Proposal: Tkachuk for Tarensako

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Do Flames need centers at all or a power forwards like Chris Kreider? I would give up our NYR 1st too in 2019, and since we more likely is a bottom team next year draft in 2019 it`s worth a lot more than Tampa Bay conditional draft pick. :)

Because our current D-core is worst in the league at the moment with usually 40 SOG or 50 SOG back to back games, and only Henrik amazing goal tending getting us points after the trade deadline.
Kreider doesnt come close to getting Tkachuk. Stop.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
That's a lot closer in value than Tarasenko and Tkachuk.

No it isn't.

At least with the Tkachuk-Tarasenko deal you can sell it as St. Louis getting younger and a guy with a lot of potential left that has a skill set (pest with talent) that is fairly rare in the NHL.

In a Kreider for Tkachuk deal the Flames get older, worse and lose any potential. There is zero reason for the Flames to make that deal.

You may not agree with the reasoning behind a Tarasenko-Tkachuk deal and think the value is off but at least there is something there to go on.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Tarasenko would be a good fit for the Flames but it'd take Monahan to get him there.

He is a great fit for the Flames if we can get him without giving up any of our top 3 (monahan, gaudreau, tkachuk) forwards. Moving one of them to get him only shuffles the deck chairs and leaves us with the same holes and a roster not close enough to contend for a cup.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
No it isn't.

At least with the Tkachuk-Tarasenko deal you can sell it as St. Louis getting younger and a guy with a lot of potential left that has a skill set (pest with talent) that is fairly rare in the NHL.

In a Kreider for Tkachuk deal the Flames get older, worse and lose any potential. There is zero reason for the Flames to make that deal.

You may not agree with the reasoning behind a Tarasenko-Tkachuk deal and think the value is off but at least there is something there to go on.
Tarasenko is 26, legit 35-40 goal scorer. Currently or only top 6 right wing and is a threat that teams have to double team consistently which allows others open ice. There is no sell or pitch you could make that would have Blues fans Trading Tarasenko for tkachuck NONE.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
He is a great fit for the Flames if we can get him without giving up any of our top 3 (monahan, gaudreau, tkachuk) forwards. Moving one of them to get him only shuffles the deck chairs and leaves us with the same holes and a roster not close enough to contend for a cup.
In what world do the :blues trade Tara...sorry Tarensako? And to add to that, without receiving AT LEAST 1 of those 3? really...i want Gaudreau as long as it doesnt cost schwartz, schenn, tarasenko, fabbri, pietrangelo, dunn, parayko, edmundson or any of our top 5 prospects.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
This is not the 1990s and Tarasenko is a much better player that Palffy was. It's nice of you to crown Tkachuk a 30-35 goal scorer but in 144 career games so far he has 37. Let's see if he can reach it once.

Noted: Tarasenko has 27 goals in 71 games to Tkachuks 24 in 68

A player like Tkachuk is not easy to find, Blues certainly don't have anyone like him.
Neither team does the trade, but it terms of value I think I'd rather have the cost controlled
power forward. If the contracts were equal it might be more of a toss-up

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL

A player like Tkachuk is not easy to find, Blues certainly don't have anyone like him.
Neither team does the trade, but it terms of value I think I'd rather have the cost controlled
Well last year Tarasenko had 39 goals to Tkachuk's 13 so you owe us 3 whole Tkachuks for 91 now :laugh: . Yes its Vladi's worst season since becoming an elite goal scorer, doesnt mean that they are in the same echelon when it comes to offense.

p.s. i do like Tkachuk though, and was REALLY hoping we traded up in that draft for him

Reactions: TrentonF

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
In what world do the :blues trade Tara...sorry Tarensako? And to add to that, without receiving AT LEAST 1 of those 3? really...i want Gaudreau as long as it doesnt cost schwartz, schenn, tarasenko, fabbri, pietrangelo, dunn, parayko, edmundson or any of our top 5 prospects.

I don't think they do and never said they would.

I didn't bring up the idea of trading for Tarasenko I am just explaining why it doesn't make much sense from a Flames point of view. I am not sure why needed to overreact so much.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

How the hell can you land a player like Tarasenko without giving up something of quality? Calgary doesn't have the picks to do so... I think you're wearing rose colored glasses a bit when it comes to your players vs. other teams top players.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Tarasenko is 26, legit 35-40 goal scorer. Currently or only top 6 right wing and is a threat that teams have to double team consistently which allows others open ice. There is no sell or pitch you could make that would have Blues fans Trading Tarasenko for tkachuck NONE.

Again I have never said that the Blues would or should trade for him.

Is it really that hard for Blues fans to read or do they all just go into a rage and get mad about stuff that isn't written.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Couldnt have said it better my self

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
How the hell can you land a player like Tarasenko without giving up something of quality? Calgary doesn't have the picks to do so... I think you're wearing rose colored glasses a bit when it comes to your players vs. other teams top players.

LOL

The reading comprehension here is awesome. I never said they could land a player like that I pointed out what would make sense from a purely Flames perspective.

At no point in this thread have I advocated for the Flames trading for Tarasenko or the Blues trading him.

I was pointing out the only way it made sense for the Flames to trade for him. There is no rose colored glasses here as I think the chances of the Flames trading for him is zero, with or without one of the big 3 forwards included.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Again I have never said that the Blues would or should trade for him.

