Tkachuk Spears Martin from the bench - Suspended 1 Game

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Im sorry but the stuff he's pulling at age 19, i'd say he's definitely on pace to do Matt Cooke type of stuff, if not more unless someone gets into his head. This is where leadership is gonna have to come through from one of the Calgary veterans.

Dont get me wrong, I love players who play on the edge. Antoine Roussel is hated by many but one of the favorite players just based on how he gets under his opponents skin. I love rough stuff but the **** this kid is doing is just stupid

I dislike roussel as well, but he's just a troll. He walks that fine line well and is almost never as egregious as tkachuk has been 1 and bit seasons in. He is going to hurt someone, no regard for anyone out there.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I dislike roussel as well, but he's just a troll. He walks that fine line well and is almost never as egregious as tkachuk has been 1 and bit seasons in. He is going to hurt someone, no regard for anyone out there.
Are you seriously using this as an example of how he is going to hurt someone? Since he was suspended for the elbow on Doughty, he hasn't done anything that could hurt someone. Man, some of you in this thread are just hilarious; acting like he just kicked your dog into the sun.

animation1a6kti.gif

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Are you seriously using this as an example of how he is going to hurt someone? Since he was suspended for the elbow on Doughty, he hasn't done anything that could hurt someone. Man, some of you in this thread are just hilarious; acting like he just kicked your dog into the sun.

animation1a6kti.gif
I stated earlier that this was a minor spear, a spear nonetheless.
He is a talented player but a dirty one. Don't pretend you haven't seen what he's been up to while he was a rookie being a hazard on the ice since playing in his first ever young stars game in penticton last season.

If he settles down he'd be an effective player, I just don't see it happening.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I stated earlier that this was a minor spear, a spear nonetheless.
He is a talented player but a dirty one. Don't pretend you haven't seen what he's been up to while he was a rookie being a hazard on the ice since playing in his first ever young stars game in penticton last season.

If he settles down he'd be an effective player, I just don't see it happening.
yeah he's not very good at helping his team win games with this style of his. Calgary getting swept in rd 1 is good evidence of this, since you'd think his style would be beneficial in the playoffs but it wasn't really

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
This should be a multi game suspension for Tkachuk. 3+ games in my opinion, easily.

In the fast pace of the game is one thing - this asshole was on the bench and speared a guy. Brutal.

Throw the book at him.

Reactions: jaloviina

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
yeah he's not very good at helping his team win games with this style of his. Calgary getting swept in rd 1 is good evidence of this, since you'd think his style would be beneficial in the playoffs but it wasn't really
Are you seriously pointing at the playoffs as Tkachuk hurting us? We were swept because of poor penalties (Hamilton was the biggest problem in that regard) and poor goaltending.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Are you seriously pointing at the playoffs as Tkachuk hurting us? We were swept because of poor penalties (Hamilton was the biggest problem in that regard) and poor goaltending.
Tkachuk was pointless and went -2 with 4 PIMs. it's not like he was good in the playoffs. If he can't even use his style to help his team win games it's a problem

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Tkachuk was pointless and went -2 with 4 PIMs. it's not like he was good in the playoffs. If he can't even use his style to help his team win games it's a problem
How many 18 year old kids are difference makes in 4 playoff games? Could have he been better? Sure. But so could have pretty much every single player on the team. Singling him out is nothing short of stupidity.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
How many 18 year old kids are difference makes in 4 playoff games? Could have he been better? Sure. But so could have pretty much every single player on the team. Singling him out is nothing short of stupidity.
the thread is about Tkachuk, why would he not be singled out?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I feel like there is some overreaction on this thread thread. I quite like Matthew the hockey player but he is currently struggling to find the line in the sand. These acts are starting to add up. So far Parros doesn’t seem like he is f***ing around like Q did so I am curious to see what his progressive discipline will be on this latest incident.

Matthew needs to wake up and figure out what era he is playing in because the Flames can ill afford him in the press box. They are in a dog fight with 5 other teams for the last wild card spot and at the end of the season his lost games could be the margin of error if they miss by a win or two.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
He'll get at least a game.
Kind of rough to have built such a reputation so early.
He's basically become a more talented Cooke or Burrows.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
This was just the silly act of a petulant brat. What worried me more was his runs at Andersen and Gardiner.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Tkachuk would be perfect with Matthews. He has Skill coupled with some edgy plays. He is trying to instigate and throw the opposing team out of their focus and game plan.

Yeah Tkachuk is a bit of a weasel. But so was Kadri in the beginning of his career. Kadri toned down a bit and he has become less of a liability for the Leafs.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I wonder if players will ease up on him when they see him cutting across open ice in a vulnerable position. My guess is not.
Hopefully he figures it out before someone decides to take matters into their own hands.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I don't like fighting in the NHL, but crap like this does a pretty good job showing why it should be allowed to stay. Kid is already the biggest rat in the game and keeps pushing further and further with no signs of stopping.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
From
The
Bench.
Really? Is that what that thing with the plank of wood people sit on is? No one (intelligent) is disputing what he did was against the rules and no one is disputing he will likely (and should) receive supplemental discipline, but people are crying like he killed someone and that is extremely over the top.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Really? Is that what that thing with the plank of wood people sit on is? No one (intelligent) is disputing what he did was against the rules and no one is disputing he will likely (and should) receive supplemental discipline, but people are crying like he killed someone and that is extremely over the top.
No, they aren't. People are saying it was dirty, and he should be punished for it. Especially, because acts like this are becoming quite the trend for the 2nd year player. Folks like you are just getting defensive because you feel the need to defend your player anyway you can.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Umm...no? Most foks are calling him dumb (he is) and saying his antics are dirty (they are).

Reactions: jaloviina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad