Kings Article: Tobias Rieder Brings “Upper Level” Speed To LA Kings

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
About 24 hours ago, Arizona Coyotes forward Tobias Rieder was just finding out that he had been traded to the Los Angeles Kings.
This morning, Rieder met his new teammates and participated in the morning skate, prior to their February 22 game against the Dallas Stars.
Rieder met the local media after the morning skate, and he talked about what he brings to this new team. Head coach John Stevens and defenseman Alec Martinez also talked about what Rieder brings to the Kings.
Check it out at...

Tobias Rieder Brings “Upper Level” Speed To LA Kings

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I know this is about Rieder not Kopi, but man, Kopi is such an ambassador, huh? Every time you hear about a player interaction with the Kings they're just beaming about Anze.

Excited to see what he can bring being as he's never been on a team with playoff aspirations. Everyone seems pretty stoked and to target him says a lot about how they value him.

RONNIEC

Feb 27, 2018
Los Angeles
Not going to draw any conclusion, but after watching him played 2 games... he is not really that fast and quick.
Yes, compare to Kopi he is Flash... but, he is not that speedy.

Therefore, I am neutral on the Rieder/Thompson - Kuemper trade.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
How's he been for you guys? He was one of the first younger kids to break for AZ. Always loved how tenacious his is on the forecheck and is usually good for a couple breakaways a game, just has that whole inability to finish thing....

Still Rieder is a good one .

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Correct, three clear scoring chances, all in the goalies’s chest.
Backckeck, forecheck, speedy, defensively strong, hardworking.

Exactly like advertised.

Odd skating style, I get tired when I watch him skate (bend over).

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

RONNIEC

Feb 27, 2018
Los Angeles
Is he really that speedy, be honest?
Yes, he is faster than Toffoli, like Paval Bure when comparing to Kopitar...
I think people overrated his speed a bit.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If the Kings are going to continue to take penalties then I like the idea of guys like Mitchell, Thompson, Rieder and other bottom sixers playing the pk over the top forwards.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Here I was a few minutes ago wondering why there's a thread about Tomb Raider on the Kings board. :facepalm: This is what happens when you get three hours of sleep.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Why is he being scratched?
Hasn't really done much to stay in the lineup. Has shown great speed at times but hasn't really created any offense. Kings don't use him on the PK cause they have so many other guys who do it well. All the guys in the Kings bottom 6 have established roles except for Amadio. Lewis, Thompson, Mitchell, Clifford, and Kempe all have set roles that they do better than Rieder right now.

Looks like Rieder is back in the lineup today though on the 2nd line.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
He was definitely faster, elite, before his injury. He tore up his ankle at the World's this summer and was on crutches just before camp this year. So while fast, he is no longer skating at an elite level. His acceleration isn't nearly as noticeable. Hopefully with more time and he can get it back up there.
He was a good third liner when healthy who didn't look awful playing higher in the lineup.

RONNIEC

Feb 27, 2018
Los Angeles
He was definitely faster, elite, before his injury. He tore up his ankle at the World's this summer and was on crutches just before camp this year. So while fast, he is no longer skating at an elite level. His acceleration isn't nearly as noticeable. Hopefully with more time and he can get it back up there.
He was a good third liner when healthy who didn't look awful playing higher in the lineup.

That is sad.
He is pretty average on other aspect of his game... if he lost his speed also... well... 3rd/4th liner the most.
I think it is a waste of time for Stevens to try him on 1st or 2nd line with better players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad