GDT: TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL - Ducks at Preds - 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
if the ducks would've traded some of our assets to fill the holes in our team the way the preds did perhaps we would be in a similar place to where the preds are. Instead we are stuck playing Bieksa and Beauch and being pretty good forever.
But we did, we got Kelly and Chimera. All that leadership is filling the holes of leadership on this roster. Because Getz, Kes, Bieksa, Beauch, Vermette, Fowler, Cogs is not enough leadership.

f***, I'm so done with Murray trying to make the team better through the locker room instead of the ice.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Not stuck. Choosing to. Stuck means you don't have better options. I refuse to believe that.
true, I think I've seen 3 or 4 better options playing on the gulls. Not to mention those young guys would get better as they got more experience.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Maybe I’m the same but I swear even Hayward said they were together at the beginning of the game. I think he even mentioned that they hadn’t played together since real early in the year.

Maybe I’m crazy though!
I remember Hazy saying we were switching it up and going back to our old Lindholm Bieksa line which we hadn't done in a while.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Look how much better we played by taking one our of the lineup and playing a rookie instead. I agree big time Bob's biggest failing at the deadline was that.

What gets me is like ok, you're going to play those two...then play them bottom pair. You don't play them at the expense of by far your best pairing. Because then your dragging them down on two separate pairs. Then for Randy to play Bieksa on the PP over Manson who is having a career year offensively, it's just complete ignorance of what's going on
And Bieksa is horrendous handling the puck. What would make him think Bieksa would be good there? You need some puck skills to man the point.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
if the ducks would've traded some of our assets to fill the holes in our team the way the preds did perhaps we would be in a similar place to where the preds are. Instead we are stuck playing Bieksa and Beauch and being pretty good forever.

If there was an opportunity for GMBM to flip Vermette for the Filip Forsberg-esque prospect and he didn't do it, I shall curse him until the day I die.

Reactions: gilfaizon

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Well. Our senior tour lineup showed great character and leadership tonight

I’ll assume they really made a difference in the locker room since the on ice product was sad

It’s honestly funny that Randy has a job. Nights like this I feel like he’s screwing around trying to get fired so he can collect but not work next year.

He should run for public office, it’s the only other place where ineffective is so richly rewarded
Randy for Governor!!

Oct 18, 2011
Ian Cole went for a 3rd!!! He would've been a big upgrade to our bottom pair when you consider who's minutes he'd be taking.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Outcoached, outplayed, as is tradition, I seriously cannot remember a dangerous chance in the first 2 periods at all. At least Rakell hit 30 goals again.

It's amazing seeing so many teams able to implement their young players into lesser roles before building them up, while we end up just putting useless AHL level veterans in those spots instead. Kelly/Chimera/Bieksa/Beauchemin wouldn't be on any team's roster who is in the playoffs and it's pathetic they are all regulars on ours. There is absolutely no reason Anaheim shouldn't have at least 1 young player on the 4th line and 1 on the 3rd pairing for the rest of the season (assuming they have to keep 1 'veteran' on the 4th line and 3rd pair) . Enough of these shithouse veteran AHL'ers being regulars at the expense of good young players because they add 'leadership'.

BM's obsession with adding more veteran leadership at the cost of on ice performance is rather worrying. I refuse to believe that Getz/Kesler/Cogs/Perry/Fowler/Vermette (since he's still around) are such an awful leadership core that we need to be bringing in guys like Kelly, Chimera etc to add more leadership.

And can RC finally load up the freaking top 4? Just leave Petersson (or Welinski) and whichever veteran carcass that has to be next to him (because obviously 2 rookies could never handle sheltered minutes in our coaches mind) on the 3rd pairing.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Watching only highlights now, it looks like we had probblems with Preds speed.

Btw Preds played without their #1 defenceman Yosi and without their to-be-by the-seasons-end 50 point forward Fiala (yes, he has 42 already).

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Outcoached, outplayed, as is tradition, I seriously cannot remember a dangerous chance in the first 2 periods at all. At least Rakell hit 30 goals again.

It's amazing seeing so many teams able to implement their young players into lesser roles before building them up, while we end up just putting useless AHL level veterans in those spots instead. Kelly/Chimera/Bieksa/Beauchemin wouldn't be on any team's roster who is in the playoffs and it's pathetic they are all regulars on ours. There is absolutely no reason Anaheim shouldn't have at least 1 young player on the 4th line and 1 on the 3rd pairing for the rest of the season (assuming they have to keep 1 'veteran' on the 4th line and 3rd pair) . Enough of these ****house veteran AHL'ers being regulars at the expense of good young players because they add 'leadership'.

BM's obsession with adding more veteran leadership at the cost of on ice performance is rather worrying. I refuse to believe that Getz/Kesler/Cogs/Perry/Fowler/Vermette (since he's still around) are such an awful leadership core that we need to be bringing in guys like Kelly, Chimera etc to add more leadership.

And can RC finally load up the freaking top 4? Just leave Petersson (or Welinski) and whichever veteran carcass that has to be next to him (because obviously 2 rookies could never handle sheltered minutes in our coaches mind) on the 3rd pairing.

Pretty much everything in the bolded paragraph. Seriously, if Terry signs his contract and is not in the lineup every night over one of Chimera/Kelly, this place might reach a nuclear meltdown.

As far as the latter, as pretty much everyone in here before me mentioned, I can't believe they shut out the Caps on Tuesday with the top 4 having as good a showing as they had all season, and Randy goes back to the Bieksuck/Beauch pairing, against Nashville of all teams.

Reactions: mightyquack

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
LOL what a p***y Johanses was there. Started the first and turtled, the f***ing worst! Good for Kesler to keep pounding that bitch.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Listening to the preds broadcast, its no wonder pred fans hate the ducks. They literally sound like hfboard pred fans.

Their commentators just trying hard to make kesler the bad guy there, and im guessing pred fans ate it up and saw this as kesler being a dirtbag

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
Kelly is honestly no longer an NHL level player. He's not even better than Vermette. Chimeara MIGHT be able to help but you've gotten make it a speed based line. honestly Grant should have at least one guy to pass to. It's utterly moronic to handicap yourself with 4th lines and d pairs that can't play when you don't have to

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Johansen was 1+1. Has Kes ever really shut him down?
Not recently, that`s for sure. Kes has an injury but still.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
To be fair we dont generally do well vs nashville... they are a team that seems to always have us beat.

Very oppertunistic team.... they keep everything outside, their goalie doesnt leave rebounds and they seem to always score when you make a mistake

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Kesler wasn't matched v Johansen last night. Getzlaf line went head to head with Johansen line and both lines scored 2 even strength goals each.

Reactions: Boogernaut and Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->