Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
4-3
2-0
4-3
5-4
5-2
4-3

Notice the pattern? The Leafs are suffering through a 6-game losing streak at the moment, in that time, the Leafs have only lost one game by what could be considered a blowout (a 5-2 defeat to the Sabres), in all 5 other games, they have been in there until the bitter end, in fact, take away a 2-0 loss to Carolina, and the Leafs have lost all games by 1 goal...and losing is starting to take it's toll on the Buds...

Captain Brad Brown : "It's depressing, we work our butts off, we play very good games, but it just seems like it's not meant to be, we just can't get over the hump at the moment, we need to get this, and fast".

Coach Pat Quinn is obviously trying to take this "losing focus" off of his team, so that the media stop hounding the players on this issue...need proof?

Commenting on Milan Hnlicka shutting out the Leafs on Tuesday, Quinn commented "we better get these new bad restrictions in and soon...those pads were at least 13.5 inches wide...unbelievable...I even offered the refs to go get a tape measurer on the team charter so that we could measure those things...

...I think that kid (Hnlicka) should be suspended forever..."

Pat's not a happy camper at the moment.

ERIC EDITORIAL : Please note that since I am a real-life Leafs fan, I am able to poke fun at my coach...also note, any Sens fan in the HNFHL wanting to post propaganda about the Leafs and wanting to use my comments in the post as proof that even Leafs fans sometimes have to admit that Good Ole' Quinny goes off the charts will be hunted down by Leafs Nation!!!!

Brian Duff,
Leafs TV

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
godlh said:
Commenting on Milan Hnlicka shutting out the Leafs on Tuesday, Quinn commented "we better get these new bad restrictions in and soon...those pads were at least 13.5 inches wide...unbelievable...I even offered the refs to go get a tape measurer on the team charter so that we could measure those things...

...I think that kid (Hnlicka) should be suspended forever..."

In response to the comments made by Leafs coach, Pat Quinn, Canes tender Milan Hnilicka said ,"I guess he didn't see the ref measuring my pads before the game." He left it at that.

It was others that came to spoke for Hnilicka.

"Its typical Pat. I wouldn't blame him for making those comments. I think I would have made them myself if my team has lost about 6 games. Although the only difference is that I wouldn't have made them publicly," said Canes coach Tony Granato.

"Well stiff bickies," said Dale Purinton. "We won the game fair and square. I was there when the ref was measuring Licker's (Hnilicka) pads. Although, some of the sticks that the Leafs were using looked suspect as well."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad