GDT: TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL - Ducks at Preds - 5pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Rakell with a pair of goals to get 30 on the season. Not happy about the loss but was expecting it hoping we can win tomorrows game.

Ducks goals of the game.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Our defenseman are unbelievably bad at defending odd man rushes. It’s a fundamental that you take away pass, period. Make the shooter shoot so that’s all goalie worries about.
Well, it took a year and a half before we thought we should practice 3v3. Randy will probably evolve a practice plan for odd man rushes this summer, just in time for camp.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Getz's statline is a little nuts, besides the assists he had 4 shots, led the team in hits, played over 26(!) minutes and was the only Ducks to win more than 33% of his draws (he won 69%).

The stats look a lot better than he did until the 3rd. 26 minutes is wild though.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Getz's statline is a little nuts, besides the assists he had 4 shots, led the team in hits, played over 26(!) minutes and was the only Ducks to win more than 33% of his draws (he won 69%).
The craziest part is I thought he dragged his linemates down most of the game.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Yes. 4 of those 5 points are from Games 1 and 2 last year, after which Johansen went had his infamous spaz-out where he broadcasted to the world how much Kesler had gotten to him, and then he was a non-factor after that.

He only played 1 full game after that I think. Wasn't he injured in the 1st period of game 4? And he complained right after he scored 2 points on him, literally in the post-game interview of that game, right? If anything, I think it makes Johansen play better, he was certainly the better of the two tonight.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Well, it took a year and a half before we thought we should practice 3v3. Randy will probably evolve a practice plan for odd man rushes this summer, just in time for camp.
This still pisses me off. Look at all the OT losses we have, and then think if we won just half of them. We would be competing with Vegas for 1st. Ugh, fire the dinosaur already Murray; or the owners should just fire both of them, I'm fine with either at this point.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
Carlyle should re-evaluate his lineup desicions, but I don't think that will happen. Fourth line was a joke. Going with both Bieksa anc Beauchemin was also a joke. Silfverberg is so slow. And we are not a good away team.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
He only played 1 full game after that I think. Wasn't he injured in the 1st period of game 4? And he complained right after he scored 2 points on him, literally in the post-game interview of that game, right? If anything, I think it makes Johansen play better, he was certainly the better of the two tonight.

He played all of game 4 and got hurt late. He didn't really put 2 that game or 4 on him, Kesler was only out against him for 2 in those 2 games, but the main point is Johansen had 2 great games personally and instead of feeling good about it, which most people would, he was mostly frustrated with Kesler and let it affect him the next two games. So as I said, Kesler clearly owns a lot of room in his head.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I can't help but wonder where this team would be if at least one of Beauch/Bieksa wasn't on the team this year. I understand we traded Sami, but I still think that deal was necessary. It would have been nice to sign someone more competent, and I would have been very interested in Ian Cole at the deadline.

Reactions: Getzmonster
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He played all of game 4 and got hurt late. He didn't really put 2 that game or 4 on him, Kesler was only out against him for 2 in those 2 games, but the main point is Johansen had 2 great games personally and instead of feeling good about it, which most people would, he was mostly frustrated with Kesler and let it affect him the next two games. So as I said, Kesler clearly owns a lot of room in his head.
He wasn't even really that great tonight.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
The constant obsessive line matching is a hinderance during away games IMO.

Agreed. At home it's no big deal because you have last change, but you can't afford to give up the puck when you have full control just to get the matchup you want, especially when you are trailing by multiple goals. Also doesn't help that this team still doesn't understand you can't let Rinne play the puck on the dumps. FFS put it in the corners or on the glass.

Reactions: KelVarnsen

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I can't help but wonder where this team would be if at least one of Beauch/Bieksa wasn't on the team this year. I understand we traded Sami, but I still think that deal was necessary. It would have been nice to sign someone more competent, and I would have been very interested in Ian Cole at the deadline.

We didn't re-sign Beauch because Bob didn't want to pay him for the third year of that contract. He signed with the Avs for 4.5 per, yet here we are in the third year with both him and Bieksa at 5 mil per.

Each time we let Beauch go we should've just kept him.

Reactions: Pennaduck

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If a coach decides on a lineup, then has to change it 5 minutes into the game, maybe that was a poor decision in the first place?

He didn't actually change the pairs until the start of the 3rd, when he loaded up the top 4 again. Beauch took a majority of his ES shifts with Manson in the first two periods and Bieksa with Lindholm.

Oct 18, 2011
Look how much better we played by taking one our of the lineup and playing a rookie instead. I agree big time Bob's biggest failing at the deadline was that.

What gets me is like ok, you're going to play those two...then play them bottom pair. You don't play them at the expense of by far your best pairing. Because then your dragging them down on two separate pairs. Then for Randy to play Bieksa on the PP over Manson who is having a career year offensively, it's just complete ignorance of what's going on

Reactions: KelVarnsen

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
He didn't actually change the pairs until the start of the 3rd, when he loaded up the top 4 again. Beauch took a majority of his ES shifts with Manson in the first two periods and Bieksa with Lindholm.

They started together and after Bieksa got schooled for the first goal, they were split.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Maybe I didn't see correctly. Thought I saw them both on the ice together their first shift.

Maybe I’m the same but I swear even Hayward said they were together at the beginning of the game. I think he even mentioned that they hadn’t played together since real early in the year.

Maybe I’m crazy though!

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Just another loss. I'm glad Rakell got to pot a couple at least, just to make that contact look even more absurd. Crazy the price we have him for.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
if the ducks would've traded some of our assets to fill the holes in our team the way the preds did perhaps we would be in a similar place to where the preds are. Instead we are stuck playing Bieksa and Beauch and being pretty good forever.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
if the ducks would've traded some of our assets to fill the holes in our team the way the preds did perhaps we would be in a similar place to where the preds are. Instead we are stuck playing Bieksa and Beauch and being pretty good forever.

Not stuck. Choosing to. Stuck means you don't have better options. I refuse to believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->