Today's Meeting: Any News???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
crossxcheck said:
I'm not speculating on anything, I'm just curious as to what is going on.

Same here, but what's really going to happen that we don't know already...

acr*

No hockey makes Homer...Something Something...

Go Crazy?

DON'T MIND IF I DO! YAYAHAAYYAYAYAYAYA

Hockey_Nut99

No one has walked out yet... interesting.

Hey that's good right. I want the meeting to last as long as it can..Either the NHL surprised the PA with a desent proposal or the PA is being kind and actually listening to the whole thing or asking questions instead of ending the meeting early.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
I don’t suppose this thread could be “stickiedâ€, could it? So we don’t have to wade through people’s opinions anymore, in order to get updates?

Thanks.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Last time, it took 1.5 hours to go over the proposal. The fact that they are still talking after 2.5 hours is promising, as it probably means some bantering is occuring (as opposed to the straight out heres the proposal that occured at the last meeting). Who knows for sure though, as a similar situation to last time may occur, with the players meeting amongst themselves to discuss the owners offer.

What IS promising is that nobody has stormed out, which means the owners offer, like the players offer before it, is in the realm of "reasonable".

Iceman23

Dec 26, 2003
The longer the meeting goes, the level of optimism climbs just a bit. Perhaps the owners are saying something that the players like?

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
Iceman23 said:
The longer the meeting goes, the level of optimism climbs just a bit. Perhaps the owners are saying something that the players like?

hm.. last meeting was also 4 hours.. and there also was not much positiv things in the proposal for the NHL..

but i hope today everything get's a little bit better... PLEASE!

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
They probably all climbed out the window after 10 minutes, and the press is waiting breathlessly outside an empty room.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
As of 3:45pm, they are still talking. Ive got my TV glued to The Score b/c they'll break in to regular programming the moment theres something...

I must admit that I was fully expecting a 15min meeting yesterday... but now that they've been going for nearly 3 hrs, I must admit that I am getting a bit optomistic.

I mean, the PA surprised everyone with a deal that, while just being smoke and mirrors for a long term solution, it had some signifigant short term rollbacks...

Maybe Gary & Co. have done the same sort of thing.

Heres to hoping... but the moment I hear anything, Ill post 'er here.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
no13matssundin said:
As of 3:45pm, they are still talking. Ive got my TV glued to The Score b/c they'll break in to regular programming the moment theres something...

I must admit that I was fully expecting a 15min meeting yesterday... but now that they've been going for nearly 3 hrs, I must admit that I am getting a bit optomistic.

I mean, the PA surprised everyone with a deal that, while just being smoke and mirrors for a long term solution, it had some signifigant short term rollbacks...

Maybe Gary & Co. have done the same sort of thing.

Heres to hoping... but the moment I hear anything, Ill post 'er here.

Thanks a ton. Those of us at work with no speakers or tv are grateful! :yo:

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
PepNCheese said:
They probably all climbed out the window after 10 minutes, and the press is waiting breathlessly outside an empty room.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me to enforce discipline in my office when my employees hear me burst out laughing just after I told them I'm too busy to be interrupted? :lol

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
THE SCORE: Theyre still talking... 3hrs into it. Speculation is that the NHL is still laying out line-by-line the counter proposal

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
no13matssundin said:
THE SCORE: Theyre still talking... 3hrs into it. Speculation is that the NHL is still laying out line-by-line the counter proposal

any chance they're playing nhl 2005 to settle it all??? :D

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Son of Steinbrenner said:
this is good news.

Good news would be if the PA does not walk out WHEN bettman is done going line by line over there proposal...i didnt expect them to walk out right away because thatg would make them look bad...just like the NHL didnt walk out on the PAs proposal.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
crossxcheck said:
any chance they're playing nhl 2005 to settle it all??? :D

Nawww, I think Bettman is a 2k5 fan. What team do you think Bettman would be? He'd probably create himself and Bill Daly and stick them as wingers on a line with Vincent Lecavalier.

coyotechrisz

Apr 21, 2004
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Good news would be if the PA does not walk out WHEN bettman is done going line by line over there proposal...

yes.. maybe bettman has the hard cap as his last line.. :speechles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad