News Article: Tomas Plekanec wants back in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'll do the puking for you, my friend. I don't like where this is going with Plekanec. Please tell me it ain't so.

puke.gif
Bergevin probably already agreed to a deal with him before he traded him to Toronto, waiting till July 1st before announcing it to keep it legal.:laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If it is a 1-year deal at 1.5 million? Yes. He will be good on the fourth line and occasional third line duties.
1.5M isn't very realistic...

Plekanec, his agent, Julien and MB all know he's going to play 16 mins a game.

How many 1.5M/yr players who play that much in the league?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
1.5M isn't very realistic...

Plekanec, his agent, Julien and MB all know he's going to play 16 mins a game.

How many 1.5M/yr players who play that much in the league?

The one’s who got paid $12 million dollars over the past two seasons to do essentially nothing but decline and disappoint. If he wants to come back to Montreal because that’s where his home is, he should be taking a hometown discount after his last contract.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
1 million and 4th line only.

4th line only likely won’t happen. If our center depth still sucks, which it likely will. he’ll unfortunately still get minutes. Coaches are a sucker for players like Plekanec who are responsible defensively. As far as contract, it should be on our terms now. We don’t owe him anything. It sounds like he wants to come back as much as Bergevin wants him back, he can leave if he isn’t going to sign for cheap.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
League minimum on a one-way contract, but a mentor role in Laval! It's close enough to MON, no? ;)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Would people be cool with this: Plekanec 3 years @ 1-1.25M. You let him get to his 1000th game in Habs uniform and then you send him for the rest of his career in the AHL so he can mentor Evans, Vejdemo, Poehling, etc.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Would people be cool with this: Plekanec 3 years @ 1-1.25M. You let him get to his 1000th game in Habs uniform and then you send him for the rest of his career in the AHL so he can mentor Evans, Vejdemo, Poehling, etc.

Sounds quite disrespectful to be honest, are you Bergevin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad