Tom Gilbert..will he be an NHLer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavliary2000

Nov 22, 2004
Rated a 6C..but has a positive profile.

Maybe staying in NCAA hurt his exposure

Is he a potential steal
2002 NHL Draft, 4th round (129th overall)

Can he be an NHL regular...Top 4? 5/6th..Reserve.....what will it be?

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
He's supposed to be a potential PPQB for the Oilers in the future, but he's still far away from being a regular in the NHL. I'd say 4 years until we know for sure.

dawgbone

Jun 24, 2002
Kavliary2000 said:
Rated a 6C..but has a positive profile.

Maybe staying in NCAA hurt his exposure

Is he a potential steal
2002 NHL Draft, 4th round (129th overall)

Can he be an NHL regular...Top 4? 5/6th..Reserve.....what will it be?

It would be awesome if he did... he's supposed to have a pretty strong offensive game, and Oilers Chick (NCAA writer) has had more positive than negative things to say about him, but you never know.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Oiltalk said:
He's supposed to be a potential PPQB for the Oilers in the future, but he's still far away from being a regular in the NHL. I'd say 4 years until we know for sure.

I don't see him being good enough. He has size but he isn't real tough or physical. He is a converted forward from high school yet he hasn't been outstanding by any means in running a PP or providing a lo of offense in college. I doubt he'll be a regular in the NHL in the future.

X-SHARKIE

I live in Wisconsin and see Gilbert a bit, and he just seems to get less and less impressive...He was a good pick for a fourth rounder in a draft like 2004, and I don't think he was a bad pick.. it's just he hasn't developed!!

He can't run a PP at the next level, and he's not going to be a solid sturdy defenseman that you can use as a sixth defenseman or so to give your best defenseman a break.

I don't see much of an NHL future out him. He just hasn't been what I expected of him at this point. He hasn't come along in his developement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad