Today is the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjbhab*

Anyone else think today could be the day, 5:49 et. almost 6 and there is no news to report, this could be good, what do you think, im confident that today may be the day.

SedinFan*

Legace said a deal is done already, just that the lawyers are going through over 600 pages of material.

cjbhab*

If it was today, I don't know, when MLB got theres done it was in the middle of the night, am I correct, what about in 95 for the NHL i dunno, when did they announce that?

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Zack Attack said:
Legace said a deal is done already, just that the lawyers are going through over 600 pages of material.

Care to point out where he said the deal was done? I think I missed that point.

Anyways, I was just thinking about that... if they are meeting through the weekend it is because

1. they are at the end
or
2. they are in a rush to finish this

or both 1 and 2. In any event, if Bettman is to present the document to the executive committee Monday, then the document would have tro be finished before that... presumably today.

So yeah, keep your ear to the ground. The news is coming soon.

cjbhab*

The Macho Man said:
Care to point out where he said the deal was done? I think I missed that point.

Anyways, I was just thinking about that... if they are meeting through the weekend it is because

1. they are at the end
or
2. they are in a rush to finish this

or both 1 and 2. In any event, if Bettman is to present the document to the executive committee Monday, then the document would have tro be finished before that... presumably today.

So yeah, keep your ear to the ground. The news is coming soon.

good points, and it makes me believe even more it could be today, but when, would they announce it today, i would think they would announce as soon as its done. I don't buy the media attention crap, when its done, its done.

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton
Im 100% its not gonna be today ok, more NHL officials will meet tomorrow, but Im still going for wednesday as the deal day

SedinFan*

Quote from Legace:

''I'm hearing it's all but done and the lawyers have been looking over it, and that it could take 14 to 20 days"

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton
Zack Attack said:
Quote from Legace:

''I'm hearing it's all but done and the lawyers have been looking over it, and that it could take 14 to 20 days"

he said that last like two weeks ago, bottom line it will get done this week unless a huge curveball comes outta no where

SedinFan*

Boozers said:
he said that last like two weeks ago, bottom line it will get done this week unless a huge curveball comes outta no where

Oh ok, it was posted yesterday on TSN's front page, so I thought it was recent.

cjbhab*

Boozers said:

I hope your right, and i doubt a curveball can come now, it is in the bag, they've been saying 2 weeks forever, 2 months ago they said 2 weeks, its killing me waiting for this thing, i just wanna put this mess behind me and focus on the upcoming season.

cjbhab*

it is still a long wait to get back on ice, but in september, training camps will open and everything will be back to normal, hopefully this offseason goes well, no crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad