Tkachuk Spears Martin from the bench - Suspended 1 Game

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I love how he does this shit to tougher guys and doesn’t have to pay the price for it.

He did it to Witowski as he was off the ice, and now does it to Martin while he’s on the bench. Something tells me he wouldn’t do it to them face to face, no refs or players in between.

Someone is going to stiffen this guy up big time.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I'm sorry but the thing against Detroit and this do not equal Matt Cooke, this is more Marchand stuff. I have no issue with supplemental discipline for this incident, but let's not pretend like it was malicious or dangerous like Cooke was.

This.

The difference between this and Cooke stuff is while this is still a total trash move, it had zero potential to hurt anyone. Martin didn't even feel it.

I want him to knock of the childish stuff too but I just don't see how two taps are equivalent to blowing out knees

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
A talented version of Matt Cooke light probably best describes him. He is a dirty player, nothing new to the game of hockey, though in today's game his BS is not going to be tolerated like it would have 20 years ago

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm sorry but the thing against Detroit and this do not equal Matt Cooke, this is more Marchand stuff. I have no issue with supplemental discipline for this incident, but let's not pretend like it was malicious or dangerous like Cooke was.
Right and Marchand wasn't just as bad as Cooke was right? Give me a break. Tkachuk did something dumb again and this time it won't be a fine. Maybe he should stop being an idiot.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
This.

The difference between this and Cooke stuff is while this is still a total trash move, it had zero potential to hurt anyone. Martin didn't even feel it.

I want him to knock of the childish stuff too but I just don't see how two taps are equivalent to blowing out knees
So if the spear was felt and painful then it's bad but because it wasn't it's just ok? Lol. Of course you agree with him.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
Was he spot picking when he made Bieksa his ***** for an entire series? ;)
yes, yes he was. Didn't Bieksa beat him up a couple of time already in the fights they had? :thumbu:

his best fighting resume in the NHL are against a 6'0 Bieksa and 5'11 Dorsett = Tough guy ferlund.

Why has he been on his best behaviour ever since Engelland left? and dont use the 'oh he's a goal scorer now' excuse cause Lucic in his prime was scoring and fighting.

In a division with Macdermid, Gudbranson, Kassian, Maroon, Lucic, Clifford, Andreoff why hasn't he shown the same truculence as he showed against the Canucks? :sarcasm:

spot picker and now a Rat on the team as well.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
What about the slewfoots and elbows he like's to give out like candy.

Reactions: zar

jaloviina

1-2-3 stars!
Dec 24, 2015
Bunch of Jerks Finland
I think if he was a player in the 80´s he would be loved. he will become his own destruction in the modern NHL.

oh and suspension for sure again he doesn't learn and is a kinda rat.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Pointless puke move. Getting a star off of his game is one thing but this guy speared a 4th liner from the bench. History shows us that the person stirring the pot will eventually have to lick the spoon.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Refs never give him the benefit of the doubt? He has drawn close to the highest number of penalties this year and isn't getting called for a ton.

Also no he did not do the exact same thing a week ago or any time this season.
Slashing a player leaving the ice and then doing it while on the bench, this time a spear, is noteworthy and it'll be interesting to see if the DOPS does more than a fine, which this deserves. It should be 2 games minimum as he was likely warned for doing stupid stuff to players that are not in play while he is on or off the ice.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So if the spear was felt and painful then it's bad but because it wasn't it's just ok? Lol. Of course you agree with him.
It's like you didn't actually read what I said that he agreed with. I said I was okay with supplemental discipline, that's not saying it's okay. It's saying he broke the rules and if he's punished so be it.

There is a difference between defending Cooke comparisons and defending what he did.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
This is one of those incidents the DOPS could easily miss. Is this even on social media/media outlets besides HFBoards?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
What about the slewfoots and elbows he like's to give out like candy.
2 elbows and 2 so-called "slewfoots" is not exactly giving them out like candy. But keep crying about the fictional slewfoots, it will make a huge difference.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I honestly don't see the big deal with it.

Seemed pretty harmless and not very violent to me but I guess there's rules now that have to be followed by definition or something.

Pretty light spear.

I'm more intrigued by his constant Kreider-esque ventures into the goalie crease, really seems to be something he's working on.

And I'd love to have him on the Leafs. He just needs someone (aka, management) to give him a smack to reel it in a bit but not lose his edge ala Kadri.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
Yay a player that likes to cause mischief. Let's quickly neuter him to get back to our figure skating

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
If you are calgary you want him to get tagged for this one with maybe a game or two rather than given a pass because he will likely amp up the stupidity in the future.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I'd love him on McDavid's wing doing damage to those who touch McDavid. But since he wears the flaming C I'm swore to hate him.

I don't mind the ticky-tacky borderline stuff. From what I can see this spear is more just being an annoying SOB than anything else. The kind of stuff like the Carter elbow is clearly over the line and inexcusable. If he could find that fine line between pest and dirty player, accompanied with his skill set, he could be a one of a kind player in todays' game.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
So every time a player skates by the opposing bench players should feel free to give him a poke? Players on the bench are now allowed to participate with on ice affairs? Wonderful. Why not just use full face visors and make hacking and jabbing perfectly legal. That will teach them smarmy thin skinned sissy pants!
No just don't cry about it like he committed bloody murder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad