Tom Gilbert ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
I don't personally know anything about him that I didn't learn on the Badgers' website. However, if the Avalanche organization thought he had a future, I doubt they'd have let him go for a low draft pick and a few weeks of having Tommy Salo sitting on the bench. I think that decision shows how they felt about Tom Gilbert, and their read is probably better than most.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I've never seen the guy, but I've heard he's a big defenceman that can be a PP QB. Not 100% sure about the PP QB, but I know for a fact he's a big guy

LoweDown

Jul 16, 2003
Visit site
Ya I heard he could become a future PP QB for the oilers... Which we somewhat still need despite Bergeron's emergence...

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Oilers All the Way! said:
Ya I heard he could become a future PP QB for the oilers... Which we somewhat still need despite Bergeron's emergence...

No chance. He can barely run a PP in college. He'll no better than a career minor leaguer who might get a quick cup of coffee in the NHL.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
PuckFan01 said:
No chance. He can barely run a PP in college. He'll no better than a career minor leaguer who might get a quick cup of coffee in the NHL.

So you can predict the future then? There are countless players who weren't much at the junior and college level but went on to have very solid careers. Some players just aren't cut out for amateur hockey but are instead best suited playing pro. Why don't you give Gilbert a few pro seasons before making such a statement.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Kritty said:
So you can predict the future then? There are countless players who weren't much at the junior and college level but went on to have very solid careers.

There are thousands more who weren't much at the junior and college level who went on to be nothing.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Kritty said:
Why don't you give Gilbert a few pro seasons before making such a statement.

Probably because I have watched him for at least five years and I know what he can and cannot do very well. I have seen guys way better than him end up as career minor league players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad