chicpea*

True, but I saw Perry [!] on the nice backcheck intercept a pass in the 1st period. This has been a pretty good display so far. And the score could be significantly higher if not for some amazing saves by the Finnish goalie. Dawes seems snakebitten, but has created a lot of chances. What's with Fraser and the Big Wind-Up, btw? Twice he's done that and twice he's lost the puck. Reminds of a guy on my peewee team. ha. Also, Crosby just looks phenonemal with bergeron (and without for that matter).

SergeiKost99

Mar 12, 2004
canada
even tho the score doesnt show it, i am really impressed with finlands goalie he has had to face about 30 shots and he has come up with some really nice saves...Other than the fluke goal he was playing good and then all the goals came after the fluke goal. I really liked how perry was 1v1 with the D and tryed to do a move and u could see finlands goalie read the play perfectly and made the save look easy

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Lard_Lad said:
Hallikainen, the backup. He held up reasonably well for the first period and a half or so, but he's getting shelled pretty bad.

Yeah even though it is 6-0 now it could easily be 10-0. He really has played very well. I feel bad for the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad