To all those Schremp doubters

Status
Not open for further replies.

heygarebear

Blues
Feb 28, 2002
STL - Nashville
trahans99 said:
Did anyone see the London/KW game last night? What a game for Robbie Schremp, this kid has a cannon of a shot with 2 very important goals. I think the 18 teams that passed him over after Florida are going to be sorry.
I'm pretty sure the Blues are happy with there pick of Marek Schwarz

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
You get to see Schremp and Perry... did Edmonton make the right decision in the Comrie situation? I know what Oiler fans will say, but I want to hear other opinions.

Woywitka
Schremp
3rd 2005

vs.

Perry
minus 3rd 2004 (Billy Ryan)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
trahans99 said:
Did anyone see the London/KW game last night? What a game for Robbie Schremp, this kid has a cannon of a shot with 2 very important goals. I think the 18 teams that passed him over after Florida are going to be sorry.

Juniors is just that....juniors.

hunter1909*

if it were up to me oilers would still try to get perry...

try to sucker the quacks with some of oilers "experienced" players like dvorak and isbister :p...

i wouldnt trade schremp straight up for perry ...let alone toss in woywitka...

you almost have to feel sorry for the yotes...but i dont want to start up on mike "halfpint" comrie so...

lol

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
hunter1909 said:
if it were up to me oilers would still try to get perry...

try to sucker the quacks with some of oilers "experienced" players like dvorak and isbister :p...

I wouldn't trade Dvorak for Perry. And, of course, the Ducks wouldn't take Isbister.

It's obvious the Oilers had a little interest in Perry at one time, but I'm sure it's all in the past now.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Well I think all the teams that passed on Bergeon TWICE and O'Sullivan are going to be extremely sorry too...

Things like this happen. Player development comes into factor and you need to figure out if the guy fits into your game plan.

Minnesota I think is very happy to have AJ Thelen, who is semi-needed for them and is a huge PR case.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Seachd said:
You get to see Schremp and Perry... did Edmonton make the right decision in the Comrie situation? I know what Oiler fans will say, but I want to hear other opinions.

Woywitka
Schremp
3rd 2005

vs.

Perry

Very good question..... I'm sure the Oilers didn't think Schremp would still be around at the time of the trade with Philly.

IMO Schremp has more potential than Perry, Schremp is projected to be a 1st centre and Perry probably a 2nd line winger. Of course Schremp has more bust potential than Perry due to attitude and all his other baggage. I personally and a huge Schremp fan and Perry for that matter, but Schremp/Woywitka and 3rd in '05 (which is suppose to be a very good draft) looks to be a better offter than Perry and 3rd in 04. Time will tell b/c if Perry turns into 2nd line scoring winger and Shremp and/or Woywitka are busts than the Perry deal would've been better. But the safer bet is with Schremp and Woywitka.

If I were Edmonton i'd still be trying to get Perry....they have loads of prospects and talent that they could send to Anaheim.

What would you be willing to give up to get Perry from Anaheim??

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Well I think all the teams that passed on Bergeon TWICE and O'Sullivan are going to be extremely sorry too...

Things like this happen. Player development comes into factor and you need to figure out if the guy fits into your game plan.

Minnesota I think is very happy to have AJ Thelen, who is semi-needed for them and is a huge PR case.

Yeah player development is a big thing.

I dont think anyone of those 18 teams that passed on Schremp doubted his skills at all. At least from I read and heard everyone thoguth he wa very skilled. Of course skill doesn't always translate to NHL success right Dan Cleary and many other sensational junior players. But mayeb all this attention to his bad attitude was a real slap in his face and Robbie has grown up over the summer, haveng your pride stepped on can really wake a person up sometimes.

