Told you so

Status
Not open for further replies.

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
Hey yall, remember I said a year or so ago to kick out all the old slow players like Ward/Pavs/Martin/Thornton and replace them with our fast young AHL'ers Sorensen/Carpenter/Heed/Ryan/etc and play a fast game? Guess the Knights took my advice. I also advocated for Rantanen/Barzal over Meier. Big and strong and heavy teams = slow and boring and tendency to get injured. Try listening to this armchair GM next time. Dont need to get paid millions to do this basic job.

If an AHL team winning the Cup doesn't make you and Wilson see that I am right, then... you don't deserve anything more from me.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Sorensen played; Ward and Thornton did not.

I liked Carpenter, but he would have had zero impact on the series.

Playing Ryan and Heed from the start would have helped, but I'm not sure the difference is enough to even win the Sharks an extra game.

Who would you have replaced Pavelski with? Keep in mind that speed is not the end-all-be-all...Pavelski brings much to the table that is quite valuable. Ideally, you want a Pavelski with speed.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Playing Ryan and Heed from the start would have helped, but I'm not sure the difference is enough to even win the Sharks an extra game.

Who would you have replaced Pavelski with? Keep in mind that speed is not the end-all-be-all...Pavelski brings much to the table that is quite valuable. Ideally, you want a Pavelski with speed.
I would've played Barzal over Pavelski honestly.

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018

lol 4th line duties doesn't count. guy deserves minimum 3rd line duties and probably even more with the way other guys played

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018

tell me please who on the knights is a fast pavelski? you don't need anyone slow. the knights have shown you just need a bunch of fast players with skill to win. love pavelski but his time was up many years ago, dont' care how many points he and thornton put up. this is a team game, and fast and skilled wins games as the AHL team the Knights are showing. it was clear as day to me years ago this recipe won games. but hey, keep defending your points, they didn't get you to the cup like this new expansion AHL team did. my results speak for themselves.

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
for the record, i also advocated for kicking out tierney, (fehr if he was playing that long ago), and demelo too.

heed/ryan should've easily been playing.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
oh because my past posting history matters, right? this is why things like bitcoin are exploding without any history. because your old archaic systems are BROKEN and OBSOLETE.
Come on man, I just wanna know what you think we should do next year. Why you gotta go off on a tangent.

Reactions: EmergencyExit

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I see right through you Joe Will, you're just salty that Doug wasn't fired with you being promoted to GM. I understand. But there's no need to start a thread here on hfsharks

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hey yall, remember I said a year or so ago to kick out all the old slow players like Ward/Pavs/Martin/Thornton and replace them with our fast young AHL'ers Sorensen/Carpenter/Heed/Ryan/etc and play a fast game? Guess the Knights took my advice. I also advocated for Rantanen/Barzal over Meier. Big and strong and heavy teams = slow and boring and tendency to get injured. Try listening to this armchair GM next time. Dont need to get paid millions to do this basic job.

If an AHL team winning the Cup doesn't make you and Wilson see that I am right, then... you don't deserve anything more from me.

You're well aware that Meier is one of the league's top possession players and that Carpenter is painfully slow? I agree that Sharks shouldn't have waived Carpenter but if that guy is fast then Pavelski should consider a 2nd career as a speed skater when he's done with hockey. But yeah. Of course you're a genius. You're the man:sarcasm:

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
Come on man, I just wanna know what you think we should do next year. Why you gotta go off on a tangent.

at this point, Wilson has blown it. just build around speed. it's not rocket science. love hertl but eh trade the guy, too slow. not built for a team based system based on speed. trade couture for another speedy guy who has similar level skill if you can. lose pavs. jones is awesome. only thing wilson has done right in a while. lose tierney, lose demelo, maybe even dillon if you can get a decent speedy equivalent as dillon is still somewhat useful and a good skater.

get guys that can SKATE WELL. look at hertl and pavs and how they skate. they skate worse than me!!!

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
You're well aware that Meier is one of the league's top possession players and that Carpenter is painfully slow? I agree that Sharks shouldn't have waived Carpenter but if that guy is fast then Pavelski should consider a 2nd career as a speed skater when he's done with hockey. But yeah. Of course you're a genius. You're the man:sarcasm:

lol carpy is not slow. guy was always busting a forechecking. but hey that was back then. dont care about meier, guy is slow too. lose him.

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
It’s literally the truth and what does that post have to do with being a Sharks fan? Fleury made the big saves, Hellebuyck and Jones did not.

lol fleury is not that good. come on.... guy got outplayed by another young fast AHL'er. ... please wake up. i actually like(d) the sharks.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
at this point, Wilson has blown it. just build around speed. it's not rocket science. love hertl but eh trade the guy, too slow. not built for a team based system based on speed. trade couture for another speedy guy who has similar level skill if you can. lose pavs. jones is awesome. only thing wilson has done right in a while. lose tierney, lose demelo, maybe even dillon if you can get a decent speedy equivalent as dillon is still somewhat useful and a good skater.

get guys that can SKATE WELL. look at hertl and pavs and how they skate. they skate worse than me!!!
look, i disliked hertl as much as the next guy but he's a good skater now.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
lol carpy is not slow. guy was always busting a forechecking. but hey that was back then. dont care about meier, guy is slow too. lose him.

So you're seriously suggesting that Carpenter is faster than Meier?:sarcasm:

svnfyre

Feb 13, 2018
look, i disliked hertl as much as the next guy but he's a good skater now.

yet.. slow as molasses.

wilson is stuck in an old NHL he festishizes in his good old days mind.

isn't silicon valley supposed to be innovative?

guess silicon valley is old time now. shows in its politics too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad