to all posters: Re: Las Vegas post thread....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
here's my take, and I agree w/ the sentiment of Portland fans past, present and future....

the decision business-wise made first by Ed Anderson in May of 1991, and the similar decision by Ron Cain over a year ago, to remove Portland's franchises from the AHL TO other markets in this league, will always be a source of discontent to our fanbase, whether or not any of you have agreed or not with whatever I've said, replied to, or posted here....

it still hurts our fanbase, to go through 2 relocations in 24 years and it will always be a wound that may never close, fully....

It has personally disillusioned me from following this sport at times not even turning the sport on, even though Boston is the closest NHL City to us, I just feel it's time to clear the air on how I've felt since the relocation by the Pirates to SPR... I'd never thought we'd ever see that option again, as most of our fanbase, may not have understood the business decision Ed made in May 1991, and that, personally, is about the same as to what Cain did to us in May 2015...

thanks for understanding my POV.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Its a business though, they have to do what's best for them.

As far as watchable goes I feel like the product itself has become so watered down at the minor league level that I'd argue you're not missing much especially if you saw hockey prior to the last decade before this whole development thing just took over and teams started losing their name identities, less local ownerships and so on.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Its a business though, they have to do what's best for them.

As far as watchable goes I feel like the product itself has become so watered down at the minor league level that I'd argue you're not missing much especially if you saw hockey prior to the last decade before this whole development thing just took over and teams started losing their name identities, less local ownerships and so on.

Totally agree. And Hutch, NO ONE likes to see a fanbase lose a team except the fanbase of where the team is going.

Right now I see very little difference in the quality of the AHL play and that of the ECHL, DEL, SEL, etc.

And you being all peeved and not wanting to call the Wolves the Chicago Wolves is not going to help the hockey situation in Portland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->