Is it really that hard for Blues fans to read or do they all just go into a rage and get mad about stuff that isn't written.
You literally just said that Tarasenko / Ktchuck was closer than other offer. I made a comment on your age thing. Tarasenko is 26 years old. Then i Stated that you couldnt sell or pitch anything between blues and Calgary that would fetch him. I think you said something a little dumb and people called you out on it. So rather than except that what you said was probably a little silly you got Bhurt and decided to lash out at blues fans. LOL

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You literally just said that Tarasenko / Ktchuck was closer than other offer. I made a comment on your age thing. Tarasenko is 26 years old. Then i Stated that you couldnt sell or pitch anything between blues and Calgary that would fetch him. I think you said something a little dumb and people called you out on it. So rather than except that what you said was probably a little silly you got Bhurt and decided to lash out at blues fans. LOL

I didn't get butt hurt or lash out.

Also didn't say anything dumb. The people lashing out are all talking about the Tarasenko-Tkachuk deal makes much more sense than a Tkachuk-Kreider deal. Doesn't mean that either deal should go through but there is zero doubt that Blues deal makes a lot more sense.

Edit: in the first post I quoted the guy said in what world trade Tarasenko? Well considering I never said the would or should not sure what he is getting at.

TrentonF whines about a world in which you land Tarasenko when I never once said the Blues should trade him or the Flames could get him.

The fact that people can't figure out the difference between what makes sense for the Flames to do and me stating that is what the Blues should do is there fault not mine.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
LOL

The reading comprehension here is awesome. I never said they could land a player like that I pointed out what would make sense from a purely Flames perspective.

At no point in this thread have I advocated for the Flames trading for Tarasenko or the Blues trading him.

I was pointing out the only way it made sense for the Flames to trade for him. There is no rose colored glasses here as I think the chances of the Flames trading for him is zero, with or without one of the big 3 forwards included.

Don't condescend. I quoted exactly what you said.

He is a great fit for the Flames if we can get him without giving up any of our top 3 (monahan, gaudreau, tkachuk) forwards.

Yes afterwards you posted and said Calgary can't realistically get him. Fine.

Look at the thread you're in. Look at the responses. In that context my reply was exactly spot on. There are a number of Flames fans who this that Tkachuk for Tarasenko is a reasonable trade. It is not. That is no way is a criticism of Tkachuk. I'd take him on my team any time.

Reactions: Colt55

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Don't condescend. I quoted exactly what you said.

He is a great fit for the Flames if we can get him without giving up any of our top 3 (monahan, gaudreau, tkachuk) forwards.

Yes afterwards you posted and said Calgary can't realistically get him. Fine.

Look at the thread you're in. Look at the responses. In that context my reply was exactly spot on. There are a number of Flames fans who this that Tkachuk for Tarasenko is a reasonable trade. It is not. That is no way is a criticism of Tkachuk. I'd take him on my team any time.

Yes i did post that and the key word there is if we can get him. So you may have quoted what I said put your response had nothing to do with it.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Well last year Tarasenko had 39 goals to Tkachuk's 13 so you owe us 3 whole Tkachuks for 91 now :laugh: . Yes its Vladi's worst season since becoming an elite goal scorer, doesnt mean that they are in the same echelon when it comes to offense.

p.s. i do like Tkachuk though, and was REALLY hoping we traded up in that draft for him

What I'm saying is that, due to the difference in contract amounts the value of the two players are not far off. I'm guessing that Tkachuk signs a 4 to 4.5M deal thisoff season. The difference to Tarasenko is 3 to 3.5M - which would land a pretty decent player.
As we've seen, the key to building a successful team isn't to have the highest salaried players (Toews, Kane, Price, McDavid), it's to have the best balance. Moreover, is there any team that wins a Stanley Cup with a Russian Player as their best?

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Yes i did post that and the key word there is if we can get him. So you may have quoted what I said put your response had nothing to do with it.
The funny part is you wanted him and listed for scraps. He is top 3 rw in league and you wanted him for scraps. Also Krieder for Ktchuck is closer that Tarasenko for Ktchuck. We should have a pole i gaurantee you 80% of HF agrees with me.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The funny part is you wanted him and listed for scraps. He is top 3 rw in league and you wanted him for scraps. Also Krieder for Ktchuck is closer that Tarasenko for Ktchuck. We should have a pole i gaurantee you 80% of HF agrees with me.

No I didn't want him for scraps at all I never once said he should be traded from the Blues.

And if you actually read what was said (which seems tough for you) you will see that there is zero sense to make a Tkachuk-Kreider deal. At least with a Tkachuk-Tarasenko deal the Blues get younger, cheaper and potential. With the Kreider deal the Flames get a worse, older, more expensive player.

You may not like a Tarasenko-Tkachuk deal, and I wouldn't do it if I were the Blues, but there is something behind that deal.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
So I'm a bit confused. Do the Blues add Vincenzo Arelliti to Tarensako or not? I'll bet that package could get Kachunk.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis

You are seriously comparing value based upon stats in Tarasenko's undoubtedly worse season to date...? nice. He's shooting 3% lower than his career average of 13%. No one here that is a Blues fan is going to sugar coat it and say that he's not having a horrible year. Regardless in his horrible year he is still a 60-70 point right winger. Our closest comparable right winger is Jaskin... I still am not sold that he's anything more than an extremely good possession bottom 6 player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->