Proposal: Tj Brodie for Sam Reinhart

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
What would you guys think of this proposal? Calgary gets a young rightshot that could play on the topline, and buffalo gets a decent young-ish defender to address their glaring need for defense.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I don't have faith in Brodie. I'd pass. If you want to do something around Hamilton, I'm listening.

Last edited:

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Man did Brodie ever start getting underrated since he had a bad season. So many people are seeing him as a #5 at best Dman at this point.

I just don't see him as ever being a top pairing guy. He's a top 4 guy, who's 27, and has 2 years left on his contract. If I'm the GM, I'm not moving a 22 year old who I have the rights to for years for Brodie. It just wouldn't make sense.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I don’t think buffalo should do it but wouldn’t be surprised if they did. Reinhart is quite a bit younger and Brodie is only signed for two years. That being said Brodie is better than any left D buffalo has so it would be a big upgrade there.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I don’t think buffalo should do it but wouldn’t be surprised if they did. Reinhart is quite a bit younger and Brodie is only signed for two years. That being said Brodie is better than any left D buffalo has so it would be a big upgrade there.

Wrong. He's not better then Risto or Scandella.

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
It makes sense buffalo would pass simply because of age difference, and the fact that Brodie only has two years left on his contract. What would buffalo fans instead think of one of the flames defensive prospects as a base for reinhart? I.e one of Fox/Andersson/Kylington+? (I would be VERY hesitant to include Juuso Valimaki as I think he's our best defensive prospect and likely going to be a stud).

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Wrong. He's not better then Risto or Scandella.

Risto I can understand and even then Brodie was definitely better than Risto prior to this season. Scandella? You got to be kidding me. Even in an off year Brodie is still a bit better than Scandella, and when Brodie is on you can't even compare them. Brodie in 2015-2016 (His best season yet) he was better than Josi and Subban in that season. Obviously long term speaking Brodie doesn't come close to those two players, but likewise the same can be said about Scandella. Even if he had a better season this season he's nowhere near Brodie's caliber.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Risto I can understand and even then Brodie was definitely better than Risto prior to this season. Scandella? You got to be kidding me. Even in an off year Brodie is still a bit better than Scandella, and when Brodie is on you can't even compare them. Brodie in 2015-2016 (His best season yet) he was better than Josi and Subban in that season. Obviously long term speaking Brodie doesn't come close to those two players, but likewise the same can be said about Scandella. Even if he had a better season this season he's nowhere near Brodie's caliber.

Offensively yeah I'd give it to Brodie. Defensively, probably Scandella. There close.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Brodie hasn't been very good for the past two years. Really, he was only great when he was paired with Giordano. Scandella is better.
Brodie has been overrated for years and your right he was only great when paired with Gio but Scandella has never been great ever in any situation. He’s a decent #4 nothing more.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Brodie hasn't been very good for the past two years. Really, he was only great when he was paired with Giordano. Scandella is better.

Brodie was good pre-Gulutzan regardless of his partners. He was rated as a #1D with Giordano sure, but Brodie for long stretches was better than Giordano pre-Gulutzan.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Brodie has been overrated for years and your right he was only great when paired with Gio but Scandella has never been great ever in any situation. He’s a decent #4 nothing more.

Right now, if Buffalo had Brodie, I don't know who'd start above one another. I have to believe it would be Scandella unless Brodie proved himself to be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->