Its kinda early to be makeing a big deal about it IMO.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
first it was ONLY one game...i like schremp and i hope he does well, but lets not start bragging over one game.

second, no one ever doubted his skill or ability to play. all questions and doubts were about his character, attitude and work ethic and no matter what you think about that we won't know if those will be problems for him as a pro until he becomes a pro. he can get by in juniors on skill alone, when he takes it to the next level next season then we'll start to see if the knocks on his character were warranted or not.

hunter1909*

schremp with his "attitude" has got a lot more chance of making it in the pros than your normal farmboy type...

oilers should stick isbister dvorak AND pisani for perry...

: p

db23

Yeah, I'm sure that heads of scouts and G.M.s around the league will roll after Shremp scored 3 points and was a -1 in a junior game. That has never happened before. Only problem is that about 25 other CHL players at least, have had 3 point games so far this season, none of them Oiler prospects. So I guess that means that Kevin Lowe and all of the Oiler brass are :banghead: as well.

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
everyone knows the kid can play juniors.... i mean.. why do you think he was ranked that high by central scouting in the first place???

yes... the kid has skills

but time will tell whether the kid with skills can translate that to NHL minutes and NHL points

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Edmonton would likely never be able to get Perry from Anaheim after the Comrie disaster. Bryan Murray is gone, but some of those boys will still hold a grudge. Anaheim also wouldn't likely go there again, as after the disaster, Perry and the relationship with the organization was pretty hurt.

As for the Comrie trade, wasn't it Perry and a first in '04 the offer for Comrie. In that case, it's Perry and Smid, or even Schremp for that matter, or even someone like Tukonen, versus Woywitka and Schremp. That's alot different than Perry vs. Schremp and Woywitka.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Hercules Rockefeller said:
As for the Comrie trade, wasn't it Perry and a first in '04 the offer for Comrie. In that case, it's Perry and Smid, or even Schremp for that matter, or even someone like Tukonen, versus Woywitka and Schremp. That's alot different than Perry vs. Schremp and Woywitka.
Nope. It was Perry and a 1st for Comrie and a 3rd. Comrie alone should be worth that and then the Oilers should have thrown in a draft pick on top of that. I'm glad Lowe backed down. Fans would have crucified Lowe more than they did after he didn't sign Nedved.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
hunter1909 said:
schremp with his "attitude" has got a lot more chance of making it in the pros than your normal farmboy type...

oilers should stick isbister dvorak AND pisani for perry...

: p
:lol

Do you want Lowe to receive death threats or something? Perry who hasn't proven anything and you want to give up 3 NHLers. I'm glad your not the GM of the Oilers. I wouldn't even give up Pisani or Izzy for Perry and you have the nerve to suggest all three for a prospect who hasn't played a single game in the NHL. :banghead:

Last edited:

db23

trahans99 said:
Greg Stewart, Montreal's 8th round pick had his team's only 2 goals opening night. Does that mean the 245 picks ahead of him in the draft were mistakes?

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
This is sort of off topic, but relates to Schremp.

A new teammate on my college ice hockey team and I were talking about the lockout and stuff a few days ago. We then discussed Crosby, and what it would be like to play with him. My teammate then asked me if I had heard of Robbie Schremp, and I simply responded yes. He then proceeded to tell me what a "psycho" he was. Apparently the two of them had player against each other in Syracuse in PeeWee's. Obviously this was awhile ago, and Schremp was the best player by far, but also a headcase. In one game, Schremp's team was killing my friend's team, like 10-0, but when the team finally scored their first goal, Schremp went nuts.

Now, I am not simply trying to bash Schremp, as I think he was the third most talented player in the draft. I have no ill will towards him. But I just thought it was interesting that a person would go to such great lengths telling how Schremp was a headcase without me even asking about it, and I wanted to share my story. They played together awhile ago, and Schremp easily could have changed his tune my now.

Take it for what it's worth.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Seachd said:

Woywitka
Schremp
3rd 2005

vs.

Perry

you mean...

Woywitka
Schremp
3rd 2005

vs.

Perry
1st round pick (Smid)

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
trahans99 said:
Had 3 points, but was still a -1.

se7en*

Some people are so quick to bring up that -1, and I'll bet none of them knew Schremp was on the ice for an empty netter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->