Rumor: Tkachuk due to have hearing with the league (Kypreos)

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Tsn just reported on Twitter that tkachuk is suspended for 1 game. Haven't seen anything from the nhl yet though.

Tkachuk slashed the leg of Red Wings right winger Luke Witkowski as he headed for the dressing room after being sent off for fighting with the Flames' Brett Kulak. Tkachuk's slash prompted Witkowski to then return to the ice, as another fight ensued.

Tkachuk blamed the ensuing brawl on Witkowski, arguing the 27-year-old was looking for a reason to return to the ice.

"Wisniewski, or whatever his name is, was just an absolute wrecking ball trying to start stuff, starting a complete circus with how many minutes left?" Tkachuk said. "It's a joke that a guy like that would... Just do something pretty stupid that kind of started everything. And then (he) turns back and chirps our whole bench, didn't want to go anywhere, so I just went over there to give him a little poke and tell him just to get out of here."

"He was just looking for an excuse to come back. It's just stupid."

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Good for Tkachuk to call him out. It wasn’t a “slash” either, sure he made contact with him but calling it a slash is an exaggeration.

Reactions: Dack

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I doubt they call anyone up rather than just use Stajan/Hamilton but I'd really love to see Mangiapane get a game in the top 9.

Reactions: Kahvi and Calculon

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not really mad at the suspension. It's a game, and because he got the suspension last year, he won't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. Just the way it is

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

I like how this explanation didn't apply to Mantha who was hammering Hamonic with punches as he was "off" the playing surface, I also like how this explanation didn't apply to Corey Perry 7 months ago in the playoffs when he was doing this to people who were "off" the playing surface.

This league is a joke.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room

I like how this explanation didn't apply to Mantha who was hammering Hamonic with punches as he was "off" the playing surface, I also like how this explanation didn't apply to Corey Perry 7 months ago in the playoffs when he was doing this to people who were "off" the playing surface.

This league is a joke.

Haynes is clearly being a massive homer, the difference (and very obviously so) is Hamonic was willingly involved with Mantha when they both fell into the bench. Tkachuk clearly went out of his way to give Witkowski that tap after Witkowski was off the ice.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Haynes is clearly being a massive homer, the difference (and very obviously so) is Hamonic was willingly involved with Mantha when they both fell into the bench. Tkachuk clearly went out of his way to give Witkowski that tap after Witkowski was off the ice.

Yeah I agree with you, they are 2 different situations. Falling into someone’s bench isn’t the same as walking off the rink. What I don’t like about the thing with Tkachuk is that Witkowski was chirping the entire team, Tkachuk “tapped” him (not slashed) and said “get out of here”. So he was sticking up for his teammates which I like. Yes he technicallu should have just let him go, hence the game suspension and I’m fine with it. But Witkowski was the one who instigated the whole situation and his suspension reflects that so I’m fine with everything really.

Haynes is being a homer lol.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I love that in his comments he came off as being super annoyed with Witkowski. Tkachuk is only a 2nd year player and he’s like “who is this guy” lol? Tkachuk just has so much swagger.

When I watch Matty play, I think yeah this guy's good and fun to watch.

And then I get reminded he's only 19 years old and in his second year and it blows my mind. He plays so much like someone who has been in the league for a number of years I always forget how young he is.

Reactions: Janks

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
When I watch Matty play, I think yeah this guy's good and fun to watch.

And then I get reminded he's only 19 years old and in his second year and it blows my mind. He plays so much like someone who has been in the league for a number of years I always forget how young he is.

Yeah it’s crazy. That’s what I mean, even hearing him talk I think he forgets that as well.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
It’s a bit different because he literally grew up among NHL teams. This has to be where he is most comfortable and he’s not the type to shy away from putting in his 2 cents. Definitely one of my favourite players.

I shudder to think that he could have been a Canuck so easily. God I would have hated him. Hopefully Brady ends up in the eastern conference.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It's a joke but only one game so not worth it to get to worked up about.

Not surprising to see the league ignore that POS Mantha who should have got the biggest suspension out of anyone in that whole ordeal.

I am not sure what is more embarrassing the league not suspending him or someone trying to justify it in this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->