Toews passes Frolik as Number 1 contender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Jason MacIsaac said:
Sheppard is jumping back into the top 6 race, he has been dominant in the last few games and now has 20 points in 18 games after a slow start. 40 hits in those games.
If Sheppard doesn't go in the top 6 i'll **** my pants. He is going to be amazing in a few years. I can't believe he's only 17. IMO he'll be a elite NHL player.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seachd said:
No, "taves" like "saves". German, by the looks of it.

still does w = 2 v's? I know it does in German, but this isn't Germany :p:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
go kim johnsson 514 said:
still does w = 2 v's? I know it does in German, but this isn't Germany :p:

Manitoba has a very significant German population. Toews, Friesen, Froese, all very common names. Toews rhymes with caves. It just does, I'm just trying to educate you people.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
VOB said:
What is interesting to me is that there will perhaps be a little bit of mystery in the 06 draft. In 04 and 05 there were no players who ever came close to unseating the undisputed number one pick. The 06 draft has many question marks and that is a good thing as it will provide plenty of excitement all the way to June.

I still would rank Kessel as number one but no longer the undisputed king of the draft. He has not performed at that type level yet to clearly distance himself from the other contenders.

I think Mueller, Toews, and Johnson all have a decent shot at unseating Kessel.

cstu

May 6, 2004
Bob McKenzie article said:
In a random survey of five NHL scouts by TSN, two indicated that if the Entry Draft were held today, they would take Toews ahead of Kessel.

Doesn't look like it's just the Canadian media that think so highly of Toews. Bobby Mac has continually proven himself to be unbiased and impartial when it comes to his reporting, and anyone who thinks he is just hyping the kid because he's from Canada is just plain ignorant.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cds said:
Doesn't look like it's just the Canadian media that think so highly of Toews. Bobby Mac has continually proven himself to be unbiased and impartial when it comes to his reporting, and anyone who thinks he is just hyping the kid because he's from Canada is just plain ignorant.

I agree. I've found Bob McKenzie to be as objective as they come (except when it comes to Andrew Cogliano.........) Just kidding! Seriously, Toews deserves his props, he's made a splash as a freshman on a good North Dakota squad and will be a likely top five selection in the draft. I still don't see him supplanting Kessel, mainly because Kessel is a better pure talent and is more of a "gamebreaker" than Toews, who while no slouch offensively, is more sublime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->