Told you so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
yet.. slow as molasses.

wilson is stuck in an old NHL he festishizes in his good old days mind.

isn't silicon valley supposed to be innovative?

guess silicon valley is old time now. shows in its politics too

Lol...if Hertl is slow then why does he get so many breakaways? In fact, I don't think any Sharks players gets more breakaways than him. Seriously? Do you even watch Sharks hockey?

Reactions: Phu

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
yet.. slow as molasses.

wilson is stuck in an old NHL he festishizes in his good old days mind.

isn't silicon valley supposed to be innovative?

guess silicon valley is old time now. shows in its politics too
He's not slow though...

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
stop with the slow perimeter game.

stop the pass to the point and shoot/deflect goals based off luck or good timing which was only implemented because other teams kept doing that against the sharks years ago so wilson was like, hmmm let's do that!

try learning based off how the knights beat you. or the oilers the year before. they won because of SPEED.

not slow physical players. speed speed speed get that through your heads. young, FAST. that's hockey. not slow boring permiter dump chase crap.

transition game. we love 2 on 1's! 3 on 1's! SPEED! TRANSITION GAME! those are actually fun to watch and are actually WORKING!

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
dumb as f*** post
literally impossible to do if you have an established team
you cannot just wish away your contracts
vegas didn't have a choice, but also had the complete freedom to play exactly what was working
and let's not pretend vegas has not had a HEALTHY helping of luck so far.

also not everyone who has apparent speed/skating will end up translating at the NHL level. Mueller IIRC is the best rated skater we have drafted in the 1st forever, yet hertl and meier both are far better players than him today.

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
He's not slow though...
LOL. okay dude. the sky is apparently not blue in your world. how can people educate you if you refuse to be humble and admit you're wrong on fundamentals?

hint, you can't. lose the ego. or accept these playoff exits.

the regular season means nothing. you need ENERGY and SPEED in the playoffs.

stop the perimeter energy wasting game in the reg season that has all the old timers beat tired in the playoffs.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
It helps when the league helps you out every step of the way, and I'm not just taking about the expansion draft. Whenever there was a questionable call during the season, it always seemed to go the Knight's way. And then there was the Doughty suspension and the player safety not holding the Knights responsible for their dirty play (see Haula, Carrier, and Merrill). The league has a strong incentive to make sure the Knights are successful to build a solid fanbase before the Raiders move there. They are good enough to make the playoffs and even beat the Kings, Vegas has better depth (I doubt it would have been a sweep without the league's meddling).

I'm also frustrated about how bad DeBoer's line up decisions were that series. Playing Martin over Ryan for as long as he did, playing Goodrow as a 3C for a game, and playing Kane when he was too injured to be effective immediately come to mind.

Reactions: Hinterland and Phu

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
dumb as **** post
literally impossible to do if you have an established team
you cannot just wish away your contracts
vegas didn't have a choice, but also had the complete freedom to play exactly what was working
and let's not pretend vegas has not had a HEALTHY helping of luck so far.

lol, "i could've freed a thousand more slaves if only they knew they were slaves." harriett tubman

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

stop the pass to the point and shoot/deflect goals based off luck or good timing which was only implemented because other teams kept doing that against the sharks years ago so wilson was like, hmmm let's do that!

try learning based off how the knights beat you. or the oilers the year before. they won because of SPEED.

not slow physical players. speed speed speed get that through your heads. young, FAST. that's hockey. not slow boring permiter dump chase crap.

transition game. we love 2 on 1's! 3 on 1's! SPEED! TRANSITION GAME! those are actually fun to watch and are actually WORKING!

The Oilers were full of slow physical players.

How is Hertl a problem, because of Vegas, when he was clearly the best skater for either team in that series?

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
It helps when the league helps you out every step of the way, and I'm not just taking about the expansion draft. Whenever there was a questionable call during the season, it always seemed to go the Knight's way. And then there was the Doughty suspension and the player safety not holding the Knights responsible for their dirty play (see Haula, Carrier, and Merrill). The league has a strong incentive to make sure the Knights are successful to build a solid fanbase before the Raiders move there. They are good enough to make the playoffs and even beat the Kings, Vegas has better depth (I doubt it would have been a sweep without the league's meddling).

I'm also frustrated about how bad DeBoer's line up decisions were that series. Playing Martin over Ryan for as long as he did, playing Goodrow as a 3C for a game, and playing Kane when he was too injured to be effective immediately come to mind.
ok so there's some intelligence i can get behind even tho i didn't watch enough to see if NHL was favoring the expansion team. but i do know for a fact that the reffing is atrocious and either based off a horrible system or is literally A CONSPIRACY FACT that the NHL is CONSPIRING ooooooooooo. because they can't pay the refs off right? come on guys. grow up. it happens everyday everywhere and you think sports is somehow immune. grow up and stop acting like children.

but again, didn't watch enough to see anything like this. but i have seen it in the past where games were not called fairly, like nashville/LA/anaheim and how dirty they are and how they didn't call enough on these teams during past years. remember vlasic getting back checked by the kings and being out the rest of the series? yet we lost torres? give me a break people.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

You got this terribly wrong, too. DeBoer's system is great and Wilson does well to draft and sign accordingly. The problems are DeBoer's lineup decision and his on ice coaching. He's terribly bad at it. He dresses the wrong players, plays favourites, hardly ever gets the matchups right and his lines and ice time distribution make zero sense.

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
alright guys i just visit every once in a blue moon hoping some ppl here will wake up but i must go now. sorry i'm not a follower. and am not afraid to speak my mind. that should be encouraged, you know.

and i'm not trolling. i just don't devote my energy to a team that wants to fail based off its GM stupid decisions and its fans actively neglecting to see the truth.

i've said my peace. justify your things all you want. but the basic things i said need to be addresses or the team can continue to wither away.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
LOL. okay dude. the sky is apparently not blue in your world. how can people educate you if you refuse to be humble and admit you're wrong on fundamentals?

hint, you can't. lose the ego. or accept these playoff exits.

the regular season means nothing. you need ENERGY and SPEED in the playoffs.

stop the perimeter energy wasting game in the reg season that has all the old timers beat tired in the playoffs.

How ironic.

This thread is pointless and unnecessary. We have multiple other threads for discussing exactly the same thing. Ones that aren't dripping in an off-putting and unnecessary attitude that kills almost all chance for reasonable discussion before it even begins.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->