Toews vs Frolik

kappa44

Jul 26, 2006
Based on only POINT POTENTIAL who will be better in future. I know Toews is a safer pick and that Frolik is a boom/bust guy but Id rather hear some more opinions.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Thats a tough one... Towes is the safer better all around player but Frolik COULD Become a boom player

I still think Towes will have more points, its tough thou

Transported Upstater

Toews, easily.

Frolik would have gone alot higher than he did, if he had more offensive potential.

What?

Offensive potential was the only reason Frolik went as high as he did in the first place.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Its not all about point production. Teows can turn out to be the top all-around player in the draft. You rarely find players that have a solid all around game. He's a captain in making and a damn good one IMO.

Teows by a mile.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Point potential, it is Frolik and i don't see how it is even an arguement. Toews is much more likely to reach his potential, and he will most likely be the better player though.
Frolik played in a mans league, again i'll use the comparison of Olesz. Stock falls because he is playing against much harder opposition. The time to judge Frolik will be after this year in the Q, if he doesn't light it up then i'd be worried.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Toews' offensive abilities are so underrated here it is ridiculous. If they both top out, Toews still outscores Frolik handily. He's got a scorer's touch, elite hands and good creativity. People think he's just a 'safe' well rounded guy and totally ignore how much offensive talent he has. If he tops out, he'll be similar offensively to Eric Staal. He has all those tools that Staal showed last year. That's way higher than Frolik's potential.

Toews easily, not even remotely close in my mind.

Helmethead

Jun 2, 2002
Port Cockerton
Visit site
Toews' offensive abilities are so underrated here it is ridiculous. If they both top out, Toews still outscores Frolik handily. He's got a scorer's touch, elite hands and good creativity. People think he's just a 'safe' well rounded guy and totally ignore how much offensive talent he has. If he tops out, he'll be similar offensively to Eric Staal. He has all those tools that Staal showed last year. That's way higher than Frolik's potential.

i agree with you 100 percent i have been watching toews for quite some time and this kid could score 100 pts in his prime and he probably will.but i am from winnipeg so some might see me as biased.i hate the linden comparison.staal is more like it.

kappa44

Jul 26, 2006
Thanks for the opinions guys, its exactly what I needed to here. I chose him this week in a keeper pool and was thinking I might have made a mistake taking Toews over Frolik but I feel more confident about my pick now. I chose him right away based on the fact that he can be the next Joe Sakic.

nags

Sep 27, 2006

Agreed. Toews has huge offensive skills that aren't highlighted because he is responsible at both ends of the ice. The fact that he knows how to play on the defensive side of the puck, like most good centerman, should not take away from his incredible offensive abilities. The guy can pick a corner like nobody I have ever seen and I would suspect that a lot of his teammates on Team Canada would agree including Jordan Staal who played against him for several years in the Manitoba AAA leagues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad