Toews Almost Sent To Jail.....

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Hey Guys,

THis is from the Grandforks Herald...they originally reported that he was going to spend 10 days in jail for the underage drinking.

--------

Correction: An earlier online version of this story reported that Jonathan Toews would spend 10 days in jail. Toews' sentence was suspended, so he will not serve the jail time.

Two underage UND hockey players charged after being caught at a Grand Forks bar changed their pleas from not guilty to guilty Friday as part of a plea agreement.

Jonathan Toews, 18, and T.J. Oshie, 20, pleaded guilty to "minor not allowed on liquor premises," a Class B misdemeanor, Friday morning in Grand Forks District Court.

dkdex

Apr 2, 2007
mo,via waukegan ill,
Hey Guys,

THis is from the Grandforks Herald...they originally reported that he was going to spend 10 days in jail for the underage drinking.

--------

Correction: An earlier online version of this story reported that Jonathan Toews would spend 10 days in jail. Toews' if thats the worst hes been caught doin what do ya want someone from the christiqan hockey association,let the young guy party at least we know hes realsentence was suspended, so he will not serve the jail time.

Two underage UND hockey players charged after being caught at a Grand Forks bar changed their pleas from not guilty to guilty Friday as part of a plea agreement.

Jonathan Toews, 18, and T.J. Oshie, 20, pleaded guilty to "minor not allowed on liquor premises," a Class B misdemeanor, Friday morning in Grand Forks District Court.
wow let the young man party:yo:

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
Definitely. Underage drinking isnt such a big deal, especially since theyre 18 and 19/20 years old. I partied when I was in grade ten, and I was 16. Big deal. Im 19 and Im still underage in U.S. :biglaugh:

dkdex

Apr 2, 2007
mo,via waukegan ill,
back in the 80s they didnt have photos on license ids we would show to the doorman and hand back to next guy in line wow a long time ago blood boarders wisc,to ill:naughty:ps if you had a stash never got carded at the stadium at least i never did even at 16

kostitsyn1489

Jun 18, 2006
Louiseville, Quebec
Here in Quebec you can buy alcohol legally at 18. Some guys from Ontario near Ottawa just cross the boarder to get beer then go back in Ontario where they cant buy Beer till 19 I think...

That's hell of a rule...

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
So... 18 year olds can serve in the military, vote in elections, purchase firearms, serve as legal guardians for minors, adopt children and get married, but if they step into a bar, they might go to jail for 10 days... gotta love the US...

dkdex

Apr 2, 2007
mo,via waukegan ill,
same thing from illinoise 21 wisconsin 18 they called it a blood border kids die in accedents,but in reality was no difference just hype for mmad,ddam,drunk drivers against mothers haha:biglaugh:

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
You can walk around the USA with a gun, but you drink underage and you spend 10 days in jail?

wow.

dkdex

Apr 2, 2007
mo,via waukegan ill,
dude im here to say 25 years and counting!i had 2 duis in 1982,then 1 driving without a license 1984,to this day im without a license,a 5 year revocation is now a 25 yr and counting dont chance it its not worth it!:help:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
You can walk around the USA with a gun, but you drink underage and you spend 10 days in jail?

wow.

You don't get sentenced to jail time for underage drinking. I had friends with as many a six or seven underage drinking tickets. The most severe punishment was house arrest. Fines up the whazoo, though. My last underage drinking ticket cost me half a grand. I got it for drinking a beer at a baseball game. I was 20. :shakehead

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
So... 18 year olds can serve in the military, vote in elections, purchase firearms, serve as legal guardians for minors, adopt children and get married, but if they step into a bar, they might go to jail for 10 days... gotta love the US...
He also got in trouble with the police in September 2006 at age 17 for underage drinking so this isn't a first offense.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
You don't get sentenced to jail time for underage drinking. I had friends with as many a six or seven underage drinking tickets. The most severe punishment was house arrest. Fines up the whazoo, though. My last underage drinking ticket cost me half a grand. I got it for drinking a beer at a baseball game. I was 20. :shakehead

Wow, that is mind-blowing. You can die for your country, but if you take a sip of beer, be prepared to pay up.

I have never, nor will I ever, understand the logic in that kind of thinking.

dkdex

Apr 2, 2007
mo,via waukegan ill,
absolutely not in my neck of the woods,i got busted twice in a 2 mo period in 1982 did all asked fines jail p.service now i live in another state and cant drive my car in my driveway,f%usa,they dont give a second chance 25 yrs later they??//we suck!!!!!!!:cry:

Stajan Fan

Jun 20, 2003
Daysland, Alberta
Visit site
absolutely not in my neck of the woods,i got busted twice in a 2 mo period in 1982 did all asked fines jail p.service now i live in another state and cant drive my car in my driveway,f%usa,they dont give a second chance 25 yrs later they??//we suck!!!!!!!:cry:

LOL second chance??? You got caught TWICE in TWO MONTHS, and then got caught driving without a license??? I'd say you shouldnt have a license, that's three chances they gave you and you screwed it up every time. :shakehead

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005

wow.

kid walks into store...

KID: "gimme a six pack of budweiser"
CLERK: "sorry son, gotta be 21"
KID: "ok then, can i buy one of those guns?"
CLERK: "sure thing. here ya go"

kid points gun at clerk...

KID: "gimme a six pack of budweiser"

god bless america.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad