TNA heading to POP TV

Oct 18, 2011
TNA Wrestling officially announced today that Impact Wrestling would be moving to POP TV on Tuesday nights.
The series will debut on POP TV on 1/5/16.
The announcement was made via a Youtube video that was released upon the end of a countdown clock that the company quietly placed on their website and on the social media of a number of executives.

The move will be an immediate positive one for the series as POP TV is available in 75,255,000 homes via cable and satellite providers, far more then Destination America. DA is available in 57,238,000 homes via the same providers but in many cases was on secondary and paid tiers.
Via PWInsider

Another move to a channel that nobody watches. Atleast it has a broader reach I suppose

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
Hahaha Pop is the channel with the built-in TV listings. It's the re-named TV Guide channel.

So while TNA is on you can see all of your other viewing options. Yikes.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
As MVP put it on his twitter;

Spike = $$$

Destination America = $

POP = -$

POP mostly air reality programming, entertainment news, and syndication of TV shows. It is more available in US homes than DA is, but that doesn't mean a damn thing in terms of people actually watching. It was also cost TNA more to go to this network.

They basically picked a grave and jump into it, because this channel sounds like a graveyard.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hahaha Pop is the channel with the built-in TV listings. It's the re-named TV Guide channel.

So while TNA is on you can see all of your other viewing options. Yikes.

They used to do that, but they don't anymore once they became POP TV.

Still, probably is a better network than they were on before.

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
They used to do that, but they don't anymore once they became POP TV.

Still, probably is a better network than they were on before.

I checked the channel out today and it was re-runs of Beverly Hills 90210 with 20% of the screen used as a TV guide.

Cujorulesdtown9

More Blue Pants
Sep 9, 2007
Michigan
TNA moves to a channel I GET. .... unfortunately it's a year too late, and everyone I liked in that company is gone due to the stupidity that runs rampant there.

I like Paragon wrestling on Pop tv, however, I will continue to watch that. That's worth a watch, saturdays at 8am.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
TNA will not be paying for their timeslot on Pop TV according to reports now.

So this probably means Pop wants them, and will probably even back TNA financially.

The cockroach finds YET ANOTHER way to survive another nuclear apocalypse.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
TNA is going to what use to be the TV Guide Channel? TNA should have tried to get on History

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
All flaming (from all partied) will stop now. If it doesn't then Infractions and thread bans are next.

Last edited:

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Now they can go ahead and sign Goldberg and we can get that Matt Hardy-Goldberg feud the wrestling world has been waiting for.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Matt Hardy would probably make that at least tolerable.

The Matt Hardy of the indies/TNA days is not the same as the Matt Hardy of his last WWE run.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
It amazes me TNA is still a thing. What a colossal waste of resources. Dixie should have just cut a $150M check and gave it charity instead of wasting 10 years of her life on this.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
It amazes me TNA is still a thing. What a colossal waste of resources. Dixie should have just cut a $150M check and gave it charity instead of wasting 10 years of her life on this.

Her parents gave her a wrestling company to keep her happy and out of their business, and even then they eventually had to step in to try and sort her **** out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad