Player Discussion Todd McLellan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Talbot hasn’t been great most of the year but tonight he had no chance on pretty much all of the goals.

Or is two time Cup winning goaltender Matt Murray also a sieve because his team can’t play defense this year either?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Weight got himself tossed tonight in Colorado in an effort to bring some passion to his team tonight who also got throttled badly. Sounds like an ex-player to me and not in TMacs playbook but I would have liked to have seen a ****ing timeout called after the second goal and him give it to the team to wake the **** up.

Instead he let them just go through the motions and line juggled the deck chairs on the Titanic.

McDavids interview he is not able or willing to call out his team, seemed bothered by the questions and Lucic seemed at a total loss.

Nobody is willing to stand up in that room and demand accountability from each other. They are still kissing one another’s asses by the media avails and their play on the ice.

Weight has been great this year, no doubt that Gallant will win coach of the year, but Weight should be right up there.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Talbot hasn’t been great most of the year but tonight he had no chance on pretty much all of the goals.

Or is two time Cup winning goaltender Matt Murray also a sieve because his team can’t pay defense this year either?

D is garbage. Larsson is overrated, Benning is a tire fire. Goalie is not going to put up a good save percentage behind a team that makes bone headed lapse after bone headed lapse. Klefbom should just call it a season and go get the shoulder surgery he's going to need anyway.

Reactions: dawunderboy

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
D is garbage. Larsson is overrated, Benning is a tire fire. Goalie is not going to put up a good save percentage behind a team that makes bone headed lapse after bone headed lapse. Klefbom should just call it a season and go get the shoulder surgery he's going to need anyway.

Pretty much.

If he had saved ANY of the goals tonight that save would have been highlight of the night.

Not going to win when you need your goaltender to have made 5 highlight reel saves in the same game.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Why is it that ole boys like weight who would be useful are not part of this organization?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
There is a coach that no one seems to be talking about who is available.

Darryl Sutter.

No doubt he's a better coach than McLellan. I just don't see Chiarelli admitting that giving McLellan that massive contract was a mistake by firing him and his staff.

Massive? He gave McLellan the same contract as most coaches get. Only exception is Babcocks.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Weight has been great this year, no doubt that Gallant will win coach of the year, but Weight should be right up there.

Interesting how half of Weight's staff - Buchberger/Richardson/Brathwaite - are all guys he played with on the Oilers.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
He's got to go the sooner the better. Team doesn't give a f*** about him and it sure seems like they've completely tuned him out. I wish Lavo wasn't employed he's the exact type of coach this team needs a guy who will actually speak up for the players when he thinks they're been jobbed in a game and doesn't have a nice polite conversation which ultimately ends with the Oilers eating shit game in and game out.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He finally tried Nuge on the wing after 200 games behind the bench. He is evolving ever so slowly, lol.

Reactions: Del Preston

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I gotta go through that pain again? No way. If you finally saw the light good on you. Sadly, lots of people still saying it ain't on Talbot.
He is absolutely part of the problem.
The coaching staff is a massive part too. Coaching staff is the main issue. Talbots play is part of it.

Reactions: shoop

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I gotta go through that pain again? No way. If you finally saw the light good on you. Sadly, lots of people still saying it ain't on Talbot.

Should probably familiarize yourself with my post history on the subject as a whole versus my single post about his play in one game. ;)

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Should probably familiarize yourself with my post history on the subject as a whole versus my single post about his play in one game. ;)
When you get shut out in back to back games maybe you should look at the scorers...

Not directed at you. Just in general.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
He is absolutely part of the problem.
The coaching staff is a massive part too. Coaching staff is the main issue. Talbots play is part of it.

Amen to that.

Why would I do that? Just say what for chris'sake. "Familiarize" my self with your post history. Who asks that?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Amen to that.

Why would I do that? Just say what for chris'sake. "Familiarize" my self with your post history. Who asks that?
Goalies go thru rough stretches and usually on good teams they help the goalie past that. This team can't do that though.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Amen to that.

If you’re going to subtly imply that I am a mindless Talbot booster with your post, then yes, I think it’s fair to know somebody’s whole opinon on the subject first.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
at some point he's either got to admit it's his fault or call out Chiarelli for not giving him the right players to succeed.

I actually think both are true. And no, just having a generational talent is not a guarantee of success. Hockey isn't like that.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Sigh, really have a hard time logging in to these new forums (must be browser / settings). Anyhow, was annoyed but not surprised by the loss on my birthday (will be astounded if they ever do win on my birthday), but back to back 5-0s? Do we need a third in a row to see some coaching changes?

Todd literally just said they don't have an answer for the special teams. He clearly is done then

I feel bad for him (sort of), but it would be about time. I'm tired of watching him outcoach himself ever since the Anaheim series (well, that's when it got really obvious at least). Got clowned by Carlyle.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
If you’re going to subtly imply that I am a mindless Talbot booster with your post, then yes, I think it’s fair to know somebody’s whole opinon on the subject first.

State your freaking opinion on Talbot then. You have posted three times on the topic, but can't just once state what you think? Perhaps your rich history of posting ain't worth the effort.

Talbot has been stinky this season. The Oilers can thank Chia for not giving him a long contract if nothing else.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I hope they sack Chia before deadline, have a bad feeling that he would do something stupid trying to save the season and his job! Insert McT as Gm with limited power for the rest of the season and start the search for a new one! Give the new coach a tryout for the rest of the season and see whats happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad