Proposal: Tkachuk for Tarensako

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Quite simply we need a pure sniper and to get a guy that can get us 40 goals we need to give to get. St Louis get's their hometown boy back and a great winger to pester opposition for years.

Trade Offer:
Flames get Tarensako, Barbeshev

St Louis get's Tkachuk, Frolik

Who would do this trade?

I hate you for this. Every time I see this my mind keeps inserting Tarensako into the lyrics of Frere Jacques and it wont go away.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Too early to say how good Taren Sacco will be. Always a lot of hype about these 2nd generation NHLers.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Every flames fan saying they pass is hilarious. Tarasenko >>>>>>>>>>> Tkachuk. Flames take this all the way to bank and never look back.

You know there more to it that goals scored . Age , contract both in years and in cap hit , Tkachuk is also the type of player you win with in the playoffs . I see very little reason for either team to make this trade as they are happy with their guy 11 > is a little short sighted

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Would never do this as a Flames fan. He's no Tarasenko-level star but he'll get there. Our most important player a part from Gaudreau.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
For some guy named 'Tarensako' they do it. They would just need to find a hockey player with that last name first and sign him, no problem. For Vladdy Tarasenko? Doubt it.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'd love Tarasenko, but I'd rather hang onto Tkachuk. I get that Tarasenko fills a need on the RW, but it also creates a huge hole that Tkachuk would leave. I'm also one of the ones who believes Tkachuk will be better than Gaudreau. He won't be as flashy, but he's developing into a really strong two-way player.

That said, I can't see St.Louis doing this at all.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
As a Blues fan I love little Walt. He's going to be a very good player for a long time. As for Tarasenko, I don't see him getting much better and he may of already peaked to tell you my honest opinion. He's sick and he has the ability to score 40+ goals a season but he's a pretty 1 dimensional player. Very streaky throughout a season and lives and dies on that wrister. If its not working, you see a lot of what we saw this season: inconsistency. In his defense he's never played with a 1c or a guy like Johnny Gaudreau. In that situation he'd probably go off for a massive year...

Blues are getting younger and Tkachuk brings an element the Blues lack right now. Idk if this is the trade but I really like little Walt as a piece. Flames have to give just a little bit more for a perennial 38-40 goal scorer on a good contract like his. I have no problem with Flame fans wanting to keep him and say no to this trade but Vlady's still one of the top snipers in the NHL.

Tarasenko > Tkachuk
Barbashev >Frolik

If a 1st round pick and prospect is added idk if I honestly hate the deal as it would help build the Blues future core and allow them to do something in FA...but I do not think they have a 1st? If not Frolik would need to be swapped with Ferland and at least a 2nd/3rd round pick.

So Tarasenko for Tkachuk, Ferland, & 2nd.

Doubt it from a Flames POV but that would be a more realistic price and that's still cheap.

Tarasenko is one of my favorite players. Will they consider dealing him in a trade like this? Highly doubt it but I don't have an issue if the Blues front office wants to get a feel for his value on the market. GM's should look into any deal that could potentially booster their club to the next level.

Last edited:

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Quite simply we need a pure sniper and to get a guy that can get us 40 goals we need to give to get. St Louis get's their hometown boy back and a great winger to pester opposition for years.

Trade Offer:
Flames get Tarasenko, Barbeshev

St Louis get's Tkachuk, Frolik

Who would do this trade?

Cmon, you're not even trying, no way in hell do the Blues accept this.

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
I’d take Tarasenko now if we were ready to compete for the cup this year. But would rather keep chucky and let him grow with the team, when we are a contender in a few years.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I would absolutely love to see tkachuk (both of them) on the blues. I just love watching that style of player.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I would enjoy the thoughts to have him on the Ranges - not sure what they want in return for Mathew Tkachuk - one of 4 pts. Chris Kreider champ or Zib perhaps? :)

Because he is just a few years older than Lias Andersson - so he fit in perfectly with us Rangers.

Kreider + Tampa Bay conditional draft pick in 2019 1st or 2nd for Matthews or
Zib + Tampa Bay conditional draft pick in 2019 1st or 2nd for Matthews. ;)

About similar value package since Matthews is a few years younger in comparison if Flames hit in the 2019 draft with that pick - they easily win the trade too.

If im not mistaken, who shoots right out of the two? Whos as young as Chucky? Flames need to add to their 4 core(young players, Monahan-Hockey-Chucky-Bennett) and it needs to be a right handed shot forward, Zib does nothing for us and i think hes a lhs? Im good with vet Backlund Selke caliber as a #2, CK is big and tough but I'd rather offer pure prospects for him (Kylington/Dube/Fox 2 of the 3) and more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad