Toews Vs Kessel

bigdeal44

Dec 11, 2005
After watching Toews in the ncaa, I dont see how he is considered ahead of Kessel????????? What do the people that see him every game think that he does better than Kessel???????? Kessel has better skating, better shot, and better offensive instincts.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
What they are doing now does not mean as much as what kind of pros they project as. That said, I like Kessel more as well and hope that the Pens take him if they have the chance.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Having watched lots of NCAA all my life. A guy like Toews is only going to get better. He has the smarts. He learns what he did wrong works on it and does not repeat it. Makes smart plays all the time. I never saw Toews do something that makes you go huh. So i see him doing something simular to what Staal did in the NHL. Stay cool learn the game then exploit it. Same thing i expect out of Parise next year. He needed a year to figure out what to do. I would really weigh in on Toews, as he was the youngest player in d1 hockey, next year. on some nights he was playing against guys up to 7 years older than him. Keeping in mind those guys also would be in their 4th NCAA season and probally have spent 2-4 in the USHL as well. I do not know if any of you saw WI in the frozen four. But Ross Carlson is one of those guys. In his third year at WI having played 4 ushl seasons. Born Feb 82. Should be back next year.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Nice to see that a Gophers fan can see the value of Toews without any homerism. I tend to find that many Sioux fans underestimate Kessel just because they hate the Gophers. I am a die-hard Sioux fan, and I realize that Kessel is a dynamite player. Unbelievable speed, hands, shot. Underrated passing ability also. Made those on his line better. The only negative I have about him is that he tended to disappear in big games towards the end of the season(but I didn't see a ton of Gopher games so I may be wrong.) I still think Erik Johnson should be the first overall pick, followed by either Kessel or Toews, whichever that certain team needs.

KH1

I like Toews a lot. He's gonna be a top 6 center, no doubt about it. But I don't ultimately see him being more than a 60 or 70 point player. Kessel could be a 100 point guy.

There's a reason that both are gonna be top 5 picks, but Kessel should be the #2 (if not the #1.)

Transported Upstater

MN_Gopher said:
Having watched lots of NCAA all my life. A guy like Toews is only going to get better. He has the smarts. He learns what he did wrong works on it and does not repeat it. Makes smart plays all the time. I never saw Toews do something that makes you go huh. So i see him doing something simular to what Staal did in the NHL. Stay cool learn the game then exploit it. Same thing i expect out of Parise next year. He needed a year to figure out what to do. I would really weigh in on Toews, as he was the youngest player in d1 hockey, next year. on some nights he was playing against guys up to 7 years older than him. Keeping in mind those guys also would be in their 4th NCAA season and probally have spent 2-4 in the USHL as well. I do not know if any of you saw WI in the frozen four. But Ross Carlson is one of those guys. In his third year at WI having played 4 ushl seasons. Born Feb 82. Should be back next year.

Holy crap. February '82?!?!?!? Talk about getting a late start on your NCAA career...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->