Prospect Info: Tobias Lindberg (2013, 102nd)

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
Man, training camp in the fall is gonna be crazy. As mentioned yesterday during the game this is exactly what you want in an organisation. Everyone playing their best to stay on the team.

Wouldn't be surprised if we come out strong next year. (hopefully not too strong, I still think we need at least one more year of rebuild)

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He looks like a good return for Phaneuf.

6'3", 217 lbs., age 20.

He was over a PPG in his first and only year in the OHL.

There's a place for a big man with some skill in the Leafs future.

And played the most PK time?

You know Landeskog didn't exactly light it up in the OHL. ;) (Yeah I did.)

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I thought that he looked really good overall. Big kid that won't get knocked off the puck too easily and has enough skill to play in a top 6.

A couple of really good chances. I think that with more experience he'll realize his time and space is virtually gone from the AHL to the NHL. We saw that with the chance that he had in the slot.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I thought that he looked really good overall. Big kid that won't get knocked off the puck too easily and has enough skill to play in a top 6.

A couple of really good chances. I think that with more experience he'll realize his time and space is virtually gone from the AHL to the NHL. We saw that with the chance that he had in the slot.

The chance in the slot on the PP? Yes less time but it was a hook with no call.
I thought his timing was really good for a kid in his first game. Very pleased with his performance.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Senators draft well in the lower rounds. To use Burke's terminology, I think we may have found a wallet. I am hopeful.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Looked really good. Love how were stockpiling all these young assets
Some of them will definitely pan out

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This is going to be a very interesting and exciting training camp with so many prospects that already have played in NHL (Tobias is one of them) and so many either playing in AHL, OHL and other junior clubs and then some of the 2016 draft prospects

It's looking good and I am looking forward to next season, a lot of tough decisions with our roster

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
You can tell Babcock is a wee bit tired of small players by the praise he was giving Lingberg. He is definitely looking forward to having some more beef in his lineup methinks.

Call me crazy but I don't think Babcock is all that knocked out with Nylander yet.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
What's encouraging is how positive Babs seemed to be in his presser about him. And he doesn't like to give out too much praise to a first game rookie. We might have something here..

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
You can tell Babcock is a wee bit tired of small players by the praise he was giving Lingberg. He is definitely looking forward to having some more beef in his lineup methinks.

Call me crazy but I don't think Babcock is all that knocked out with Nylander yet.

I dunno, he had some elite players in Detroit who weren't exactly huge with Datsyuk,Kronwall and Zetterberg, the core of that team. The future core in Detroit with players like Nyquist,Tatar,Larkin aren't exactly huge either(you'd think Babcock had some influence on those picks). The only big players he had that I can think of in recent years that played major roles were Bertuzzi and Franzen. Babcock has always liked players who can play 200 feet, no always those bulls on skates like Burke always loved.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
My video title speaks of how I feel about Lindberg... :)

Loved him in the OHL Finals & Memorial Tournie last year, too..!

Lovin' Lindberg: Tobias Lindberg 2014-2016 Highlights - TML

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I'll take him on the top line instead of Hyman

I'll take anyone over Hyman on the top line now

I think he brings the same defensive game only with more size. I am not sure about his hands though

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I'll take him on the top line instead of Hyman

I'll take anyone over Hyman on the top line now

I think he brings the same defensive game only with more size. I am not sure about his hands though
Better hands, shot and awareness but less compete.

Decent player, will likely be an NHL'er in the mold of a rich man's Colin Greening.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Better hands, shot and awareness but less compete.

Decent player, will likely be an NHL'er in the mold of a rich man's Colin Greening.

that would be great. Colin Greening is now a homeless man's Colin Greening unfortunately

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
People should blame Babcock, not Hyman. He's been working his butt off.

Agreed. Hyman deserves to be in the nhl. On the fourth line and pk. That gives him plenty of minutes to develop. Share the ice a bit.. No reason he should be getting close to top minutes on this team.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
People should blame Babcock, not Hyman. He's been working his butt off.

100% goes to babs for me. Hyman isn't blackmailing him to stay there (or is he?). He would make a great 4th line pk guy who you could put with Kadri on the 3rd shutdown line in a pinch, im not totally sold on his d game though.

I want Hyman on the leafs but the only time he should be on the ice with Nylander and Matthews should be for the post win stick salute

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
All the anti Hyman talk

Who are the Leafs LWers....JVR, Hyman, Komarov, Martin.? The Leafs don't really have 1,2,3 lines
The top 3 seem to have a ebb and flow and are who the #1 line on any given night.

Soshnikov,Johnson, Lindberg, Tishavov, Dzerkins, Grunnerstrom, might be group within four years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->