Proposal: Tj Brodie for Sam Reinhart

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I wouldn't do that, Valimaki is probably at the top of the Flames prospect list and he's looked at as being a stud.

I don't mind Reinhart, I'm just not a super big fan of his, and we've seen what happens when a team trades a stud prospect defenseman.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Calgary passes. With a new coach, TJ Brodie will probably score 55-60 next year while being elite defensively. Reinhart's a solid player but Brodie's a gamebreaker - one of only three that Calgary has on roster. Cutting that number down to two (and subsequently zero on defense) is backwards.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
Calgary passes. With a new coach, TJ Brodie will probably score 55-60 next year while being elite defensively. Reinhart's a solid player but Brodie's a gamebreaker.
If that happens I will eat my hat. Brodie is most likely to be gone this offseason imo. But if he stays theres a decent chance he can bounce back with a new coach, but hoping for 55-60 points is basically lunacy c onsidering on average he is a 30-35 point dman with his best year being 45ish.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
his best year being 45ish.

His best year was 45 in 70 (53pt pace) and that's with only 9PP points on a disfunctional 2nd power play unit. He's also got 9 points in 15 career playoff games which, while a small sample size, is reflective of his impact in those games if not predictive of future games.

You're welcome to disagree with me but it's not lunacy to think he can get back to the level he was at before Glen Gulutzan came and decided to misuse him. There's a reason the coach was fired and it wasn't just to put a head on the spike for a bad season, it was almost exclusively because of

1) A bad power play that didn't utilize one-timers from forwards, something Brodie could set up from the point if the strategy weren't inane and counter to Brodie's pass-first style of play
2) Systems that are counter to Brodie's skillset and ability to confidently dominate games like no other defenseman on the Flames blue line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->