News Article: Tomas Plekanec wants back in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
This is about as shocking as the sun rising in the morning..

Bergevin is trying to scratch and claw his way into the play-off conversation to save his job.

Hope you all like bad trades and moving draft picks for bad players. Don't get too excited over those 4 2nd round picks.

Even if we keep them, people shouldn't get excited. More than likely 2 of those picks won't become anything.

2nd round picks since Bergevin has taken over.

Sebastian Collberg
Dalton Thrower
Jacob De La Rose
Zach Fucale
Arturri Lehkonen
Josh Brook
Joni Ikonen

They can't draft in the 2nd anyways.

Including this up coming draft, this team has only had a 2nd round pick in 5 of the 10 drafts. However, we have a total of 12 2nd rounders(at this point)

Plekanec coming back as a depth player isn't the worst. It also seemed like that was always the plan considering the team be went to, only had 17 games left, or whatever that stopped his total games played at 999. The only team that that could have happened with.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
1- year = no brainer
2-year = only if the cap hit is uber low & clarity of roles/esponsibility

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Say no to Plekanec. The ship has sailed.
I read this today on TSN mobile, he is already lobbying to come back because no other team in the league will pay for his services like Bergevin will. He will come back and Clode will have him up to 15 minutes a night and he will block younger players from getting valuable ice time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Could be just being polite......we all know Bergevin likes to lie, so let's stay consistent fellow posters.

The only way I'm good with this is if it's 1yr for less than 1.5m$......then trade him at the trade deadline for another 2nd rounder lol

Only want him if it's another tank year. And we get a parting gift for him at the TDL. Thazzzit. Otherwise, we're done.

Of course, we all know how much Julien loves him and therein lies the problem. Plekanec will suck away TOI that could go to a younger player who needs the minutes.

Now, you're going to say who is that younger player cause we don't have much at center. Let's revisit this after the free agent non-frenzy.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Only want him if it's another tank year. And we get a parting gift for him at the TDL. Thazzzit. Otherwise, we're done.

Of course, we all know how much Julien loves him and therein lies the problem. Plekanec will suck away TOI that could go to a younger player who needs the minutes.

Now, you're going to say who is that younger player cause we don't have much at center. Let's revisit this after the free agent non-frenzy.
That's the scary part.......it's the Therrien/Desharnais love affair Part Deux :laugh:

At least DD gave us SOME offence......Plekanec's offence is roaming the Sahara desert on a blind one legged camel

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Plekanec is so coming back and going to be this team's #1 center. I am truly laughing here. :laugh:
When Bergevin strikes out with other free agent targets like you know he will, Pleks will be back and assume his role just like last year. I can just hear Bergevin talking about how Mike Babcock referred to Pleks as a gud pro and that is a team Canada gold medal Stanley cup winner talking dere! I just want to puke, things will change they say, Ducharme and Bouchard are fresh faces and change will be abundant! Good old Marc is still in control and lets not forget it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
When Bergevin strikes out with other free agent targets like you know he will, Pleks will be back and assume his role just like last year. I can just hear Bergevin talking about how Mike Babcock referred to Pleks as a gud pro and that is a team Canada gold medal Stanley cup winner talking dere! I just want to puke, things will change they say, Ducharme and Bouchard are fresh faces and change will be abundant! Good old Marc is still in control and lets not forget it.

I'll do the puking for you, my friend. I don't like where this is going with Plekanec. Please tell me it ain't so.

puke.gif

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
1 year deal for 4th line duty
If it's not the case, then it's time to move on....
Bergevin has bigger fish to fry this off season, and he better get it done!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
1 year deal for 4th line duty
If it's not the case, then it's time to move on....
Bergevin has bigger fish to fry this off season, and he better get it done!

You already have a track record between Julien and Pleks.

Seriously, how likely is it that Pleks won't be used the same as he was, while he was a Hab under Julien? It doesn't add up to expect anything different IMHO.

No matter the salary paid or the contractual terms, Julien has a predisposition for the player -- sign him and the inevitable misguided deployment of the player occurs.

Reactions: dralaf and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

DLR, McCarron, Evans...they could all use a real opportunity to gain experience playing 4th line C.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
DLR, McCarron, Evans...they could all use a real opportunity to gain experience playing 4th line C.

So much this. We need a culture change. This is where having Gerard Gallant as a coach would have meant a fair shot at these players and especially the coach's indulgence when they'll make the inevitable mistakes.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
You already have a track record between Julien and Pleks.

Seriously, how likely is it that Pleks won't be used the same as he was, while he was a Hab under Julien? It doesn't add up to expect anything different IMHO.

No matter the salary paid or the contractual terms, Julien has a predisposition for the player -- sign him and the inevitable misguided deployment of the player occurs.

If Bergevin goes out and does his job properly this summer, than it will be possible
That's the problem though, can he find 2 better centers this summer while having Danault slotted at #3
If he can, than we should be in great shape and I do believe Julien will limit his minutes, well if he wants to win!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I like the idea of honouring Plekanec by signing him to a contract that allows him to retire as a Hab. He's been a true professional who had himself a very nice career in Montreal.

I don't like the idea of giving him icetime.

Why do people keep saying this tho?, the man is a total asshole, snarky, sarcastic, always gave pk a crappy time and the worst complimentary center i have ever seen. ive never seen a center make his linemates WORSE

for the love of god, let the man go.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Could be just being polite......we all know Bergevin likes to lie, so let's stay consistent fellow posters.

The only way I'm good with this is if it's 1yr for less than 1.5m$......then trade him at the trade deadline for another 2nd rounder lol

We do?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Even if we keep them, people shouldn't get excited. More than likely 2 of those picks won't become anything.

2nd round picks since Bergevin has taken over.

Sebastian Collberg
Dalton Thrower
Jacob De La Rose
Zach Fucale
Arturri Lehkonen
Josh Brook
Joni Ikonen

They can't draft in the 2nd anyways.

Including this up coming draft, this team has only had a 2nd round pick in 5 of the 10 drafts. However, we have a total of 12 2nd rounders(at this point)

Plekanec coming back as a depth player isn't the worst. It also seemed like that was always the plan considering the team be went to, only had 17 games left, or whatever that stopped his total games played at 999. The only team that that could have happened with.

That's one NHLer and one tweener out of 7. Two out of the 7 were drafted last season, we have no idea if they have an NHL future.

Considering only around 35% of 2nd rounders play 100 games in the NHL, and Montreal under Bergevin is at around 28.5% (with two guys still in their teens), Montreal probably isn't terrible there.

And even if Montreal's drafting sucks (and I could buy that argument), so much of drafting is luck that it can't hurt to get more picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->