To play in NHL next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Joker*

Err the original post is worded weird, but I was saying which are the prospects. Like all of them who are most likely to play next year in the NHL.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
From the '05 guys there is only Crosby,Brule and Kopitar that could step in. Ryan may also be ready for a limited role. And of all the prospect I think,Richards,Carter,Vanek,Phaneuf,Suter,Getzlaf all have good chances and then there is Kronwall who is a lock to play with the Wings.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Habsfan 32 said:
From the '05 guys there is only Crosby,Brule and Kopitar that could step in. Ryan may also be ready for a limited role. And of all the prospect I think,Richards,Carter,Vanek,Phaneuf,Suter,Getzlaf all have good chances and then there is Kronwall who is a lock to play with the Wings.
I also feel that Robbie Schremp and Anthony Stewart may have limited roles depending on how well they play in camp.

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Anyone feel that Corry Perry might have a chance? I would think on a worse team he might. But id Say that Getzlaf gets a spot and Perry gets jyped. KInda a Perry Fan after watchin him this year, kinda reminds me of a young Lecalvier, Big lanky guy with some nice moves

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
bruins8152 said:
Anyone feel that Corry Perry might have a chance? I would think on a worse team he might. But id Say that Getzlaf gets a spot and Perry gets jyped. KInda a Perry Fan after watchin him this year, kinda reminds me of a young Lecalvier, Big lanky guy with some nice moves

I've watched him over 100 times live the past 4 years and he's made great strides in his game and if he was on teams like Columbus, Atlanta, Carolina, Nashville or Chicago he'd probably make it on the 2nd or 3rd line in 05-06 but because Anaheim has so many good young wingers (Getzlaf, Lupol - RW??, Chistov LW/RW???) he'll probably spend a year or so in the AHL (wherever Anaheim's farm team is next year).

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Habsfan 32 said:

I agree w/ all those but would add Ovehckin, Malkin, Ladd (b/c he's in Carolina), Schremp and Pouliout possibly but not likely as Edm has a lot of good young forwards at AHL level last year, Paille, Roy, Kostistyn, O'Sullivan, Suter, Colburn, maybe Bolland (should stay in OHL one more year, but Chicago needs forwards), Fritsche definately going to Columbus

freakazoid

May 9, 2005
Canada
Kopitar is very raw, having little time to develop in a good league, so he will need atleast a year of development in the SEL

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
bruins8152 said:

I've heard with Perry the plan is to let him have a year in the AHL unless he forces his way on the NHL roster at training camp.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Ladd has a good chance to make the Canes in camp this coming season. Weather he's ready or not this year is another matter entirely.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
trahans99 said:
I agree w/ all those but would add Ovehckin, Malkin, Ladd (b/c he's in Carolina), Schremp and Pouliout possibly but not likely as Edm has a lot of good young forwards at AHL level last year, Paille, Roy, Kostistyn, O'Sullivan, Suter, Colburn, maybe Bolland (should stay in OHL one more year, but Chicago needs forwards), Fritsche definately going to Columbus

Yeah I was in a hurry so i put all the names I had in my head with out think but I knew all those guys have a shot if they have good camps.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
trahans99 said:
I've watched him over 100 times live the past 4 years and he's made great strides in his game and if he was on teams like Columbus, Atlanta, Carolina, Nashville or Chicago he'd probably make it on the 2nd or 3rd line in 05-06 but because Anaheim has so many good young wingers (Getzlaf, Lupol - RW??, Chistov LW/RW???) he'll probably spend a year or so in the AHL (wherever Anaheim's farm team is next year).

yeah, because Nashville didn't make the playoffs in '03-'04

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
ready or not...whoever the Wild draft, minus overseas or NCAA, will very likely get a spot. IT seems the Wild don't have the ultimate faith in chl progression for whatever reason. Although, it could have just been that there was no one better, so keep the kids. It seems to have worked a little, the are some of the more popular guys on the team.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Joe_Strummer said:
yeah, because Nashville didn't make the playoffs in '03-'04

Yeah, I chuckled at that. Because Perry is going to leapfrog Walker, Sullivan, Hartnell, and Erat for a spot on the top 6. That doesn't even include any UFA's brought in or Upshall or Shishkanov down on the farm. In fact, looking over the wingers currently on Anaheim's roster and there is no way I take them over Nashville's. If Perry is going to make a team, it's just as likely (if not more) to be Anaheim.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
I know a lot of people are not high on Eric Nystrom around here but a lot of people in Calgary think he has a pretty solid shot to crack the Flames 4th line out of training camp and start learning his role in the pro game from Stephan Yelle.

As for 2005 draftees it should be Crosby only. I don't think Kopitar could help any NHL team at this point and after watching Brule this year in the WHL I will say he is a very nice prospect but not near stepping into the NHL to start the upcomming season.

letsgojackets

Feb 2, 2005
For Columbus:

Fritsche is definate. Picard will have every chance to make the team.

Crosby will also make the team from this draft. :D

Rich09

Oct 22, 2004
Alez Perezoghin and Chris Higgins are going to play in the NHL. Kostitsyn is not ready yet.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I agree w/ all those but would add Ovehckin, Malkin

likely that they could play, but they might not come over yet for another year...kind of hard to tell how much of that is bluster from their russian teams and how much of it might be real desire to keep them over there for another year or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad