Proposal: Tkachuk for Tarensako

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
Quite simply we need a pure sniper and to get a guy that can get us 40 goals we need to give to get. St Louis get's their hometown boy back and a great winger to pester opposition for years.

Trade Offer:
Flames get Tarasenko, Barbeshev

St Louis get's Tkachuk, Frolik

Who would do this trade?

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Quite simply we need a pure sniper and to get a guy that can get us 40 goals we need to give to get. St Louis get's their hometown boy back and a great winger to pester opposition for years.

Trade Offer:
Flames get Tarensako, Barbeshev

St Louis get's Tkachuk, Frolik

Who would do this trade?

Teams don't make trades that hurt them just to get a hometown boy.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I would enjoy the thoughts to have him on the Ranges - not sure what they want in return for Mathew Tkachuk - one of 4 pts. Chris Kreider champ or Zib perhaps? :)

Because he is just a few years older than Lias Andersson - so he fit in perfectly with us Rangers.

Kreider + Tampa Bay conditional draft pick in 2019 1st or 2nd for Matthews or
Zib + Tampa Bay conditional draft pick in 2019 1st or 2nd for Matthews. ;)

About similar value package since Matthews is a few years younger in comparison if Flames hit in the 2019 draft with that pick - they easily win the trade too.

Last edited:

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I Love Tkachuk

Tarasenko >Tkachuk

If BT had this on the table he should do it. Tarasenko is even the RW Sniper were looking for to play Gaudreau with. This is bad for the Blues.

Reactions: JustJets

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I will very politely pass from the Flames POV.

Do Flames need centers at all or a power forwards like Chris Kreider? I would give up our NYR 1st too in 2019, and since we more likely is a bottom team next year draft in 2019 it`s worth a lot more than Tampa Bay conditional draft pick. :)

Because our current D-core is worst in the league at the moment with usually 40 SOG or 50 SOG back to back games, and only Henrik amazing goal tending getting us points after the trade deadline.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Every flames fan saying they pass is hilarious. Tarasenko >>>>>>>>>>> Tkachuk. Flames take this all the way to bank and never look back.

No, not really. Tkachuk offers so much to his overall game. Tarasenko is an upper elite player, but I’d rather move Gaudreau for Taresenko for Tkachuk.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
No. Also, Tarasenko is pretty much our only natural RW. We are in a worse position than you are in terms of Right Wingers. Love Tkachuk and would love to have another one in St Louis. This does not do it though, whatsoever.

I don't think there is realistically a package from Calgary that would make sense for Tarasenko. Not saying that they don't have the pieces to do it, it's just our needs are fairly aligned with yalls.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Kreider + Brett Howden 2nd pick from Tampa + 2019 Tampa conditional pick 2nd or 1st draft round - another nice package deal with value also for the future in 3-4 years when Kreider is 30 years old for Matthews T. :)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Do Flames need centers at all or a power forwards like Chris Kreider? I would give up our NYR 1st too in 2019, and since we more likely is a bottom team next year draft in 2019 it`s worth a lot more than Tampa Bay conditional draft pick. :)

Because our current D-core is worst in the league at the moment with usually 40 SOG or 50 SOG back to back games, and only Henrik amazing goal tending getting us points after the trade deadline.

Honestly I wouldn’t move Tkachuk at all. He’s just such a special breed of player.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Honestly I wouldn’t move Tkachuk at all. He’s just such a special breed of player.

I understand that - I hope we get the other Tkachuck in the 2018 draft, but we win too many games recently - and it start to upset me. Because I know that lower draft positions is so important for this Rangers rebuild.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I understand that - I hope we get the other Tkachuck in the 2018 draft, but we win too many games recently - and it start to upset me. Because I know that lower draft positions are so important for this Rangers rebuild.

I think Brady will add a lot of what Matt brings. I just think Matthew will be the better scorer.

Reactions: Ori

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad