Rumor: Tkachuk due to have hearing with the league (Kypreos)

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Can’t see him getting more than a max fine. To my knowledge, there hasn’t been precedent set for a suspension for unsportsmanlike conduct ever.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Witkowski suspension was obvious and Tkachuk wouldnt even be talking to the NHL if Witkowski hadnt completely lost it. I think the NHL wants to suspend him but has nothing on him that they can.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
As I said in the GDT, when you watch the video from SN, it look slike Tkachuk could possibly throw two spears after Witkowski returns to the ice. If this is where he got the spearing major, he could see a decent suspension.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
As I said in the GDT, when you watch the video from SN, it look slike Tkachuk could possibly throw two spears after Witkowski returns to the ice. If this is where he got the spearing major, he could see a decent suspension.
Considering he didn't have a stick for the "second attempt" it'd be a neat trick.

I think this is in-person to tell him to tone it down, and will likely involve game(s) off because of contact with a player not on the ice, as minor as it was.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
His quotes weren't posted on this thread, but I just love this kid so much:

Tkachuk blamed Witkowski for causing the fracas Wednesday night.
"Wisniewski, or whatever his name is, was just an absolute wrecking ball trying to start stuff, starting a complete circus with how many minutes left?" Tkachuk said after the loss. "It's a joke that a guy like that would... Just do something pretty stupid that kind of started everything. And then (he) turns back and chirps our whole bench, didn't want to go anywhere, so I just went over there to give him a little poke and tell him just to get out of here.
"He was just looking for an excuse to come back. It's just stupid."

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
His quotes weren't posted on this thread, but I just love this kid so much:

Tkachuk blamed Witkowski for causing the fracas Wednesday night.
"Wisniewski, or whatever his name is, was just an absolute wrecking ball trying to start stuff, starting a complete circus with how many minutes left?" Tkachuk said after the loss. "It's a joke that a guy like that would... Just do something pretty stupid that kind of started everything. And then (he) turns back and chirps our whole bench, didn't want to go anywhere, so I just went over there to give him a little poke and tell him just to get out of here.
"He was just looking for an excuse to come back. It's just stupid."

Which totally backs up his actions. That Witkowski is a complete joke of a player.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Which totally backs up his actions. That Witkowski is a complete joke of a player.

Take out your tough guy, accept the consequences.
Idiots like Witkowski would have thought 5 times about what they were doing if this was 10 years ago. He'd have two behemoths waiting to serve him up.

It's funny that the modern NHL and stat guys hate on tough customers with limited offense... but you see the Pens go out and get what is essentially a goon AFTER winning two cups. Toughness is still a factor in today's NHL; and Calgary doesn't have a lot of it.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm guessing this will be one of those suspensions where they suspiciously don't provide a suspension explanation video.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
He already had a major and game so IMO shouldn’t get any suspension just a telling off. Oh well at least it’s only one game

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’m not irate over this, I do think it’s a joke but he did instigate to an extent. But Witkowski was the main issue for the events that occurred and he got his 10.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad