Tomas Jurco?

patekilla

Jun 24, 2012
Florida
Im just wondering what you guys on HF think about him half way through his first pro season with the griffins, currently he has 8pts in 27 games.

Im slightly dissapointed i was expecting more but im not sure how much TOI hes recieving or who his line mates are.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I believe he started off on the third line and got promoted to the second a month or so ago.

He's simply not being relied upon for offense. He sometimes plays on the second PP unit. I have no doubt if he was on the first line with Nyquist and Tatar he'd have more points. Probably better he spend this year learning the ropes and getting stronger. He's also only 20.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Its his first year in the AHL and he's VERY YOUNG.. give the kid some time to adjust to everything. He was playing in the "Q", where the style, game play and everything is different. His travel is longer and harder as is the talent. I think he's done just fine.

RedWingsNow*

He shows flashes with the hands and can peel away from the boards with the puck and make nice plays. But it's way early in his development.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
If I'm not mistaken, Tatar did not have a stellar performance in his first year, either... Give it some time. Wait till next year. Let him develop and get more responsibilities.

patekilla

Jun 24, 2012
Florida
Yeah I kinda forgot how young he actually is. so what do you guys project him to become in the future top line guy or 2nd - 3rd line guy? I think its too early to tell but i do think he has a high ceiling.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If I'm not mistaken, Tatar did not have a stellar performance in his first year, either... Give it some time. Wait till next year. Let him develop and get more responsibilities.

In 58 games he had 32 points and he hit a wall in the second half. He was more impressive. I don't think Jurco has looked terrible but he still doesn't look very comfortable at this level. Looking forward to seeing him in person next weekend, you can see a little bit more when you're doing that.

Reactions: TheMule93

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
1-2 more years depending on his developing (more like 2 right now). He might play 10-15 games during the 13-14 season, but he has a long way to go to be a full-time NHL'er

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's probably a 3 year guy. The first year just to realize what the AHL is about, the second year to get some production going, and the third year to really show what he's got.

This.

I wonder what happens if/when the NHL starts. Nyquist will go up, who will be promoted to the 1st line?

Jurco or Pare from 2nd line wing, or Ferraro from 3rd?

Andersson and Sheahan are quite locked as 1-2 center punch.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
In 58 games he had 32 points and he hit a wall in the second half. He was more impressive. I don't think Jurco has looked terrible but he still doesn't look very comfortable at this level. Looking forward to seeing him in person next weekend, you can see a little bit more when you're doing that.

I think it should be pointed out that Tatar had a full season playing against men (including several games for Slovakia in international tournaments) before he came to the AHL, so it was a bit of a different situation than with Jurčo, who´s having his first contact with men´s hockey in the AHL.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think it should be pointed out that Tatar had a full season playing against men (including several games for Slovakia in international tournaments) before he came to the AHL, so it was a bit of a different situation than with Jurčo, who´s having his first contact with men´s hockey in the AHL.

Should the Jurco's name be spelled like "Jurt-zo" as I've heard? Too bad american broadcasters use "Jrr-ko" -version, that is pretty much wrong?

What impresses me in Tatar, he hasn't ever been injured during his four years in AHL. Besides AHL, he has been playing everywhere, NHL, WJC, WHC, started this season at Piestany. His only missed AHL games are because of NHL or WJC.

What I keep also as meaningful role at Tatar, he will be very important tutor for Jurco as an experienced Griffin. What Jurco learns this year, he can tutor Tvrdon at next year, when Tatar jumps to NHL. The knowledge flows on and on. This slovakian connection is very important for those guys, imo. It just eases the jump in for every guy.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Should the Jurco's name be spelled like "Jurt-zo" as I've heard? Too bad american broadcasters use "Jrr-ko" -version, that is pretty much wrong?

What impresses me in Tatar, he hasn't ever been injured during his four years in AHL. Besides AHL, he has been playing everywhere, NHL, WJC, WHC, started this season at Piestany. His only missed AHL games are because of NHL or WJC.

What I keep also as meaningful role at Tatar, he will be very important tutor for Jurco as an experienced Griffin. What Jurco learns this year, he can tutor Tvrdon at next year, when Tatar jumps to NHL. The knowledge flows on and on. This slovakian connection is very important for those guys, imo. It just eases the jump in for every guy.

There´s the letter č in his name, which is pronounced somewhat like ch or tch at the beginning of a word in English.
I´m not quite sure how to explain this in written way, so video here (around 00:26)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->