GDT: TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL - Ducks at Preds - 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I missed this game until the last half of the 3rd period. How bad was it?

Bad first, down 2-0. Played better in 2nd, but gave up a shorty on a bad zone entry and breakaway. Came back in 3rd with some fire, got it to 3-2, then Preds converted a 2 on 1 late. Pretty even overall, but made some mistakes that were converted.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Just catching up now on highlights.

Grant Vermette Wagner Shaw are all better than Kelly and Chimera.

Can't believe in a game like this Beach and Bieksa were dressed. My god.

Was Gibson solid?

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Still kinda annoyed that RC played both Beauch and Bieska against a team like that. Right at puck drop, you could already see a difference in their D play. A big negative difference

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Johansen was 1+1. Has Kes ever really shut him down?
Not recently, that`s for sure. Kes has an injury but still.
I'm pretty sure getzlaf was matched against him and all of the points were points off turnovers. TurtleJo was never close to dominant out there. They just capitalized on big plays that Forsberg created. TurtleJo had a tip in and then made an outlet pass to Forsberg who skated it down and made a great pass on a 2 on 1. An example of why primary assists are a lot more meaningful then secondary assists.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Bad first, down 2-0. Played better in 2nd, but gave up a shorty on a bad zone entry and breakaway. Came back in 3rd with some fire, got it to 3-2, then Preds converted a 2 on 1 late. Pretty even overall, but made some mistakes that were converted.
I'd say they outplayed us in the 1st even though we definitely had chances and we outplayed them in the 2nd but they scored a shorty. the 3rd we easily outplayed them but they were also in the prevent defense.

I may be in the minority but to play them away like that while they are so hot I thought we actually did a very good job given Bieksa and Beauch were out there. We had tons of chances all night, we just didn't capitalize like they did. We also showed a lot of effort fighting back and making it a game.

To me that is a good loss. Now we just need a rebound tonight on short rest after going all out last night.

Reactions: Dmang714

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Just catching up now on highlights.

Grant Vermette Wagner Shaw are all better than Kelly and Chimera.

Can't believe in a game like this Beach and Bieksa were dressed. My god.

Was Gibson solid?

But BM says the addition of Kelly and Chimera made them faster! Again, it doesn't matter in RC's world, they played 6 minutes or less last night. But, would have loved Wagner's physical presence and JT Browns legs in that game last night.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
But BM says the addition of Kelly and Chimera made them faster! Again, it doesn't matter in RC's world, they played 6 minutes or less last night. But, would have loved Wagner's physical presence and JT Browns legs in that game last night.
Im still trying to understand how BM thought Kelly would make us faster. Even Chimera looks slower than Wags at this point of his career. Both players offer little to zero physicality. I think the Chimera and Kelly acquisitions was BM making moves to say he made moves.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Im still trying to understand how BM thought Kelly would make us faster. Even Chimera looks slower than Wags at this point of his career. Both players offer little to zero physicality. I think the Chimera and Kelly acquisitions was BM making moves to say he made moves.

Yeah.. I don't get it. This is 1 of the worst deadlines weve ever had.... id rather just lose Kelly and chimera and let guys like Roy/Kossila/kerdlis etc get looks.... that 4th line does nothing, and brown is faster than either of these so called "fast" guys.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Kelly is behind the play, every shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad